Critique my cutting diet

1. Critique my cutting diet

I'm 5 foot 8 190 pounds 10%bf Goal is to cut down to low single digit bf but retain ad much muscle as possible. My diet right now looks like this :

Meal 1pre workout- 40g whey, 1 cup quick oats

Meal 2 post workout - 40g whey, 1 banana

Meal 3- 7ounce chicken, cup brown rice, 1tbsp coconut oil

Meal 4- 7 ounce chicken, 1 cup brown rice, greens

Meal 4- pre bed- 1tbsp coconut oil, 40g Cassin

I eat every 3 hours and train hour and a half 5 days a week

2. What's 3 out of 5 meals as shakes. Would try to get more real food in there. What's your TDEE and current calories
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com
    •   

3. I would agree with @Woody - that's a lot of liquid calories. How long have you been following this diet?

5'-8" / 190lb / 10%bf?! Are you sure you want to post this in the "natural bodybuilding" section? Lol. How are you calculating body fat? Your current stats would put you at a 26 FFMI
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. Ehh I'm really just over thinking things. I did that for a day and felt like ****. What do you think of this :
    Meal 1 - 1 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey

Meal 2 - 50g whey (post workout)

Meal 3 1(hour after post) - 1tbsp of coconut oil, 1 cup of brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 4 -1 cup brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 5 - same as meal 4

Meal 6- Cassin shake

I'm eating every 3 hours after meal 3

5. Quote Originally Posted by liftallday123 View Post
    Ehh I'm really just over thinking things. I did that for a day and felt like ****. What do you think of this :
    Meal 1 - 1 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey

Meal 2 - 50g whey (post workout)

Meal 3 1(hour after post) - 1tbsp of coconut oil, 1 cup of brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 4 -1 cup brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 5 - same as meal 4

Meal 6- Cassin shake

I'm eating every 3 hours after meal 3
    you didn't really change anything there. what do you mean you felt like ****? foggy head, low energy, etc? how much sleep are you getting? I like to eat like this and i've maintained low bf for years this way:

meal 1: egg whites and carbs (white rice or sweet potatoes)
    snack: fruit and serving of almonds
    meal 2: lean meat and carbs and veggies to make up the slack if its not filling enough
    snack: fruit and serving of almonds or half avocado
    meal 3: protein shake post workout
    meal 4: lean meat and carbs/veggies

notes:
    for fruit I choose highly fibrous foods like apples. I also have a serving of BCAA's in powder form every day around lunch time with my creatine to get my hydration process started as I move away from coffee for the day. if I get a sweet tooth I either have those gummy multi vitamins, or a square of very high percentage dark chocolate (90%).

limit all alcohol content, drink more water, and for veggies I like asparagus, broccoli, or Brussels as they are very filling for me.

I find the above formula allows me to modify the amount of protein and carbs I get easily based upon the macros i'm shooting for, and the two snacks in the middle help to maintain blood sugar levels throughout the day.

I seriously only use protein shakes though as a method of muscle preservation if real food isn't readily available.
    •   

6. On the five days you train I would do the the diet you are currently doing minus the whey and substitute in more real food like whole eggs. That's a lot of whey in one day. Whey is converted in the body as dairy and a lot of it at once will make you bloated. If you cut whey out or cut back on it it will do wonders. I would only recommend whey post workout. On the other two days you don't train I would do very low or no carbs and some sort of moderate cardio for 30 minutes. Personally I like walking on a treadmill at 3.0 mph and at 5% incline. Another trick I know a lot of people use (Dallas Mcgarver) is a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar at the meal when you wake up and the last meal of the day. I don't know the real science behind it but it works haha. Hope this helped! Good luck!
  •