Critique my cutting diet

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5 foot 8 190 pounds 10%bf Goal is to cut down to low single digit bf but retain ad much muscle as possible. My diet right now looks like this :

Meal 1pre workout- 40g whey, 1 cup quick oats

Meal 2 post workout - 40g whey, 1 banana

Meal 3- 7ounce chicken, cup brown rice, 1tbsp coconut oil

Meal 4- 7 ounce chicken, 1 cup brown rice, greens

Meal 4- pre bed- 1tbsp coconut oil, 40g Cassin

I eat every 3 hours and train hour and a half 5 days a week

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's 3 out of 5 meals as shakes. Would try to get more real food in there. What's your TDEE and current calories

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would agree with Woody - that's a lot of liquid calories. How long have you been following this diet?

5'-8" / 190lb / 10%bf?! Are you sure you want to post this in the "natural bodybuilding" section? Lol. How are you calculating body fat? Your current stats would put you at a 26 FFMI

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Ehh I'm really just over thinking things. I did that for a day and felt like ****. What do you think of this :
Meal 1 - 1 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey

Meal 2 - 50g whey (post workout)

Meal 3 1(hour after post) - 1tbsp of coconut oil, 1 cup of brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 4 -1 cup brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 5 - same as meal 4

Meal 6- Cassin shake

I'm eating every 3 hours after meal 3

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ehh I'm really just over thinking things. I did that for a day and felt like ****. What do you think of this :
Meal 1 - 1 cup oats, 2 scoops of whey

Meal 2 - 50g whey (post workout)

Meal 3 1(hour after post) - 1tbsp of coconut oil, 1 cup of brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 4 -1 cup brown rice, 7 ounce chicken

Meal 5 - same as meal 4

Meal 6- Cassin shake

I'm eating every 3 hours after meal 3
you didn't really change anything there. what do you mean you felt like ****? foggy head, low energy, etc? how much sleep are you getting? I like to eat like this and i've maintained low bf for years this way:

meal 1: egg whites and carbs (white rice or sweet potatoes)
snack: fruit and serving of almonds
meal 2: lean meat and carbs and veggies to make up the slack if its not filling enough
snack: fruit and serving of almonds or half avocado
meal 3: protein shake post workout
meal 4: lean meat and carbs/veggies

notes:
for fruit I choose highly fibrous foods like apples. I also have a serving of BCAA's in powder form every day around lunch time with my creatine to get my hydration process started as I move away from coffee for the day. if I get a sweet tooth I either have those gummy multi vitamins, or a square of very high percentage dark chocolate (90%).

limit all alcohol content, drink more water, and for veggies I like asparagus, broccoli, or Brussels as they are very filling for me.

I find the above formula allows me to modify the amount of protein and carbs I get easily based upon the macros i'm shooting for, and the two snacks in the middle help to maintain blood sugar levels throughout the day.

I seriously only use protein shakes though as a method of muscle preservation if real food isn't readily available.

gbirch98

gbirch98

Awards
On the five days you train I would do the the diet you are currently doing minus the whey and substitute in more real food like whole eggs. That's a lot of whey in one day. Whey is converted in the body as dairy and a lot of it at once will make you bloated. If you cut whey out or cut back on it it will do wonders. I would only recommend whey post workout. On the other two days you don't train I would do very low or no carbs and some sort of moderate cardio for 30 minutes. Personally I like walking on a treadmill at 3.0 mph and at 5% incline. Another trick I know a lot of people use (Dallas Mcgarver) is a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar at the meal when you wake up and the last meal of the day. I don't know the real science behind it but it works haha. Hope this helped! Good luck!