working over my biceps. Please, give me advice

eqa

eqa

Awards
Hi people
I've still been trying to get some meat on my biceps. So will you answer please what approach is better for gaining mass.Taking standing barbell curl for instance. I can work with 32 kg (70 lbs) but it is almost the limit. I can hardly do it more than three reps at one set. Or should i take less iron and do 20-25 reps with 16 kg (35lbs) for example?
Sorry for my poor terminology. I think my problem is understandable. Thanks, guys!

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
Accumulating training volume is what is going to drive muscle growth. Volume= sets x reps x weight. The thing is you can do this in a multitude of rep ranges.. Higher reps are obviously easier to accumulate volume but you will also get to a point where muscle growth falls off when a weight gets too light. Stay above 60% of your 1 rep max.. So you can technically get growth with both but picking a weight in between those two is where you want to be. Picking a weight that will be challenging for you to complete 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions is a typical bodybuilding recommendation that works.

Ironhead4life

Ironhead4life

Awards
Anabolikz gave you great advice. I recommend a 15 rep range personally as that is what I prefer and gives me solid gains. I leave my ego at the door and could care less how much weight I move compared to anyone else in the gym. I mostly use weight I could do for 15 reps 3 or 4 sets then move to a different exercise and apply the same principle. I'm 43 years old and I'm making good gains doing it this way. If strength is what you are after then lower rep ranges would be in order but for bodybuilding growth moderate weight and higher reps as I stated earlier would be better. Again that's what I do.

Ironhead4life

Ironhead4life

Awards
Was trying to post a pic but it didn't work.

Deleted member 238667

As long as you aren't a B&B lifter (bench and biceps)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
the other thing you might want to focus on as well to help get the strength up is focus curls- IMHO people have screwed the pooch when it comes to concentration curls, doing them wrong every time. so if you think about focusing you will be better off. moderate wgt but at the point of contraction you want to hold and squeeze. again as iron said, leave your ego at the door and focus on the movement of your bicep as it contracts and releases,
ex- on a cable curl, use a single handle bar- position the cable at the bottom, use a wgt that you can get 7*11 reps using a 3 second rep-
1 on the positive- towards your body
1 on the full flex
1 om the lower
bend slighty at the knees back up just a little so your arm- F*ck i wish i had a video camera or just with you to show you this ;o)
your arm will be facing palm down and as you curl supinate your wrist 1/4 of the way up hold and squeeze and do the same motion on the neg/start of the excercise

this is just a little example that you can use as a finish or in between- NOT AS A START- again, your not lifting heavy

also, try to add wrist curls and throttle curls- when you start to fill your arm out, hammers and barbell excerises will be easier on your flexor muscle.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453076761.720886.jpg