Bodybuilding exercises for starters?

Lmroks

Awards
I need a bodybuilding exercises for a natural bodybuilding at home and for teens!

Im on puberty and only last year i started growing very tall and fast and i stopped when the summer vacation started and i did nothing i stopped being active and sometimes i ate one meal a day, yes i barely ate i just didn't feel appetite at all.

The reason I'm saying this is because i want to get bigger taller and feel like a man, right now i feel skinny and weak, I'm about 103 pounds and my hight is 5''5.

Im a teenager and i want shoulder and arm building exercise, six pack, chest and for my legs. (My legs are so thin it looks like two sticks literally).

And i would like to know how much protein i need to eat or drink, but i don't know measure units like liters so maybe you can tell me to drink 2 cups of milk a day just for example.

Im sorry if I'm not at the right forum.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^ What Paul said.

If you can read and add, then you can figure out how much protein you need. Seeing as you're a teenager though, you can eat whatever you want and be just fine. That being said: focus on eating whole foods and a lot of meat and you'll be just fine with that. If you see yourself gettin pudgy, eat slightly less. If you aren't gaining weight/muscle mass, then eat more. Keep it simple.

Lmroks

Awards
I own weights about 1.5 pounds weights.
Because i heard i shouldn't lift more than that because it can ruin my growth or whatever...

For my arms i prefer using weights... But for abs and leg i do without equipments.

so basically i need to eat meat. I heard that before.

But how many times a week should i exercise? How many times a day? How much time each exercise?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The reason I'm saying this is because i want to get bigger taller and feel like a man, right now i feel skinny and weak, I'm about 103 pounds and my hight is 5''5.

Im a teenager and i want shoulder and arm building exercise, six pack, chest and for my legs. (My legs are so thin it looks like two sticks literally).
Honestly, at 14, I am assuming your health etc. is normal and you are just not done growing yet. There is nothing wrong to want some of the things you do for a self image, but take time to just enjoy the fact that you are going to perhaps change a good bit, just from growing more. And to put the stresses on your system to get so called ripped abs, etc. etc. is not my dept. for real young people.
Also, understand you are headed to be a man and stature or physique is only a small measure of one really. Be okay with who you are and just allow yourself to be a young guy and have fun...!

My opinion on it is, if you wanted to stay fit and do the normal bodyweight stuff ie; pushups, some dips, BW squats, lunges, situps, running, basketball, biking etc. etc, I think that is great and even to add in a few weight bearing exercises seems okay too, but personally, I would not sweat the bodybuilding stuff too much. You have a lot of time and fun stuff ahead of you yet, to get to mired in a regular weightlifting routine.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well put, Paul.

At 14, I would just get myself involved in highschool sports.

madiskinny

madiskinny

Awards
Incorporate a lot of protein into your diet. The easiest workout regimen for me when I started to lift was separating muscle groups into: pecs and tris, back and bis, legs and delts. I saw the most gains using this training program starting out! I'd just research all the exercises you can and target those specific muscle groups when you hit the gym!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
push ups. shoot for at least 100 a day. not all at one time. but 100 total for the day. you'd be surprised how much push ups alone can begin to change the way you look

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
To add to what others have said, keep it simple for now. Here are a few sites with some good bodyweight routines that will definitely make you stronger and keep you in shape for the time being.

Welcome to the one hundred push ups training program
two hundred sit-ups
two hundred squats
one fifty dips - welcome!
twenty five pull ups
two hundred lunges
this would be an excellent starting routine. simple, but for someone your age it'd be very beneficial. best of luck to you man!

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
Just remember to eat eat eat. As much as you can without throwing up. It takes a while to crave food every two hours but if you keep eating, you will get used it. Make sure you're not just eating crap junk food though.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just remember to eat eat eat. As much as you can without throwing up. It takes a while to crave food every two hours but if you keep eating, you will get used it. Make sure you're not just eating crap junk food though.
Look into drinkable meals. My own recipe takes 3-4 min to prep, 15 seconds to drink and packs 700-800 calories. And it's just oats, milk, banana and protein powder. I can add some natural PB for more fat calories. Bewm.

LiftingTins

Awards
Starting early, good for you! I would recommend talking to one of the PE teachers and seeing if they will let you into the gym to workout and have them teach you about the equipment and different exercises. Good luck!

pionutbz

Awards
highschool sports for your age

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Eat
----
Eat good clean foods.Calculate your "maintenance calories and add 500-700cals

Water
------
Drink 2-3 liters a day

Sports
--------
Football,Rugby,baseball,wrestling

Exercises
-----------
DO NOT do heavy weights until you are 16,unless you like being 5,5.
Push ups-100 per day
Dips- 100 per day
Sit ups- 100 per day
Squats-100 per day
Pull ups -100 per day
*Note:-All these exercises are done with bodyweight.Do this 3-5 days a week.Make sure you get 8 hours+ sleep

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
I may get flamed for this but at your age, with little no access to a gym and being at home...
I'd be rocking those Beachbody videos and learning push-ups on basketballs and all that core body weight stuff.
If you aren't doing school sports.
That will also prep you for later when you can incorporate the iron into your workouts.
Plyometrics will work those legs trust me.
I know this cause I have a 13yo and 16yo who do those videos and apparently young girls are quite impressed with that kind of thing. I'm easing the 16yo into weights now.

My two cents as an old dad...

DonnellHensle

Awards
Really, if you are 14 years old then don't need to think of bodybuilding exercises at home because this is the age where you can play outdoor games which give you sharper mind and healthy body and I think this is sufficient enough to get a stylish look and fit body instead of home workouts and you don't need to invest money. As simple as that!!!

David147

Awards
Hi, you are training far too much. When do your muscles get chance to recover and build? (Yes, they need that time.)

Google training less with better results.

You also need to build in whole sessions for cardiovascular strength. If you are worried about losing bulk try running with a backpack (you can add weight as you get better) - military training.