Bulk or Cut? Help

Barneyruble

Awards
Hello this is my first post and i have been in and out of the gym for 3 year but the past few weeks been doing stronglifts mon wed friday lifts are up a little but in two minds should i bulk or cut? I currently weigh 11.2 stone not sure on body fat but did say 13.4 on scales but don't know how accurate they are , my diet isnt counted calorie for calorie but eat super clean i probleys have about 130g carbs on a training day buts with it been winter is my body fat to high to bulk , i often get bloated very easy don't know why this is and carry fat around on chest and abbs. I am skinny every where else currently take protein blend once a day twice on training day and fish oil and multi and pre-workout . Just want to know what you guys think cheers

Here is a pic from yesterday started doing before and after shots

Attachments

healthse

Awards
first of all,
bulking is a complex process
make good research about it
keep your macros right
also, do try to maintain a high calorie intake diet
during the bulking phase,bloating is quite common,so watch out for it
cheers to life!!! :)

GymRat4Life

GymRat4Life

Awards
Bulking is pretty outdated tbh. Most pro athletes, fitness models/muscle models make gains year on year, without really gaining it losing any fat, but consistent lean muscle gains.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep in mind, (and speaking from a natty sense only), "bulking" is just a nicer way of saying gaining some Bfat along with your lean mass. The joke was, the BB'er is bulking up, but if his GF does it, she is getting fatter. HAHAHA...!
Most guys, who allow their vascularity and abs to disappear a little allow the belt stay another hole or so over and put aside the ripped look, usually have to add more calories to gain more overall mass. So of course some of it is fat. If one just wanted to put on lean mass, then figure about #5-#10 pounds in about a year. (sure it is going to depend on your genes some) If that does not sound like much, try eating #7 pounds of steak.
Most leaner/thinner guys however, will add better mass, strength and some muscular shape, if they are in a "calorie surplus" and not counting calories so close that they stay really on the lean side.
Eating clean is certainly a good idea, (and by clean, I mean good natural foods, meats, veggies and fruits) but, any calorie surplus, no matter if it is sweet potatoes, tuna or apples, will add bodyfat, if your system is not using it for energy and you want to gain overall weight, it will store any food as fat for later. So yes, oats and chicken may be better than pizza and fries, but lots of oats and chicken can make you just as fat as lots of french fries. It is just the fries and pizza can have worse oils and white flour with other crappie chemicals that are not overall healthy.

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Bulking is pretty outdated tbh. Most pro athletes, fitness models/muscle models make gains year on year, without really gaining it losing any fat, but consistent lean muscle gains.
How do you achieve this ? Surely there's like a bulk and cut theory to it ??
I'm not looking to get huge etc
ATM getting to 10% bf then bulk lean and repeat ? Is this the way forward . Like a model look I want to achieve

Don't want to take roids , what you guys take ?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Essentially what I do outside of contest prep is add 100kcal over my TDEE for the first month, then add another 100 the next, up to 500. Then reverse it while being consistant with my workouts. Not saying this is the magic way of doing things, it is just what I have found to work best for me and to keep me lean for photoshoots and other things at a moments notice.

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Essentially what I do outside of contest prep is add 100kcal over my TDEE for the first month, then add another 100 the next, up to 500. Then reverse it while being consistant with my workouts. Not saying this is the magic way of doing things, it is just what I have found to work best for me and to keep me lean for photoshoots and other things at a moments notice.
Ah ok so then your surplus max is 500 cals monthly increase of 100 then stay at 500 surplus for month then slowly decrease 100 month until 500 deficit then back up again ?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Ah ok so then your surplus max is 500 cals monthly increase of 100 then stay at 500 surplus for month then slowly decrease 100 month until 500 deficit then back up again ?
Yes, that is what I do. I don't stay at a max for very long because I hate fat and I hate cardio.
And as I said there are a million+ ways to do things, thus is just one way.

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Yes, that is what I do. I don't stay at a max for very long because I hate fat and I hate cardio. And as I said there are a million+ ways to do things, thus is just one way.
It makes sense to stay lean all year tho
Might try it mate once I'm at 10%