loss of income= loss of gym membership

macdady

macdady

Awards
So besides the basics of push ups pull ups and sit ups I have a bar in my garage so I also do hanging sit ups as well as different variations of pull ups. Anyone has any other suggestions?
I also am in construction so I use material to workout too lol like putting 2 buckets of mud on a price of 2" conduit and can do squats with it... I'm creative

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also am in construction so I use material to workout too lol like putting 2 buckets of mud on a price of 2" conduit and can do squats with it... I'm creative
So, if you can do squats with that set up, I would think you could then do deads, standing on a few concrete blocks that were laying around!? Take some weight out of the bucket and do a few sets of bent rows, take a bit more out and overhead press, take some more out and do a few curls. One arm bucket work could be like kettle bells too for single limb work.
Get to it dude ;-)

macdady

macdady

Awards
Hhhmmmm good ideas there sir lol

JRam

JRam

Awards
I would look at the loss of your gym membership as a positive. Now u can try out some different training modalities that u were probably ignoring while training at a gym. U should check out Ross Enamait's website (I can't post a link but it's his name with no space between first and last.com). Follow Enamait's training routines & u will be in the best shape of your life - guaranteed. His book, Never Gymless, which u can download for $12, is a classic. The guy know his sh1t. If u can afford it, u should get it. U won't be sorry. It's worth a lot more than any gym membership. Also, if u search You Tube there are literally hundreds of bodyweight and no equipment routines freely available.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Download or purchase P90X. Some don't like it..I love it.

JRam

JRam

Awards
If you're thinking of going the home video workout route, I'd recommend GSP's Rushfit. It's about 1/2 the price of either P90X or Insanity & it's better IMO. However, if u have some discipline, which admittedly a lot of people don't have, u don't really need these videos.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
Use the back of two chairs to do dips. Maybe sit something heavy on them so they do not tip over. Go on youtube and do a search for home gym. There is many videos of how people created different equipment using parts purchased at Home Depot/Ace/Lowes.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Sandbags man you can do anything with some sand and canvas bag!

macdady

macdady

Awards
If you're thinking of going the home video workout route, I'd recommend GSP's Rushfit. It's about 1/2 the price of either P90X or Insanity & it's better IMO. However, if u have some discipline, which admittedly a lot of people don't have, u don't really need these videos.
I tried px90 once and insanity... I can't stand that dude lol plus all that ballistic movement flares my knees up(stupid injuries)thank god I didnt pay for it *thanks to bit torrents*

macdady

macdady

Awards
Use the back of two chairs to do dips. Maybe sit something heavy on them so they do not tip over. Go on youtube and do a search for home gym. There is many videos of how people created different equipment using parts purchased at Home Depot/Ace/Lowes.
Lol I was actually considering welding a weight bench together out of some scrap metal I have... my garage is a crazy mess of random stuff

macdady

macdady

Awards
Truck pushes?
Haha I might have terrible flash backs of running out of gas... but I honestly had to Google that, never thought of that as exercise. More of a punishment for stupidity lol

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Haha I might have terrible flash backs of running out of gas... but I honestly had to Google that, never thought of that as exercise. More of a punishment for stupidity lol
then if you're really feeling like a boss, you can pull it with a tow rope

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No planet fitness near you? Only 10 dollars a month.

macdady

macdady

Awards
No planet fitness near you? Only 10 dollars a month.
There's 2... went there 3 times and wanted to kill myself( I hate crowds and get very tense and irritable lol)

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ha well since you do construction you can do some 60lbs jackhammer carries and 8x4 steel plate flips. I actually flipped an 8x4 plate the other day. Ha everybody was impressed actually and didnt think I could do it. Lol

Mon: 10hrs of over head with hell dog
Tues: full depth with 60lbs jackhammer
Wed: wash with 10k for core strenght.

Lol thats me week so far. Ha makes it difficult to go to gym after work some days.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Ha well since you do construction you can do some 60lbs jackhammer carries and 8x4 steel plate flips. I actually flipped an 8x4 plate the other day. Ha everybody was impressed actually and didnt think I could do it. Lol

Mon: 10hrs of over head with hell dog
Tues: full depth with 60lbs jackhammer
Wed: wash with 10k for core strenght.

Lol thats me week so far. Ha makes it difficult to go to gym after work some days.
A 4x8 steel plate? You crazy lol depending on the thickness I guess. But we don't run across steel that big very often... that and my boss wouldn't be too excited to see me doin that lol(also what's a wash with 10k? Lol)

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A 4x8 steel plate? You crazy lol depending on the thickness I guess. But we don't run across steel that big very often... that and my boss wouldn't be too excited to see me doin that lol(also what's a wash with 10k? Lol)
Thickness looks to be 1/4''. 10k is a 10,000 pressure washer. Like the one at the car wash but it can take of fingers, toes, paint. Lol etc. Also have a 40k that will put holes in cement.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Thickness looks to be 1/4''. 10k is a 10,000 pressure washer. Like the one at the car wash but it can take of fingers, toes, paint. Lol etc. Also have a 40k that will put holes in cement.
Lol your more man than I am, no way I would be trying to flip that steel closest thing I'd get to that is flipping a price of core board(1 inch by 2 feet at 12 feet long). Also damn that's a nice pressure washer, I got a puny 5000 psi one I use to get my driveway pretty

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Wow, the resistance on that pressure washer would certainly tax most of your muscles