Soft Muscles

Madman12

Awards
Ive been working out about a year ive gained muscle but they're soft to the touch and only hardens some when i lift.... My question is there anything i can eat or do in my workout to harden my muscles?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Some of the muscle hardness you see in experienced bodybuilders comes from YEARS of training and muscle maturity. Time..........

David147

Awards
Your muscles feeling soft is not the problem. The problem is the fat that is covering your muscles. If you want to be hard and tight, you will need to lower your bodyfat %. 9 months is not a long time to be working out, but you should no doubt have started to see progress already.

The biggest contributor to seeing the muscles you worked so hard to build is your diet. You say you are eating a high protein diet. That is only part of the story though. What about the rest of your food? How high is high?

I don't know how much you weigh, but try getting in 10-12 calories per pound of bodyweight in calories, and divide them equally into 4-5 meals.

Eat at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight in protein and also divide that equally into your meals.

For the rest of your calories, make sure you are getting your food from whole foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes, tubers, dairy, and whole grains.

Stay away from the processed foods! More than likely, this is what is causing your problems. If you can't find the food in nature, don't eat it.

Keep working out and make sure you are doing more than bench and curls. Add in squats, deadlifts, and rows, and you will start to see those muscles.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^^ he nailed it. You need to get your diet right and drop your bf%.

Just keep working hard brother