Random question to all...

Jeffott1

Awards
Is it possible to make your wrist bigger? I have a decent size forearm pretty large hands but scrawny wrist. Like I can wrap my hand around them and my thumb and pinky fingers touch. I don't think there is a way but all of my friends say there is. I thought it was nearly impossible since there's not really muscle there correct?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How old are you? If you are not done growing yet, maybe, but bone size is usually set after teens and determines quite a bit of wrist and ankle size by then.
Doing wrist curls or grip work can build a bit of the thinner tissues more under the wrist and of course gaining overall BW might add a slight amount.
That all said, you may also have long fingers and are able to touch the thumb and finger easier than some guys.
Try pumping up the forearm with some wrist curls, then see if you can still touch. That is probably about all you'll really add to the size.
Hey Dr Ken comes to mind and has small wrists but could bend or tear almost anything, along with a #660 DL #435+ BP #555 Squat.

Jeffott1

Awards
Thanks for the info. It's just an issue of mine I've been self conscious about. I'm 18 and 5'9.

heavyasssquat

heavyasssquat

Awards
I feel your pain, ive been doing an incredible amount of forearm work because i have decent bi's but tooth pick forearms (in comparison) just like abs the key for me was high frequency, farmer walks, wrist curls etc.

Robicena12

Awards
You can only grow muscles and an entire muscle will grow at once. If you get some growth in that area the whole forearm will be bigger. It's also really hard to make any long term gains via isolation training so I'd venture the best way to make that area bigger is to deadlift, squat, row, and press. The biggest thing I would suggest you tacking is the overriding human desire to find fault with themselves. You have a body, it works, enjoy it, make it better. Trust me when I say that if it wasn't the wrists it would be something else. The best thing you can do is detach yourself from garbage like that. Self obsession and the overwhelming need for acceptance are two major hurdles. They cloud the mind and weaken you. You won't ever completely eradicate them but try to keep perspective and hammer away. Gradually their pull will be lessened to a mere annoyance.