so getting back to the gym...

macdady

macdady

Awards
Diet is terrible and will probably stay that way due to work schedule I barely can make it to the gym a hour every day. But I do want to start cutting fat and then bulk muscle. Anyone have suggestions to help the newbie?(besides diet)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, barely any gym and no diet change?

macdady

macdady

Awards
I may have exaggerated a little on the diet thing. I'm trying to eat healthy. But compared to y'all its probably ugly lol. I get to the gym 5 days a week work out muscles to failure go home take a recovery shake and then bed wake up go to work and repeat. Just looking for friendly advise as to what vitamins/ proteins or supplements that I could take to help me out( I don't want to sound like some kid thinking there's magic pills out there to make me a god lol just want to get very strong not pretty lol)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may have exaggerated a little on the diet thing. I'm trying to eat healthy. But compared to y'all its probably ugly lol. I get to the gym 5 days a week work out muscles to failure go home take a recovery shake and then bed wake up go to work and repeat. Just looking for friendly advise as to what vitamins/ proteins or supplements that I could take to help me out
I'm new here too. I used to say I couldn't change my diet, but Its become part of my routine to pack my lunch 1-2 days in advance. Is that an option for you?
Also, have you looked into Intermittent Fasting? It's working for me. It's a huge diet change, but at about a month and a half in its become normal routine for me. I only eat between 12-8; I get my weight in proteins in first and then I CAN eat whatever else I can fit, but I try and take huge deficits on rest or cardio days.
At first I dropped 17lbs in 30 days, but now I've been trying to maintain my weight while still dropping inches in my waist.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as working out goes, make sure you change up your routines frequently. JeFit has a phone app that has a huge number of different workouts for each body part. I use that to come up with new things so I'm not constantly doing the same things.

macdady

macdady

Awards
I'm new here too. I used to say I couldn't change my diet, but Its become part of my routine to pack my lunch 1-2 days in advance. Is that an option for you?
Also, have you looked into Intermittent Fasting? It's working for me. It's a huge diet change, but at about a month and a half in its become normal routine for me. I only eat between 12-8; I get my weight in proteins in first and then I CAN eat whatever else I can fit, but I try and take huge deficits on rest or cardio days.
At first I dropped 17lbs in 30 days, but now I've been trying to maintain my weight while still dropping inches in my waist.
I do pack my lunch everyday but its cheap Alabama round steak(Bologna lol) and sometimes a salad. I just love food and cooking so there's my main down fall for healthy lol. Never heard of the fasting thing I'll have to research it

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do pack my lunch everyday but its cheap Alabama round steak(Bologna lol) and sometimes a salad. I just love food and cooking so there's my main down fall for healthy lol. Never heard of the fasting thing I'll have to research it
www.leangains.com is awesome!
Bologna is high in fats. I try and stick to turkey or chicken for sandwich meat, but right now I'm on a tuna/egg/cottage cheese/chicken kick. I eat 2-3 cans of tuna a day when i'm working, and I'm not really a fan (of tuna). Sweet relish and jalapeños help me out with that.
If I'm home I eat as much eggs as possible.
Personally, I think diet is the #1 thing to change if you aren't seeing the results you want.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good eating can become a habit and you just start to get away from processed foods that are pretty bad.
A good plan is to try to get as much from natural foods (stuff not in boxes, bags or cans) and it is cheaper. Drink water instead of sodas etc. etc.
Finally, on W/Os, and there are many proven routines as written, that you can follow almost mindlessly and do not have to worry about programming or anything else but execution of the sets and reps. That way, you just get to the gym regularly (the hardest part) and follow the template, using the largest compound exercises ie: squats, deadlifts, chins/rows, OHP's, BP's, some arm work and abs thrown in. That completes the best set ups for the most bang for your training buck. You see some progress and that is the best motivation to keep at it and get more and more disciplined. Many supplements are overrated and will do nowhere near what hard work and good reg food will do .
Bottom line and magic secret is..., what are you willing to do in the gym & the kitchen, to get the best from the W/O's and thus what you want???

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^ What he said!