Can i get bigger than someone who is larger framed

Silvercrank

Awards
Can i get bigger than someone who is both taller than me and has a significantly larger frame than me through bodybuilding?
my friend has a bigger frame but i wanna bulk out so i can be bigger than him, is it possible or...

thanks guys im new to this

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, it might depend on how wide your shoulders are, wrist size ankles etc. like Franco and Awwnold

Here are a few questions...

Why do you have to get bigger than him?
What about thinking along the lines of looking good or being strong for you and or the gifts you were given?
Remember you are not inferior to anyone, just your thinking might be. Change that thinking and be fine with what you have. ;-)

dylandufault

dylandufault

Awards
There's some instances that being bigger doesn't necessarily mean stronger or faster or better fighter depending on how you want to be. But again a lot of it is also mentally. Again like ^^ they said why do u want to be bigger?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha ha, yeah, wonder if Ed Coan ever wanted to be taller or Shaq shorter???

I'll tell you what, revel in your youth my friend, because getting old, sucks big donkey schwanz IMHO :-(

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
im with Sean. id rather be stronger than bigger. its one thing to look like you can press or squat huge weight. its a whole nother thing to actually do it

personally, i respect the big numbers more than the bodybuilders at the gym. big numbers are hard as fuk to get to

soccerkid55

soccerkid55

Awards
Can i get bigger than someone who is both taller than me and has a significantly larger frame than me through bodybuilding?
my friend has a bigger frame but i wanna bulk out so i can be bigger than him, is it possible or...

thanks guys im new to this
If you look at the video on my log, you can see my lifting partner is 6ft 4 and I'm 5 8. Go look and see which one of us you'd rather look like!

dylandufault

dylandufault

Awards
I agree. Id rather be stronger. Be the Guy that everyone laughs at when I walk up to the bench or machine and do what someone twice my size does

Silvercrank

Awards
Ha ha, yeah, wonder if Ed Coan ever wanted to be taller or Shaq shorter???

I'll tell you what, revel in your youth my friend, because getting old, sucks big donkey schwanz IMHO :-(
That sucks because my youth has been nothing but hell, my later years is all i have to look forward to.

Silvercrank

Awards
well i just want to look big, im already quite strong.
I have very wide shoulders and about 6'1 in height,
and ankle and wrist size has nothing to do with frame size, i know guys who have 8 inch wrists who have much narrower shoulders than guys with 6 1/2 inch wrists.
Also im not comparing a medium framed bodybuilder vs a large framed bodybuilder, im talking about being normal sized and wanting to be as big as brock lesnar (who is naturally big) through bodybuilding.
It seems like it is possible, considering ronnie coleman who is twice the size of brock lesnar, actually has a smaller frame than lesnar, ive seen pics of ronnie before bodybuilding he wasnt a big dude, and his wrists are only about 7 inches while brock lesnar probably has 9 inch wrists.

mik14

mik14

Awards
well i just want to look big, im already quite strong.
I have very wide shoulders and about 6'1 in height,
and ankle and wrist size has nothing to do with frame size, i know guys who have 8 inch wrists who have much narrower shoulders than guys with 6 1/2 inch wrists.
Also im not comparing a medium framed bodybuilder vs a large framed bodybuilder, im talking about being normal sized and wanting to be as big as brock lesnar (who is naturally big) through bodybuilding.
It seems like it is possible, considering ronnie coleman who is twice the size of brock lesnar, actually has a smaller frame than lesnar, ive seen pics of ronnie before bodybuilding he wasnt a big dude, and his wrists are only about 7 inches while brock lesnar probably has 9 inch wrists.
Ronnie would also be on 10x more gear then brock as ronnies life is about building his body, brock more about conditioning his body. 2 different life styles.

The question your asking has many answers, as yes you can become bigger then your friend, but then again if both of you were to push your selfs as far as you could genetically he may be bigger then, or it may be the other way around due to genetics.

Just focus on pushing yourself as far as you can weather its natural or not what ever path you choose and let the growing begin!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sure you can get bigger. if you wanna be 225, eat to maintain a 225 pound frame. look up the macro numbers for a 225 pound frame and follow it. not that hard to do.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Think of it this way... The amount of muscle people put on through caloric surpluses are typically the same, along with hormone profiles, so despite size differences, they put on muscle at the same/similar rate.

So where a short person and a tall person may both add 5 lbs in a month, one frame spreads it out more. It's hard to find a tall natural with aesthetically full looking long arms, despite real size.

Which leads me to my question OP: why do you want to weigh as much as someone with a larger frame? Your levers, aka limbs, are shorter which (when factoring real equations given in basic physics courses in college) suggest smaller frames are actually at a head start in terms of not only strength, but aesthetics as well.

Can you get as big as someone with a larger frame? No. Your frame is smaller , and you can't make it bigger with training. But your genetic potential and that of the larger frame have RELATIVELY equal genetic POTENTIAL. Which means you can reach yours easier, and your actually better off.

Cheers

mariscal

mariscal

Awards
Rather have good quality muscles then bench a **** load and get injured.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol yeah Onion, didnt you know you have to pose in front of a mirror like a high school girl to be allowed to talk sh1t on here?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
he called me a fa G. in my mind that means Fun & Awsome Gangster which i consider a compliment.

but at least im not afraid of the bench like a little girl right?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol personally I'd rather look better than be stronger at this point in my life. Not knocking anyone who wants aspires for being the strongest person in the gym. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

mariscal

mariscal

Awards
lol yeah Onion, didnt you know you have to pose in front of a mirror like a high school girl to be allowed to talk sh1t on here?
Try doing my training. Crossfit. You ****ing fools won't last 2 rounds

mariscal

mariscal

Awards
Try squatting what Sean can. It's a whole hell of a lot easier to build your cardio up to perform 100 unnecessary kipping pull-ups then it is to throw 550 on your back and to be able to squat that like its nothing.
It's as easy as getting stronger y'ou fool.

JDog479

Awards
Rather have good quality muscles then bench a **** load and get injured.
....wow. Only quality muscles push a **** load of weight. And a crossfitter suggesting that traditional strength training causes injury? You lost so much respect.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
....wow. Only quality muscles push a **** load of weight. And a crossfitter suggesting that traditional strength training causes injury? You lost so much respect.
he never had any to begin with

vassille

Awards
I used to fight with the scale for many years..always bigger and bigger. im 6ft and went from 165lbs in HS to 275lbs over the years and guess what once I got there I didnt like it. Just to damn big and slugish, eating all this food and it served no purpose besides my ego..lol
Stay at a weight that makes you look good in the mirror. Let that be your guide.