Meals/ training

Garvey

Garvey

Awards
Hi I have been lifting now for about 8 months seen some nice gains but now I would like some advice in my meals mainly if all my protein should be lean meats most of my meals consists of salmon,chicken and tuna as well as two whey shakes a day my training is going great my gains are good but my strength seems to be going nowhere I'm currently trying to bulk pls help.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i count protein from everything i consume...not progressing in strength could be contributed to your training as well

Garvey

Garvey

Awards
Hey,Hvactech thanks yeah using my fittness pal app and doing the same workout consists of pretty much everything of 4 sets 8x10 reps do you think maybe drop the reps to 6x8 with less sets really want to gain size and strength if possible.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't restrict yourself to certain reps/sets as you will plateau.

If you're bulking, hit up red meat as those fats are healthy and will up your calories. There's days I've hit 600g of carbs and days only 300g

Garvey

Garvey

Awards
Thanks Sean yeah I think it my be I'm not getting in enough carbs eating around the 300g mark find it hard to eat much more than that any suggestions?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Learn how to eat a lot lol

.5g/lb of bodyweight for fat intake
1g-1.25g/lb for protein
rest I fill up with carbs

Garvey

Garvey

Awards
Yeah I'm kinds of doing that eating 3000kcal a day

80g fat
Between 160 and 190 protein
Between 300 and 400 carbs

Would you say done things different sorry bud kinds new to this lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
height? weight?

if you aren't gaining, eat more and check your training

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
164 pound
5ft 11 dude
What are some of your main lifts at this BW? ie: squat, BP, OHP, deads, because you may think you are weak, but may be pretty much in line with the averages of a lifter with your height and BW!?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
164 pound
5ft 11 dude
Eat more. I also recommend jumping onto a proven workout program unless youre experienced to draw out a well balanced, periodized and progressive program. www.simplyshredded.com and T-Nation have good articles and layouts. Feel free to search and ask here as well.

Garvey

Garvey

Awards
Thanks Sean will make sure I look them up.
Hi Paul seems I'm pretty week by the look any my gym but here we go.

DL 4 sets of 6 242 pound
BP 4 sets of 8 143 pound
SQ 4 sets of 10 198 pound
OH 4 sets of 8 77 pound

Don't really know what to make of these.

MarkHerry

Awards
All posts are great and i am impressed with great suggestions. I like this meal training and i think people will learn some great meal ideas after reading these posts.