3 month training program advice

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Im looking to gain weight on a cycle this summer and just wanted to know what everyone reccomends for sets/reps for these three months.

Month 1- Normal Supplements
Month 2- On PH Cycle
Month 3- Post Cycle Therapy

And I was thinking...
Month 1- 4x6-8, 1 super set at the begining (high intensity)
Month 2- 6x6 with 2-3 super sets (high intensity)
Month 3- 4x6 no super sets (lower intensity)

I cant type out day by day since i never do the same thing haha just looking for a general outline to build my workout around :) thanks!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's dumb. Having set reps based on supplements/ph/and pct isn't necessary. You should involve different rep schemes and training principles year round. Find a proven program and stick with it, regardless of supplementation. Why post this in the natural bodybuilding section if your taking a PH anyways.

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Its not really stupid since you can train a lot harder while on ph, and you should lower intensity to keep gains during pct. And i posted it here because the majority of it is off of that and im not looking for anything special, just something general.

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
And yes i do know you should do different things year round, and i do. Thats why i was wondering what others thought were good that i should do over this time. Its not revolved around the cycle, its just at the same time as the cycle.

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Sean im just trying to add a mass and strength at the moment.
paul when you get off the ph, testosterone drops a lot. Test helps build muscle, so when this happens most people lose some gains until their natural test is backup. If you go too intense you basically overtrain eaisly so you will just burn your gains. If you ask in the anabolic threads they can explain in more detail :)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The key to making gains is picking a program and sticking to it. Switching is bad since you can't really see if you're progressing or not.

People build muscle with strength, some higher reps, some volume. It boils down to what you like. Me I like moderate strength with more volume. Some would say other wise. For example just started going up and down pyramid reps and I'm loving it. Perfect volume and strength wise.

You could look into PHAT which is stregnth , volume and twice a week body parts. It was a lot but it works well for some.

Edit- and of course diet but that goes without saying. Eat a surplus you don't need PHs or anything to gain mass.

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Yeah diets good haha. And ill look into PHAT, never heard of that. Thanks :)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah diets good haha. And ill look into PHAT, never heard of that. Thanks :)
It's really volume intensive. I thought it was a bit
Much for my liking. So I went back to my old split. Yeah diet man that's 100%, training is the other 100%.

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Yeah volume seems to work a little better for me so ill look into that. I like the 100% and 100% thing by the way haha. Clever

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah volume seems to work a little better for me so ill look into that. I like the 100% and 100% thing by the way haha. Clever
Look into German volume training for death I mean gains...

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Haha thats actually what i had in mind when i said it worked well for me. Did that for a couple months and i was sore as helll but made some good gains.

ChrisW002

ChrisW002

Awards
Look up the workout "6 weeks to sick arms." Its pourpouseful over training with a taper to build mass. If i did that but alternated the target muscle for overtraining would that be good? Just an idea. And would take a longg time to plan. Havent seen anyone do anything like this.

I did however have to write a research paper on the effects of overtraining with a taper. Physical results were good but it was a exercise psyhology class so it focused more on how it affected the mental health of the participants rather than physical, so it didnt go that indepth with gains and such.