Thoughts and advice on my new diet

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
I'm trying this week a new diet I was reading about and I would like advice and thoughts on it. In currently 6 foot weighing around 205 with around 15 percent BF. I'm pretty lean but I can't get this small amount of stubborn belly fat to go away. I'm starting to think I'm carb sensitive. I was reading a diet where your carbs are extremely low. Say every day percentages is around 60% healthy fat/30 protein/10 carbs. What's everyone's thoughts and advice on this??

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I'd flip the fat/protein ratio. And also carb type is more important than carb percentage. I've always had the best luck getting ripped by giving up all sugars, breads, pasta and booze.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
I'd flip the fat/protein ratio. And also carb type is more important than carb percentage. I've always had the best luck getting ripped by giving up all sugars, breads, pasta and booze.
Yeah man I tried it today only problem with it was I had a hard time gettin my calories high enough. Got around 2800. 46%protein/25 carb/28 fat

Klinessd

Klinessd

Awards
Hold on a second. 2800? That's too high if you're trying to cut, IMHO. I'm currently weighing in at 196, and this is the leanest that I have been. I was 208 about 10 weeks ago. I'm just slighter taller at 6'1". I have the same fat deposit area as you too. Abd and i also carry in the back of my inner thighs. Anyway just tell you all that because I started seeing incredible results when I started carb cycling. hi carb day 250+, med carb day 175ish, and then lo carb day <50g, repeat. On high carb day have minimal fats, on medium carb days I consume lo to moderat fats, and then lo carb days are high fat days( 125g+ healthy fats)Sometimes I would even take the day after my medium carb day and go lo carb/lo fat. I'm always hitting 150g of protein, if not more. Now I am only doing one high carb and one medium carb day per week. I don't count green veggies or nuts as carbs. Usually I'm around 1800cal.I feel great, washboard coming in for the first time, all kinds of new uncovered vasculature. It has worked for me, hope it does for you. I used sups for the first 6 weeks(alphamine and vanillean) now I'm just drinking coffee once preworkout which is my morning with protein and coconut oil. I'm rambling, sorry.