mass gainer

  1. Registered User
    em120690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10
    Answers
    0

    mass gainer


    i have a hard time getting all my carbs in for the day so i was thinking about subsituting mass gainer for my whey protein, my question though is mass gainer the same as whey and if not what is the difference.

  2. Registered User
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,374
    Answers
    0

    difference is that most mass gainers are just protein mixed with a cheap carb loader. you can do the same thing by buying 10lb tub of dextrose or maltodextrin for $20 and mixing that with protein.

    there are some good gainers out there though. for example, N2 Bulk uses sweet potato as its carb loader. its expensive though
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,602
    Answers
    0

    just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    anabolix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    55
    Answers
    0

    IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,602
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by anabolix View Post
    IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.
    no need to buy a carb gainer shake. just add raw oats.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  6. Registered User
    cumminslifter's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,821
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO
    this. whole food is always best but if you really cant eat enough i recommend dymatize elite mass. awesome profile
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,602
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    this. whole food is always best but if you really cant eat enough i recommend dymatize elite mass. awesome profile

    i actually use that for a few months right when my bulk is first starting. i only use 1 scoop though, but add in my own nutrients as well to make it very high in cals, carbs, and protein.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  8. Registered User
    michaelawlker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i actually use that for a few months right when my bulk is first starting. i only use 1 scoop though, but add in my own nutrients as well to make it very high in cals, carbs, and protein.
    These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
  9. Registered User
    cumminslifter's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,821
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post
    Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
    whaaaa
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,602
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post
    These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
    umm what
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  11. Registered User
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,374
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post

    These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
    lol dafuq?
  12. Registered User
    flamini's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    152
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by em120690 View Post
    i have a hard time getting all my carbs in for the day so i was thinking about subsituting mass gainer for my whey protein, my question though is mass gainer the same as whey and if not what is the difference.

    Your mass gainer may or may not have whey in it but it s not the same. Whey is protein. A mass gainer is usually a protein blend with a bunch ofeither creatine and/or simple carbs for quick weight and easy calories. If you can get your Cals in food your better off. If not Mass gainer may be beneficial. Whey will not have nearly as many calories (if you read the label you will see the differnce may be 7-800 clas) Whey is better , but if you need the cals then go for the gainer.

    OR post workout 1-3 hours after your whey shake take the gainer.
  13. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,389
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO
    Why stop there? Add some fruit like frozen strawberries or bananas plus flax ( don't kill me) seeds plus peanut butter plus some milk plus 1 cup of oats or 2! All that together in a blender can get you 70 to 120 carbs.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BEST PROTEIN MASS GAINER
    By kelley918 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
  2. Who uses mass gainers?
    By votum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
  3. The best mass gainer in terms of a non-methylated PH?
    By letmeregister in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
  4. Good Mass Gainer
    By HillbillyRock in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 01:57 PM
  5. Customizing Mass Gainer
    By cashiertan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in