mass gainer

em120690

Awards
i have a hard time getting all my carbs in for the day so i was thinking about subsituting mass gainer for my whey protein, my question though is mass gainer the same as whey and if not what is the difference.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
difference is that most mass gainers are just protein mixed with a cheap carb loader. you can do the same thing by buying 10lb tub of dextrose or maltodextrin for $20 and mixing that with protein.

there are some good gainers out there though. for example, N2 Bulk uses sweet potato as its carb loader. its expensive though

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.
no need to buy a carb gainer shake. just add raw oats.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
this. whole food is always best but if you really cant eat enough i recommend dymatize elite mass. awesome profile

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this. whole food is always best but if you really cant eat enough i recommend dymatize elite mass. awesome profile

i actually use that for a few months right when my bulk is first starting. i only use 1 scoop though, but add in my own nutrients as well to make it very high in cals, carbs, and protein.

michaelawlker

michaelawlker

Awards
i actually use that for a few months right when my bulk is first starting. i only use 1 scoop though, but add in my own nutrients as well to make it very high in cals, carbs, and protein.
These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
umm what

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
lol dafuq?

flamini

flamini

Awards
i have a hard time getting all my carbs in for the day so i was thinking about subsituting mass gainer for my whey protein, my question though is mass gainer the same as whey and if not what is the difference.

Your mass gainer may or may not have whey in it but it s not the same. Whey is protein. A mass gainer is usually a protein blend with a bunch ofeither creatine and/or simple carbs for quick weight and easy calories. If you can get your Cals in food your better off. If not Mass gainer may be beneficial. Whey will not have nearly as many calories (if you read the label you will see the differnce may be 7-800 clas) Whey is better , but if you need the cals then go for the gainer.

OR post workout 1-3 hours after your whey shake take the gainer.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why stop there? Add some fruit like frozen strawberries or bananas plus flax ( don't kill me) seeds plus peanut butter plus some milk plus 1 cup of oats or 2! All that together in a blender can get you 70 to 120 carbs.