Supplement recomendations sick of the contradicting statements!

jjagg0125

Awards
So I have been doing research but I keep getting varying information.

I am currently taking BPI pump-HD as a preworkout and taking 100% whey gold as a post workout. That is all the supplements I take. I try to eat lots of meat and fruits etc essentially I eat pretty clean. I'm looking into another standard whey protein as I have been having issues getting 200g protein through the day.
My question is there any other supplements I should/recommended that I take to gain muscle mass? I'm trying to stay relatively lean which is making it take a little longer but that's ok I suppose. Trying to stay natural with everything I take. Any good recommendations would be much appreciated

-justin

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
creatine monohydrate and beta alanine both have good real proven by science results, and are inexpensive.

jjagg0125

Awards
There's 2000mg in my pre workout. Should I take more you think? What does beta alinine do?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well, i'd say you should get 5g of creatine monohydrate, and 4-5g a day of beta alanine as well. And for best results, the beta alanine particularly needs to be daily, not just workout days.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
beta alanine is a carnosine precursor, theres good science behind its use. If you want I can link to some studies/articles on it

jjagg0125

Awards
Cool thanks I will up my creatine and try some beta alanine. Thanks! What do you think about mass gainers?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
they pretty much are a last resort rather than a game plan. You're far better off working on eating more calorie dense foods like salmon + peanut butter than adding weight gainers. a majority of them are basically loaded with sugar, which isn't great

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Cool thanks I will up my creatine and try some beta alanine. Thanks! What do you think about mass gainers?
Save your money, you're better off making your own mass gainer shake, that way you can control your macronutrients. Most are full of sugar and fillers.
Try making your own with a good quality protein, natural peanut butter or almond butter, oats, honey, and whole milk.
I concur both beta alanine and creatine are proven ingredients, and well worth taking.
Good luck

Peace

jjagg0125

Awards
Yea I have been staying away from them. Bananas with peanut butter and Atlantic salmon are regulars thought out the week ;). I gained 10 lbs in 3 months and actually leaned up which isn't bad just Would like it to come a little faster you know haha

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
nah, that's just being silly. if you can gain 3 clean pounds a month, in 9 more months that's 27lbs. What you'll add more of with weight gainers is more likely fat. Without using steroids, its hard to get above 2 lean pounds a month without adding fat

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Yea I have been staying away from them. Bananas with peanut butter and Atlantic salmon are regulars thought out the week ;). I gained 10 lbs in 3 months and actually leaned up which isn't bad just Would like it to come a little faster you know haha
Remember this is a lifestyle, not a race. Looking for fast or easy can get you injured or cost you money,
Keep eating and lifting get adequate rest (very important) and you will grow. One recommendation I would make is to keep an accurate lifting log.
It can make a dramatic difference in your training intensity and motivation. There are many good logs that you can download for your phone.
Good luck

Peace

jjagg0125

Awards
I didn't realize that sounds like I should be happy with 10 lbs then. Enough rest is a issue I have as I have to be up by 6am every morning I find I don't get as much sleep as I probably should. A lifting log is something I really need to start keeping I've just been doing it in my head thus far. I appreciate all of the feedback and recommendations I am getting. Lots of good information without a doubt!