Neck Pain

patesal1

Awards
I want to build up my traps but everything I try to go heavy on shrugs I get this sharp pop pain in the middle of my neck. Is there something I can do to try and help or maybe I should do an alternative workout for traps?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
do you deadlift? facepull? rack pull? rear delt work?

or do you rely on shrugs?

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
doing shrugs in a standing calf raise machine works best.....you dont have to hold onto the weight and can isolate your trap movment without risking neck issues....face pulls are also a great high rep movement for traps.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i NEVER do shrugs alone. unless im lifting very very heavy (1-3 reps), i will shrug at the top of my deadlift but thats it. many back workouts also hit traps. if they hurt you, avoid them you dont want an injury. i place a heat pad on my neck and back and night as well as get in the hot tub a few times a week and it helps my neck and back so much. totally worth the time.

David147

Awards
ATTN Neck Pain Sufferers: Dr. Jerry Kennedy reveals…

“The 3 Big Mistakes that are Making your Neck Pain Worse” And what you can do at home, on your own, to get out of pain.

So what were the 3 big mistakes made by most neck pain sufferers?
1. Relying Exclusively on your Doctor or Therapist
2. Using a Generic set of Neck Stretches/Exercises
3. Stretching Both Sides Equally

If you still reading this…
Neck Pain UnPlugged is for YOU! You are obviously looking for an answer to your neck pain without having to rely on dangerous drugs and expensive doctors visits and you finally found it.

You deserve to finally get out of pain. And I know you can do it.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Big fan of deadlifts for traps, too! Although they do make me a bit sore sometimes...

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Maybe check your posture? my therapist said that neck pain is 90% because of poor posture. A lot of people crane their head forward and that is really bad for the neck apparently. You want to have the head so the ears is above the shoulders.