how to burn fat and gain lean muscle at the same time

tony224

tony224

Awards
Hello guys
I want to discuss this little bit more and see your opinions, experiences, knowledge...
Right now I am trying to get ripped but what I am scared of is what if Im gonna lose some muscle in this period so I want to keep gaining lean muscle while I'm having a diet and doing cardio 5x a week..
my stats (using metric system)

185 cm
97kg
daily protein intake (from 150-200g)
daily carb intake ( 350-500)
fat (max 50 g)

image-2659431451.jpg

here is my photo

I welcome every comment, tip, anything that would help me to make progress.
Thanks

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
just a quick question, why post in metric?

ReedSkin

ReedSkin

Awards
You should be able to get shredded fairly easy with your body type, without losing muscle mass. Don't do so much long period cardio, try a more intense workout with 80% weight, maybe a 4s,8r. Do Sprints 6 days a week, 6 sprints a day, 30yards to 80yards, for 6 weeks (30,40,50,60,70,80). Others will give you tons of information also in the next little while, but trust me, you can do NUMEROUS things to get what you want, but look at a marathon runner, and go look at a olympic sprinter.

tony224

tony224

Awards
You should be able to get shredded fairly easy with your body type, without losing muscle mass. Don't do so much long period cardio, try a more intense workout with 80% weight, maybe a 4s,8r. Do Sprints 6 days a week, 6 sprints a day, 30yards to 80yards, for 6 weeks (30,40,50,60,70,80). Others will give you tons of information also in the next little while, but trust me, you can do NUMEROUS things to get what you want, but look at a marathon runner, and go look at a olympic sprinter.
yes youre right I get your point..and I will try this way or Im gonna combine what I know

tony224

tony224

Awards
thanks I get your point and Im gonna try it as you said..btw one more question..how much bf do you think I have? Your guess..cuz I dont dare to guess :D

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
cuz Im from Slovakia and we use the metric system..anyway its international so I hope you dont have a problem with that
lol, why would i?

David147

Awards
Do not diet ! This will usually make you fatter in the long run. If you cut your calories too low for a long period your body will lower its metabolism rate and you will find it difficult to loose weight. Don't overeat, and exercise more.

Eat in moderation. I recommend reading a book called The Zone by Barry Sears. It will perhaps give you some insight as to why people get fat & how our body burns food.

Choose high nutrition food and try to avoid an excess of food that is void of nutrition (so called empty calories). Also find a physical activity that you like and can stick to for life. If you hate your exercise program you will not likely keep it up. Write down your goals & how you plan to achieve them, and keep them realistic.

Keep in mind that it can't just be a wish to loose weight, it must be a concrete decision to do so.

Consult a doctor and make sure that you are making good choices with eating & that it is ok for you to do the exercise program that you choose. Get someone to coach you or get a workout partner to help you stay on track.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Do not diet ! This will usually make you fatter in the long run. If you cut your calories too low for a long period your body will lower its metabolism rate and you will find it difficult to loose weight. Don't overeat, and exercise more.

Eat in moderation. I recommend reading a book called The Zone by Barry Sears. It will perhaps give you some insight as to why people get fat & how our body burns food.

Choose high nutrition food and try to avoid an excess of food that is void of nutrition (so called empty calories). Also find a physical activity that you like and can stick to for life. If you hate your exercise program you will not likely keep it up. Write down your goals & how you plan to achieve them, and keep them realistic.

Keep in mind that it can't just be a wish to loose weight, it must be a concrete decision to do so.

Consult a doctor and make sure that you are making good choices with eating & that it is ok for you to do the exercise program that you choose. Get someone to coach you or get a workout partner to help you stay on track.
You do realize this thread is over 2 years old...

jwinak82

jwinak82

Awards
I was always in shape but never really ripped and around 8 years ago I started Brazilian Jiu jitsu. I'm not crazy ripped, but I have a 6 pack now. Boxing, kick boxing and grappling are great for leaning out, they take the monotony out of cardio. I can't stand running and biking.