Building arms

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
My biceps are totally different sizes the left looks huge compared to the right , same with my tri'sI hit a lot of pull ups and flat bar curls , I heard I need to go heavier on my right cause I'm right handed and its use to supporting more weight , or should I just change up the arm workout and try shock those muscles? Help me please I feel like I I look ill built now and its driving me crazy

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My biceps are totally different sizes the left looks huge compared to the right , same with my tri'sI hit a lot of pull ups and flat bar curls , I heard I need to go heavier on my right cause I'm right handed and its use to supporting more weight , or should I just change up the arm workout and try shock those muscles? Help me please I feel like I I look ill built now and its driving me crazy
Omg! I have the same issue! I looked in the mirror the other day and started freaking out! Like wth?!? I figured it was because my rotator was jacked up on my left shoulder and so I wasn't working it as hard. My friend told me to do more reps on my weak side and maybe a heavier weight. Also, stick to just dumbbells for a while.

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
I never noticed it either but I just started working on a half sleeve and when i actually like looked at my arms I was like wtf is goin on here , alright I'm guna try double reps & do heavier weight on that arms , thanx

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just work on getting bigger and it will become less of a problem.

mbq

mbq

Awards
Disproportions in the size of the left and right biceps point to the lack of focusing efforts on the lesser size biceps.

But there may be other reasons of muscle imbalances:
1. Scoliosis of the spine
2. Pathology of the muscle-skeletal system
3. Training muscle only on one side
4. Genetic predisposition

The key to the solution is to train the lesser size biceps and do not train the dominant biceps until their size is aligned.

I do not know another solution yet; maybe it does exist, but I have not seen it in practice.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Start doing one arm dumbbells over the preacher bench. Lift heavier on the weak side and throw in a extra set, do this for a wile and see what happens. My arms use to be a 1/2" different, I have them down to 1/4" diff now.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
thats pretty normal....one bicep can be flatter and the other more peaked...usually the difference in the overall arm measurement may not be that dramatic between the right and the left, its more of a visual thing. Train the inner head of the flatter bicep more aggressively, after a fedw months you will begin to see them even out.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Just do some more one arm work and Start with the weaker arm, match reps on the other arm.

David147

Awards
Your doing the right thing pushups burn alot of fat and make more muscle... Just go at a slow pace for now. Just set your mind to it anything is possible. Oh may i suggest lifting weights start out small. good luck to you.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone, everyone, has an asymmetry issue. One of the best ways I was able to help my clients who were really worried about the imbalance was have them train the "weaker" side first to failure, then the opposite side to the same number of reps, even if it's not to failure. It will help bring up the lagging muscle but also ensure you don't lose any size or strength on the other side.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Everyone, everyone, has an asymmetry issue. One of the best ways I was able to help my clients who were really worried about the imbalance was have them train the "weaker" side first to failure, then the opposite side to the same number of reps, even if it's not to failure. It will help bring up the lagging muscle but also ensure you don't lose any size or strength on the other side.
My PT is a big fan of unilateral exercise, basically one side at a time. So is working the weak side first better because there is less fatigue to deal with?
I also seen guys doing one arm barbell curls, they told me its a quick way to check for any imbalance in the arm by doing a few controlled reps this way.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^i agree that everyone has a muscular imbalance of some sort. No body is perfectly proportional. I have disproportionate calves. The
right one looks like a football player's calf and the left looks like the "skips leg day" guy! Lol. Nort to mention one ear is bigger than the other...fml. Lol. Good tips in here. I've done a lot of unilateral training on the weaker leg, just have to try harder I guess.

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
Mines strange, I have a single large vein on my much larger right bicep and two veins on my smaller left bicep, is that normal?

dawilk59

dawilk59

Awards
^^This guy.

Exactly what I did and it worked great man