Getting bigger

Tanner h

Awards
I have been small my whole life and I'm really starting to get serious about getting bigger.. I have been lifting for a month and my bench started at 135 and now I'm doing that 10 times but I really haven't gotten that much bigger. I'm doing a pre workout and whey protein after but what would be some good workouts to bulk up?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been small my whole life and I'm really starting to get serious about getting bigger.. I have been lifting for a month and my bench started at 135 and now I'm doing that 10 times but I really haven't gotten that much bigger. I'm doing a pre workout and whey protein after but what would be some good workouts to bulk up?
What does your diet look like? Thats the main thing needing to be addressed.

Tanner h

Awards
I eat a lot and of anything really I don't monitor my diet to much.. I'm 6'1 150

ayoitstommy

ayoitstommy

Awards
3500 calories a day high protein of course , heavy weight & low reps look up bill stars 5x5 training , muscle control focus on the muscles your hittin that day and make sure u get that squeeze

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
It takes a lifestyle change. Learn about doing a bulk diet. Figure out you caloric maintenance level. Then make sure you add 250-500 calories to that. Eat clean natural foods. If you don't gain, keep adding every couple weeks. Train hard and sleep well. And be patient. Something easier said than done.

I'm in your same boat and trying to bulk. Good luck

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
without knowing stats no one can say how many calories. gaining fat is not the ideal way to gain weight

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
without knowing stats no one can say how many calories. gaining fat is not the ideal way to gain weight
I agree!! That's why finding his caloric maint level is so important.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You've only been lifting for a month. It takes time to get bigger. Research a good lifting program and get your diet in check and gains will come. And make sure you get 8-10 hours of sleep a night.

StraightLBS

StraightLBS

Awards
Go read the mass training tactics by hugo rivera in the news section. He gives some good advice about nutrition.