Loading phase?

GetSwole95

Awards
Ive been on purple k creatine for about 3 weeks now and have not seen many results so i decided to hope on to my ON micronized creatine.
I was wondering if anyone knows if i should still do a loading phase even though i was on kre alkalyn before?

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
What creatine is in Purple K?

My guess, probably not, your probably saturated by now unless it's purely something like COP.

GetSwole95

Awards
1500 mg of kre-alkalyn per 2 capsules

Its just buffered creatine monohydrate.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
If you took 3-5 grams per day your fine. I wouldn't load, unless you really want to for some reason.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Loading creatine imo is not necessary. You will do just fine at taking 5g a day as that is what is basically needed to keep intracellular stores filled.

"Studies" show there isn't any time better than another to take creatine, but I would have to disagree. Albeit I'm not in a lab doing any type of testing but, I have been in the field for many years and taking 5g post workout would be the most ideal time to supplement with your creatine mono of choice.

Insulin (a shuttling hormone) is going to be very high post workout, thus leading to a greater ability to uptake creatine intracellularly. This is that holy grail post workout window of 15-30min where you can really drive nutrients hard into the cell. If taking your carbohydrate powders and protein powders and so on all fit perfectly here...why wouldn't something else we want inside the muscle not make sense being taken at this time (i.e creatine)

On days that I don't train, I take 3-5g creatine mono with my first meal.

I would also suggest looking into supplementing with beta-alanine (if you aren't already) right alongside your creatine timing. Adding beta-alanine to the mix may also aid in the uptake of one another!

Beta-alanine combines with histidine to be uptaken into the muscle and form carnosine. Supplementation of beta-alanine has basically been proven to delay muscular fatigue thus leading to more reps and more time under tension!

Killer combo