Need advice on bulking

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i wasnt claiming it does. but there is an increase in those. and when i do deads and squats heavy with great form, i see alot of my other lifts increase over time as well vs not doing deads/squats
    Then why even bother to mention the inconsequential hormone aspect? That's a CNS issue and not a hormonal issue.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Then why even bother to mention the inconsequential hormone aspect? That's a CNS issue and not a hormonal issue.
    i understand what you are saying, just thought id make the OP aware. This may sound dumb, but for me, if I know these movements increase HGH, test, I will want to do them more/heavier, even though studies have shown the increase in strength is minimal for other parts of the body/other lifts when combined with squats
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i understand what you are saying, just thought id make the OP aware. This may sound dumb, but for me, if I know these movements increase HGH, test, I will want to do them more/heavier, even though studies have shown the increase in strength is minimal for other parts of the body/other lifts when combined with squats
    They will increase them for a short time in the acute sense and this increase also tapers. Most of the increases are only seen for a short time as the body does adapt to the stimulus.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    They will increase them for a short time in the acute sense and this increase also tapers. Most of the increases are only seen for a short time as the body does adapt to the stimulus.
    have you seen any studies on people doing 5x5 and the increase in hormones? all the studies i have found arent that great but all do point to the fact that the increase has a minimal effect. also, those who incorporate DL/Squats weekly are probably more dedicated in the gym and willing to work hard for gains. In my experiences, (unless somebody has knee issues/back issues...etc) people dont do these because they are taxing on the body and just skip them. I have also found that those lifts increase my appetite.

5. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    have you seen any studies on people doing 5x5 and the increase in hormones? all the studies i have found arent that great but all do point to the fact that the increase has a minimal effect. also, those who incorporate DL/Squats weekly are probably more dedicated in the gym and willing to work hard for gains. In my experiences, (unless somebody has knee issues/back issues...etc) people dont do these because they are taxing on the body and just skip them. I have also found that those lifts increase my appetite.
    Well, you're looking at a multitude of issues with this. The protocols used in the studies looking at acute rises tend to not be very long and the training is typically not fantastic and many times use untrained individuals. With something linear like 5x5, the rises seen will top out as the stimulus itself will flatten out due to a lack of real progression schemes within 5x5. The hunger increase is something that comes from the increase in nutrient repartitioning since they do activate nearly the entire body and is more taxing compared to a isolation lift. Regarding the dedication issue, that is always the X-factor and is something that cannot be quantitatively measured.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Well, you're looking at a multitude of issues with this. The protocols used in the studies looking at acute rises tend to not be very long and the training is typically not fantastic and many times use untrained individuals. With something linear like 5x5, the rises seen will top out as the stimulus itself will flatten out due to a lack of real progression schemes within 5x5. The hunger increase is something that comes from the increase in nutrient repartitioning since they do activate nearly the entire body and is more taxing compared to a isolation lift. Regarding the dedication issue, that is always the X-factor and is something that cannot be quantitatively measured.
    yeah this was just a personal opinion.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need advice on my bulk diet Please.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 01:45 AM
  2. Need advice on bulking cycle
    By GreatOne19 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 09:37 PM