Seem to be stalling

kratosfreak

Awards
Ok, save bench, the rest of my lifts are going great, I.e. moving up in weight on them and still keeping good form. Now bench seems to be eluding me, so much to the point that today I dropped weight, by 10lbs, just to get good sets. I need help as far as what to do and if dropping weight is a good thing. It seems to me like dropping weight In order to get a good workout is fine, however I could be wrong. Please and thank you for your time! :)

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Ok, save bench, the rest of my lifts are going great, I.e. moving up in weight on them and still keeping good form. Now bench seems to be eluding me, so much to the point that today I dropped weight, by 10lbs, just to get good sets. I need help as far as what to do and if dropping weight is a good thing. It seems to me like dropping weight In order to get a good workout is fine, however I could be wrong. Please and thank you for your time! :)
Post your routine, as well as time between sets that your resting. Could be some variables...Mood? are you really into it..Focused? Another tool to use, a good playlist on a mp3 player etc. Food? What are you eating prior to your wo?

kratosfreak

Awards
Well, Monday is my strength day, so I go higher weight, lower reps, obviously. I start off with squat, then, bench, military press, pulldowns, then dip machine. I am doing a plan where I up my reps every week for three weeks, then on the fourth week I up the weight I'm doing by 10lbs. The. I start over again, so an example would be, 4 sets if 4 on every lift at one weight then, the next week do 4 sets of 5 of the same weight, then third week do 4 sets of 6 same weight, then I up the weight and drop my reps back down to 4 sets of 4. I am usually resting between 3-4 mins between each set, as far as per-workout nutrition goes, I'm usually loading about 50 carbs, 40 grams protein, and 10 grams fat before hand. Carbs are complex and fats are healthy. Just seem to be stalling on bench in particular, not sure why.

kratosfreak

Awards
As far as mood goes, it's great, I love the gym and use it to relieve the stress of the day. I do, however, need better music. Lol. The stuff I have is getting old.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Well, Monday is my strength day, so I go higher weight, lower reps, obviously. I start off with squat, then, bench, military press, pulldowns, then dip machine. I am doing a plan where I up my reps every week for three weeks, then on the fourth week I up the weight I'm doing by 10lbs. The. I start over again, so an example would be, 4 sets if 4 on every lift at one weight then, the next week do 4 sets of 5 of the same weight, then third week do 4 sets of 6 same weight, then I up the weight and drop my reps back down to 4 sets of 4. I am usually resting between 3-4 mins between each set, as far as per-workout nutrition goes, I'm usually loading about 50 carbs, 40 grams protein, and 10 grams fat before hand. Carbs are complex and fats are healthy. Just seem to be stalling on bench in particular, not sure why.
If your main concern is your bench, then bench first while energy levels will be higher. It also looks like you may need to look into a program a bit more structured.
Eric Broser PRRS
Layne Nortons PHAT
Read up on a lot of articles off here on AM as well as Westide Barbell etc

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Do you always do BB bench and never DB? If so, try using DB's every other workout. Use varying rep schemes at each chest workout - 4-6 one week, 7-9 the next, 10-12 the next, then drop back to 4-6 and try to go heavier than the previous time at that rep range. Focus on improving your dip strength and your CG bench press. There are tons of ways to try and approach this problem. Best of luck!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Do you always do BB bench and never DB? If so, try using DB's every other workout. Use varying rep schemes at each chest workout - 4-6 one week, 7-9 the next, 10-12 the next, then drop back to 4-6 and try to go heavier than the previous time at that rep range. Focus on improving your dip strength and your CG bench press. There are tons of ways to try and approach this problem. Best of luck!
Here ya go kratosfreak....One of the best out there responding to your questions!!