Just looking for some input on my arms workout!

abovehuman24

abovehuman24

Awards
Just gonna give a log of my workout today with some stats to see if I am around the right weight for my size.

Currently 176lbs, 15" arms and wanting to get to around 16 1/2" or 17"

Warm-up: DB Curls 15lbsx20x2sets superset with double arm kickbacks 15lbsx20x2

Superset 1 - BB Curls - 55lbsx12, 60lbsx10, 65lbsx8, 75lbsx10
Skull Crushers - 75lbsx12, 80x10, 95x8, 85x10

Superset 2 - Incline Curl - 20lbsx12, 25x10, 30x8x2
DB Overhead Ext - 50x12, 60x10, 70x8x2

Superset 3 to failure - Cable Rope Curl (flaring out at peak) - 20x16, 30x12
Pulldowns - 60x16, 70x12

The whole workout took about 45mins, normally rest around a minute but just pressed on using instinctive timing since I forgot my watch.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Right now I am sitting at 198 from 206 in the summer cuz I been trying to lean up a bit, arms are 18.5-18.3/4!!! You know how I gained over an inch on my arms, I did arms 3 times a week for 6 weeks, I did this twice over the last 2 years! Monday is heavy day, super heavy... Wen go 10-12 reps and Friday go light with 20 reps. Eat good and take your supps, like a test booster and creatine. Right now I do one arm preacher curls with 80lbs dumbbells!!! 2 years ago I could not dream of doing something like that! Everything else takes a back seat when you do this, but man was it worth it, another year or 2 my goal is to have 19+ and be a solid 200lbs at around 8% bf

abovehuman24

abovehuman24

Awards
Right now I am sitting at 198 from 206 in the summer cuz I been trying to lean up a bit, arms are 18.5-18.3/4!!! You know how I gained over an inch on my arms, I did arms 3 times a week for 6 weeks, I did this twice over the last 2 years! Monday is heavy day, super heavy... Wen go 10-12 reps and Friday go light with 20 reps. Eat good and take your supps, like a test booster and creatine. Right now I do one arm preacher curls with 80lbs dumbbells!!! 2 years ago I could not dream of doing something like that! Everything else takes a back seat when you do this, but man was it worth it, another year or 2 my goal is to have 19+ and be a solid 200lbs at around 8% bf
Dude that's awesome! I may have to try that out, you happen to remember the program? If you do and have the time, could you send it to me in a message? Thanks for the input bro!

mazzaiii

Awards
Mine have never been a strong point for me but they are almost 19". I hit chest triceps on Mondays, back biceps on Tuesdays then on Friday I would do arms on Friday. Get a nice pump all week.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Do you have a partner? You gonna need one on Mondays... what I was doing was 3-4 reps of negitive striaght bar curls, need a friend to help cur the bar up, but control the wieght back down for 4 sets, I then would do machine curls super heavy 3 sets, preacher curls super heavy!

Then do close grip bech, same way 4 sets doing negitives, over head tri dumbell press 3 sets real heavy, pick one and same, go heavy and use a buddy to help do negitives and control the wieght!

Wen... pick 3 different exersizes for biceps 3-4 sets , like sitting bumbell preacher curls, doing reps in the 10-12 range, hammer curls, ect. At the end of the last set for each exersize do a drop set!!!
pick 3 triceps, same reps in the 10-12 with a drop set!!!

Fri... Try and do 3 different things for each again, like using cables, ect. and do reps in the 20 range just get your pump going! This is not easy to do man, you will be hurting on friday LOL

On tuesday I would do chest and back and keep it kinda heavy and short, thursday I would do shoulders and a little legs. Nethier of those days I would push my self because you will get to tired for the next arm day. Good luck man, let me know how it goes after a few weeks or if you need some tips on anything for the workout. Keep your protien high, eat oatmeal and eggs in the morning, and eat 6 times a day... get on a good natty test stack. You will be suprized, you might gain an inch in these 6 weeks!!! I did, the second time I only gained 3/4 and kept a 1/2 but my arms look sick, way more cut too!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where are the chins, close grip bench, dips, JM presses? Those will create far more overload on the muscle than doing nothing but isolation movements.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Close grip is on monday, I said that... JM is good for Wens too... I didnt get into detail about what lifts he should do, just the basics on how to go about it. Dips are good for Wens and fri, not good for monday because its tuff to really overload the wieght on your wast for dips. For me it is anyway, my triceps are to strong for that. I can get more into what what lifts if needed... This worked wonders for me, I was stuck at 17" for 2 years and this got me to 18.5 solid, but this also took 2 rounds of this! The first time I did it, I was sitting at 18 and the second round got me to 18.5 on my right and 18.75 on the left, both have come down a tad ( normal a little time after you finish) but the results are more then just size!!! The shape is way better!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Close grip is on monday, I said that... JM is good for Wens too... I didnt get into detail about what lifts he should do, just the basics on how to go about it. Dips are good for Wens and fri, not good for monday because its tuff to really overload the wieght on your wast for dips. For me it is anyway, my triceps are to strong for that. I can get more into what what lifts if needed... This worked wonders for me, I was stuck at 17" for 2 years and this got me to 18.5 solid, but this also took 2 rounds of this! The first time I did it, I was sitting at 18 and the second round got me to 18.5 on my right and 18.75 on the left, both have come down a tad ( normal a little time after you finish) but the results are more then just size!!! The shape is way better!!!
I was directing my comment at the OP.

abovehuman24

abovehuman24

Awards
Chins are on back day, close grip I alternate in sometimes when I need an extra boost to kill my arms and I am not sure what JM presses are, dips are usually a final burnout set but alternate from bars to bench each week but I also do chest dips on chest day

abovehuman24

abovehuman24

Awards
Looked up JM presses and that looks like it could do some damage, I will have to try implementing that it soon

SlyCamaro

Awards
Ya JM presses are good, but I dont recomend going to heavy with them. It will take you a bit to get use to them, I would actually start with them on friday, do light wieght and high reps, after a few weeks work it on wensday. If you plan on doing this workout let me know how you progress, my buddy did this and had good results also.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chins are on back day, close grip I alternate in sometimes when I need an extra boost to kill my arms and I am not sure what JM presses are, dips are usually a final burnout set but alternate from bars to bench each week but I also do chest dips on chest day
Do not do bench dips. The angle leads to impingements of the joint and takes out much of the benefits of the movement. Make them a greater priority in your training as few movements lead to greater overload of the chest, delts, and triceps while involving the upper back and core as well.

Ya JM presses are good, but I dont recomend going to heavy with them. It will take you a bit to get use to them, I would actually start with them on friday, do light wieght and high reps, after a few weeks work it on wensday. If you plan on doing this workout let me know how you progress, my buddy did this and had good results also.
JM presses are designed for low reps and high weight. JM Blakely was an amazing raw bencher and he credits this movement, which he innovated, to a large chunk of his success. I agree that the movement itself will take some time to learn, but, once this is done, the lifter should seek to break PRs frequently.

abovehuman24

abovehuman24

Awards
Absolutely man, will let ya know

abovehuman24

abovehuman24

Awards
Where are the chins, close grip bench, dips, JM presses? Those will create far more overload on the muscle than doing nothing but isolation movements.
Ok so I tweaked today's arm workout to include these exercises and I have to admit I destroyed my arms with these particular exercises. The workout went as follows:

Superset 1:
Close-grip presses: 95lbsx20, 115x15, 135x12, 155x8
Chin-ups: BWx12, 12, 9, 8

Superset 2:
JM Press: 65x12, 75x10, 75x10
BB curls: 65x12, 75x10, 75x8

Superset 3:
Dips: BWx15, 15, 15
Concentration curls: 20x12, 20x10, 20x10

By the end of each set my arms seemed to burn bad! I left the gym with a solid 1" pump and felt like superman although I was dead tired! I do have to admit JM presses are now added to my list of absolute favorite exercises! Thanks a lot for the recommendation man!

mazzaiii

Awards
I would preexhaust triceps before jumping into arms. I love throwing close grip and dips In. Weight dips are a killer