Looking for something new.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Hi all. I am new here and looking for some help.. I will start by saying I am pretty active in the gym (about a year now) and I am 5 "8, 145 pounds.. Last winter I trained and then a 6 wk body fat (semi cut program) and got to 13.4 % bf.. I was happy with the way I looked but this year I want to gain some size.. I know about bulking and cutting and try to gain mass slowly.. I guess I'm don't know where to turn, training and nutrition. Here is what I have been doing most of fall and late summer.. Nutrition is pretty clean, a few cheat meals a week but prolly 2000-250000 calls a day. When I track protein I hit about 165-190 .. My training is 4 or 5 days a week... Chest day, back, Lats day, shoulders, legs and maybe a bi and Tru day.. Hardly any cardio right now.. Looking for something to mix up and wondering what weight I should shoot for? Any help would be appreciated...

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Look into 5/3/1 or 5x5. I am assuming that you are relatively new to "organized" lifting. If that is so I would do 5x5 till the gains go away and than run 5/3/1 for atleast 6 months

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
You are probably right about "organized lifting" I do not chart anything and no real telling if I am improving weights for the most part? I read a little about the 5-3-1 and it was Definately hardcore for me but I think I'm In need of something similar? I haven't read about 5-5? I think I need to start charting for sure?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
You are probably right about "organized lifting" I do not chart anything and no real telling if I am improving weights for the most part? I read a little about the 5-3-1 and it was Definately hardcore for me but I think I'm In need of something similar? I haven't read about 5-5? I think I need to start charting for sure?
I strongly recondmend charting and using a proven program. Chances are whatever you came up with by yourself is on a way lower tier and the only reason you do not see it because you have not done any better

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
i have been using power rep range shock for a couple of years now and have had amazing growth. should check it out !