Chest wont grow!! Help!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Chest wont grow!! Help!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

As an alternative to lifting heavy on the bench press (barbell) try implementing time under tension tenchniques (with moderate weight) to encourage growth.

Do 8 reps in each set (4). Do a 4 second negative on every rep and 1 second up (40 seconds per set). Also, you are only allowed a 40 second break betweens sets
    To make this exersise harder, on the negative, squeese your hands together like you are trying to do a fly (without moving your hands). This will create more tension. I guarantee you will feel this the next day.

You can do the same thing on dumbells. Instead of squeezing inwards you go outwards. For example most people do a db press where at the top of the movement the DB is directly above their shoulder joint-which takes most of the tension and weight-you could technicly hold this position for a long time. So instead move the dumbells outwards 1-2 inches to form a W shape with your arms. This should be the new finishing point! This is much harder and removes a lot of tension from your shoulder joint and puts it in your chest. In addition it keeps the tension in your chest for the whole exersise. Combined with a 4010 tempo this will also make you really sore.

Expect the weight your currently pushing to initally drop while doing this. i dropped nearly 1/3 when i first did it but was twice as sore. If you are bulking, on last set of each exersise, do a quadrouple drop set for 4-5 reps. This is hell. Get ready for growth.

I hope that made sense.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.

I laid out my background so that everyone knows who i am and where im coming from. Thats not attitude dude.
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kdeome
    I laid out my background so that everyone knows who i am and where im coming from. Thats not attitude dude.
    You've had the attitude since your first post. No one cares about your background.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.

Im sorry that my meanie weanie post made you so butt hurt. Do you expect a ****ing formal apology dude? Im an ******* as we have established. Can we move on, are you capable of getting over it? Lets sit back and see. You can get the last word in here boss- go for it. Hell, neg me and send a PM telling me how upset you are if you want. Clearly we cant be internet friends and i need you to give me a good learning.
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im sorry that my meanie weanie post made you so butt hurt. Do you expect a ****ing formal apology dude? Im an ******* as we have established. Can we move on, are you capable of getting over it? Lets sit back and see. You can get the last word in here boss- go for it. Hell, neg me and send a PM telling me how upset you are if you want. Clearly we cant be internet friends and i need you to give me a good learning.
    Lol you're going to fit in perfectly here, along with a lot of the other banned members. You need to relax, obviously common courtesy and respect are things that you never learned growing up.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

TUT and mind muscle connection, keep it heavy but to the point to where u can control it...feel that tension in ur chest and ur chest will grow!!...just try that for a while to see if it works, it should def give u sum gains, and use dumbels cause u can target ur chest better this way...but yea, seems like lotta people on here try n override any actual advice given so listen if u want bro, if not then good luck.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    As an alternative to lifting heavy on the bench press (barbell) try implementing time under tension tenchniques (with moderate weight) to encourage growth.

Do 8 reps in each set (4). Do a 4 second negative on every rep and 1 second up (40 seconds per set). Also, you are only allowed a 40 second break betweens sets
    To make this exersise harder, on the negative, squeese your hands together like you are trying to do a fly (without moving your hands). This will create more tension. I guarantee you will feel this the next day.

You can do the same thing on dumbells. Instead of squeezing inwards you go outwards. For example most people do a db press where at the top of the movement the DB is directly above their shoulder joint-which takes most of the tension and weight-you could technicly hold this position for a long time. So instead move the dumbells outwards 1-2 inches to form a W shape with your arms. This should be the new finishing point! This is much harder and removes a lot of tension from your shoulder joint and puts it in your chest. In addition it keeps the tension in your chest for the whole exersise. Combined with a 4010 tempo this will also make you really sore.

Expect the weight your currently pushing to initally drop while doing this. i dropped nearly 1/3 when i first did it but was twice as sore. If you are bulking, on last set of each exersise, do a quadrouple drop set for 4-5 reps. This is hell. Get ready for growth.

I hope that made sense.
    Do this
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

6'1" 170lbs and only hitting max 50lbs dumbbells? Lol weak dude. Im 5'10" and even during my cut 157lbs im repping out 80lbs dumbbells... . Try putting up some real weights and you'll grow.
    Haha always one of these guys that leak over from other forums. I went up in db and bb bench since my bench form is re-evaluated for future reference. Either way kdeome your 5'10 and 157 is NOTHING to be bragging up brah, your pathetic. Also I've only been training 8 months going from 142-171 at less then 7-8% bf TODAY. If you have any REAL training under your belt then you've wasted you time because if thats all you've gain then you have serious issues with your own routine or diet you need to wrk on, before you go about trying to smash on me for a weight I was at, many chest days ago.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

Dam didnt know this was a 4 page thread when I posted that last comment. Thanks for all the advice brahs, half of this thread I was loling at but good information in here.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  166 lbs.

Oh man. This thread was on fire!!! Haha.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes I love doing long negatives. It has helped me so much on my chest too. I'll do 1 second poss and 2-3 second negative and a longer negative on the last rep. Really gives you a huge burn and tear
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

It's not how much weight you move, it's how you move it.

"Victory is Reserved for those willing to pay its price"

~Unknown~
    Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest wont grow no matter what i do!!!
    By Madooo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 12:36 AM
  2. Tall+Chest exercises = need help
    By Reverin in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
  4. Chest Pain please help
    By SrT4u2Nv in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6