Should I bulk?

Aggie2012

Awards
I need some help about bulking. I've been doing a bulking diet, and bulk up workout. Rep ranges around 4-6 for 4 weeks, then 6-8 for another 4, then 8-10 for another 4. I've been bulking for about 2 weeks, I have 2 weeks left of the 4-6 rep cycle. I've gained strength quite well but I also have been getting bigger around my midsection. I plan to do a contest (my first) in april. I've never had fully ripped abs but I've been lean enough before where you can see the lines and bumps for abs and definition in my muscles. Main question is should I continue to bulk, or cut down?

anthony8

anthony8

Awards
About how much do you weigh? What's a target weight you would like to reach. I'm currently in a bulk right now trying to get to 160...I want to be full before my cut this time around. If you do start to see more size around your midsection then I suggest breaking down your diet to find out the problem.

uvawahoowa

Awards
I need some help about bulking. I've been doing a bulking diet, and bulk up workout. Rep ranges around 4-6 for 4 weeks, then 6-8 for another 4, then 8-10 for another 4. I've been bulking for about 2 weeks, I have 2 weeks left of the 4-6 rep cycle. I've gained strength quite well but I also have been getting bigger around my midsection. I plan to do a contest (my first) in april. I've never had fully ripped abs but I've been lean enough before where you can see the lines and bumps for abs and definition in my muscles. Main question is should I continue to bulk, or cut down?
If this would be your first contest I would leave at least 12 weeks to cut plus 2-4 weeks to transition into your cut. Bulking would likely be fine until then but don't go crazy, you'll have to drop whatever bodyfat you put on and then some

Aggie2012

Awards
I weigh 190lbs right I would Like to reach 195/200. My goal weight for the cut is 175/ 180. And my transitioning I never thought of that ill prolly do that in december.