Average bench press
- 11-03-2014, 03:21 PM
- 11-03-2014, 03:32 PM
11-03-2014, 03:48 PM
I do better with chalk past 275lbs on deadlifts anyways. Dang knee wraps screw my lift up too.
I dunno, I'm a pretty average bodybuilder when it comes to strength and I got up to 320lbs of bench press at 170ish lbs. My squat got well over 400 lbs and my DL saw 415lbs. I've regularly seen guys around here (in the PL'ing circles) put up 330lbs on BP weighing less than 170lbs.
Those numbers put me at 1140ish @ 170 with only 4 months of 5/3/1 and TRT. No supraphysiological levels of androgens although I did use GHRP's from time to time.
A bit of Tren and SD at the end and I bet I could've popped 1225lbs in total at around the same weight, maybe 175lbs. That's X7 on the lifts. X8 is dang good, I agree. But I feel like for us smaller guys, X6.5 should be expected if u call urself a PL'er and really X7 seems competitive. Other parts of the country may have different levels of competitiveness. We know this is possible, just look at college football!
11-03-2014, 05:04 PM
"Strong" is the blurriest word in the lifting world. It's hard to come to an agreement because it seems each person's definition is different. I will say that a lot of people who think they have competition legal PRs in the gym are sadly mistaken and a collection of lifetime PRs in the gym taken at different times is going to be extremely inflated over posting a three lift total on nine attempts in one day.
11-03-2014, 07:56 PM
01-04-2015, 10:13 AM
01-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 52Last Post: 09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
- By Swanson52 in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 02-09-2013, 01:13 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 24Last Post: 06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
- By bigrich954rr in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 06-03-2004, 03:04 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:03 PM