Average bench press

Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

1. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    At 198 its actually well above elite (elite total is 1471).
    Elite is fed dependent, but your point is still valid.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Elite is fed dependent, but your point is still valid.
    I think the 1471 is APF, but I pulled the number from a chart on PLwatch and it didn't say which feds it was for.

Either way, it's the only fed I'm aware of that allows only a belt and wrist wraps....
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

w/o wraps or sleeves? I'm guessing it would be a little bit more than competitive at a national level....
    No wraps, no sleeves. Just chalk I guess.

I do better with chalk past 275lbs on deadlifts anyways. Dang knee wraps screw my lift up too.

I dunno, I'm a pretty average bodybuilder when it comes to strength and I got up to 320lbs of bench press at 170ish lbs. My squat got well over 400 lbs and my DL saw 415lbs. I've regularly seen guys around here (in the PL'ing circles) put up 330lbs on BP weighing less than 170lbs.

Those numbers put me at 1140ish @ 170 with only 4 months of 5/3/1 and TRT. No supraphysiological levels of androgens although I did use GHRP's from time to time.

A bit of Tren and SD at the end and I bet I could've popped 1225lbs in total at around the same weight, maybe 175lbs. That's X7 on the lifts. X8 is dang good, I agree. But I feel like for us smaller guys, X6.5 should be expected if u call urself a PL'er and really X7 seems competitive. Other parts of the country may have different levels of competitiveness. We know this is possible, just look at college football!

4. "Strong" is the blurriest word in the lifting world. It's hard to come to an agreement because it seems each person's definition is different. I will say that a lot of people who think they have competition legal PRs in the gym are sadly mistaken and a collection of lifetime PRs in the gym taken at different times is going to be extremely inflated over posting a three lift total on nine attempts in one day.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    "Strong" is the blurriest word in the lifting world. It's hard to come to an agreement because it seems each person's definition is different. I will say that a lot of people who think they have competition legal PRs in the gym are sadly mistaken and a collection of lifetime PRs in the gym taken at different times is going to be extremely inflated over posting a three lift total on nine attempts in one day.
    DOT!

6. Quote Originally Posted by tcombs911 View Post
    I'm pretty new to this site, and was wondering what would be the average bench press for my weight. I weigh 133 and my height is 5' 6"ish, I've been in the gym for about 2 years now. My BP max-225..DL max-325 I don't squat because I got a bad back.
    When I weighed around 130, I maxed my bench at 225, squat at 265 and deadlift at 405. You're on the right track dude, we're pretty much the same height. I don't weigh 130 anymore though, and those numbers have changed quite a bit. I'm still 5'5" though. I know what you're feeling!

7. Quote Originally Posted by ButtHurt View Post
    Who gives a **** get swole and don't be such a bitch
    good one buddy....

Similar Forum Threads

1. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
  2. Bench Press Help
    By Swanson52 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 02:13 AM
  3. Is there anyone who doesn't flat bench press at all?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:45 PM
  4. rev bench press is this any good
    By bigrich954rr in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 04:04 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 01:03 PM