Average bench press

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by spendingdinar View Post
    if you can do you bodyweight + your doing dam good
    ill give respect to bodyweight + a little extra if they go for reps. but 1rm bodyweight for most people is weak sauce. not including those 300-400lb fat fuks


  2. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    ill give respect to bodyweight + a little extra if they go for reps. but 1rm bodyweight for most people is weak sauce. not including those 300-400lb fat fuks
    I agree. If you have been in the gym 6+ months consistently, bodyweight should be easily accomplished.
    •   
       


  3. Well I'm 5'4", 132lbs and have a 1 rep max of 275lbs. I was where you were at with 225 for awhile...then I switched to an 8,6,4,2 routine and it shot up.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by tbird575 View Post
    Well I'm 5'4", 132lbs and have a 1 rep max of 275lbs. I was where you were at with 225 for awhile...then I switched to an 8,6,4,2 routine and it shot up.
    Thats a good number man. Unfortunately, as you increase in mass, the strength gains give diminishing returns. I think the best PL'ers are in the 160-180lb range and sub 10% BF.

    I've seen a 165lb'er squat 500lbs relatively easy and DL'ed 600+. Just amazing..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Thats a good number man. Unfortunately, as you increase in mass, the strength gains give diminishing returns. I think the best PL'ers are in the 160-180lb range and sub 10% BF. I've seen a 165lb'er squat 500lbs relatively easy and DL'ed 600+. Just amazing..
    So much wrong here.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Thats a good number man. Unfortunately, as you increase in mass, the strength gains give diminishing returns. I think the best PL'ers are in the 160-180lb range and sub 10% BF. I've seen a 165lb'er squat 500lbs relatively easy and DL'ed 600+. Just amazing..
    No professional 165lb'r will total what a professional 308 totals.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    No professional 165lb'r will total what a professional 308 totals.
    No crap. Didnt say that at all. Diminishing RETURNS. Talking about a decreasing rate of increase. Wish I was able to show u a graph to help u grasp what I'm saying. I'm talking lb for lb thats the best weight class IN GENERAL. I've seen lots of fellas in that weight range that can collectively lift 1500 between the big three. 308 class doesnt have the best ratio of weight to strength, therefore my statement of diminishing RETURNS. A return by mathematical definition is a positive number, as in an increase in total weight lifted. Typically once u get past a certain weight class, the efficiency dwindles.

    This is common in everything in life, not just weight lifting sir.

  8. I'll take that.

    What I posted wasnt meant to be so blatantly obvious. It sounded different in my head at the time lol
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'll take that.

    What I posted wasnt meant to be so blatantly obvious. It sounded different in my head at the time lol
    Yeah I know. Its hard to communicate with text only.

    I'm not gonna pick a fight with Rodja on this either. We'll just have to disagree.

  10. The best classes are 198-242 both raw and geared. There will be some exceptions to this (e.g. Schwab), but those are always the most competitive and best ratios.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Ya I noticed a lot of crazy numbers in the 198-220 weight classes.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya I noticed a lot of crazy numbers in the 198-220 weight classes.
    Guy I know out of state (213lbs) just pressed 490 without an arch, suit or belt.....straight bb style.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  13. I guess thats why I have been impressed with the smaller weight classes though. Saw 150lb'er press 330. Aint bad.

    An old powerlifting record here in TN for the 165lb class for bp is like 420lbs. Just ridiculous. Granted, that was with SLP, which doesnt exist anymore. This is why I never bothered with powerlifting. U either have the genetics to win or u dont. Aint no way I'm gonna get to a 400+ bench without tons of Tren and weighing 180+. Seeing the record numbers was so discouraging.

  14. I don't see a 'new member - post here first' section so guess I'll start here.

    Weigh 175 currently, max bench 405 lbs.

  15. Do you compete? Solid bench
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Do you compete? Solid bench
    Not yet... I'd like to, just started looking into it lately

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Roidz24 View Post
    Not yet... I'd like to, just started looking into it lately
    Do it bud. How is your squat and deadlift?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Do it bud. How is your squat and deadlift?
    Tbh I'm not sure what my numbers are for each, but not bad. I've been focusing a lot on squats, deadlift, clean n jerk, etc the past year. I've been working on really building up my lower body.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Almost nobody likes it bro. If you like squat day you're obviously doing it wrong. You're numbers look good, hard to tell because proper form makes a big difference and Idk what your form looks like but if you aren't squatting you're definitely doing something wrong. At this point I would just say start squatting bro, start light and work on technique because you don't want to get hurt but you really do need to squat, and eat more lol.
    I like squat day cuz I love that burn and struggle and strain.

  20. Interesting thread. I am currently starting my chest days with Dumbbells. Im up to 125's x 3 reps. I do DB inclines next - up to 105's there x 5 reps on my best set. I do BB's second currently. I get up to 275 x 2. Up to 265 x 1 on incline... Haven't tried max barbell in a while...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by dylandufault View Post
    I like squat day cuz I love that burn and struggle and strain.
    I love squat day because it's where I feel I have the most gain potential. I look forward to it. Up to 365 ATG (after hitting 345 x 1, 355 x 1). It was a great session. Up from 345 x 1 the week before...

  22. Yea planet fitness doesn't count you smith press wannabe
    klajsd;flksaj;faksj;faksdf

  23. I would say if your double your BW for your bench and triple your BW for squat and deadlift your strong

  24. Quote Originally Posted by LeanEngineer View Post
    I would say if your double your BW for your bench and triple your BW for squat and deadlift your strong
    Wow, them are some mighty high numbers....

    200# guy must put up a 600-400-600 total to be considered strong (no assistance equipment, including wraps)

    250# guys get ready for 750-500-750.

    I could probably count on one hand the people who can do that without wraps lol.....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Wow, them are some mighty high numbers....

    200# guy must put up a 600-400-600 total to be considered strong (no assistance equipment, including wraps)

    250# guys get ready for 750-500-750.

    I could probably count on one hand the people who can do that without wraps lol.....
    Yeah but that's probably competitive at a national level too. It ain't breaking records by any means but it's stronger than ur average strong guy.

    I think X 2 and X 2.5 - 2.75 would also be competitive as well. This is especially necessary in the lighter classes that are less than 200lbs.

  26. A roughly 8xBW raw total qualifies as elite. That's definitely something reserved for a very small fraction of lifters.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  27. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    Yeah but that's probably competitive at a national level too. It ain't breaking records by any means but it's stronger than ur average strong guy.

    I think X 2 and X 2.5 - 2.75 would also be competitive as well. This is especially necessary in the lighter classes that are less than 200lbs.
    w/o wraps or sleeves? I'm guessing it would be a little bit more than competitive at a national level....

  28. Yea those would be big numbers

  29. Let's think about this, we have a guy on this forum who recently squatted 660 @ 220 with knee wraps.

    That also put him in the top 50 on PLwatch (~34 IIRC).

    So the top 50 guys on PLwatch may not even have 3x BW squats (considering Sean's 660 @220 is higher than some of the other squats). And again, that was with wraps.....

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    A roughly 8xBW raw total qualifies as elite. That's definitely something reserved for a very small fraction of lifters.
    At 198 its actually well above elite (elite total is 1471).
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
  2. Bench Press Help
    By Swanson52 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 01:13 AM
  3. Is there anyone who doesn't flat bench press at all?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
  4. rev bench press is this any good
    By bigrich954rr in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 03:04 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Log in
Log in