Average bench press

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    dont wanna be a negative nancy here. but your avi is missin a certain tat
    that was before i got the tat. its recent but good catch

2. Quote Originally Posted by TEH253 View Post
    that was before i got the tat. its recent but good catch
    How old are you, tall are you? Gear or all natural? Oh and how big are your arms?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    How old are you, tall are you? Gear or all natural?
    23. 5'8. supplements, paleo, and zyzz. arms are prob 16.5 im not sure.

4. Quote Originally Posted by TEH253 View Post
    23. 5'8. supplements, paleo, and zyzz.
    How long have you been training?

5. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    How long have you been training?
    On and off for years. I think i was benching 320 when i was 19, so when ever i start lifting again i make quick gains. I was also a trainer so i have pretty good knowledge with fitness and what not.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TEH253 View Post
    On and off for years. I think i was benching 320 when i was 19, so when ever i start lifting again i make quick gains. I was also a trainer so i have pretty good knowledge with fitness and what not.
    Oh ok cool..kind of sucks that I started at 25 after getting a handle on a number of medical issues lol. Better late than never

7. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Oh ok cool..kind of sucks that I started at 25 after getting a handle on a number of medical issues lol. Better late than never
    Health is important man so it's good you got that figured out. 25 isn't too bad, thats like around your prime so if your lifting with proper technique, have a proper diet, the right supplements, and cardio you should make solid gains quickly.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tcombs911 View Post
    I'm pretty new to this site, and was wondering what would be the average bench press for my weight. I weigh 133 and my height is 5' 6"ish, I've been in the gym for about 2 years now. My BP max-225..DL max-325 I don't squat because I got a bad back.
    Maybe you have bad form while squatting? It should be the other way around but for your back they have belts you can use which should help.

9. 365x7... and I'm in recovery mode was at 425 before I separated my shoulder. It's perfectly reasonable he could do 315, isn't a great feat of strength lol. Just lots of lil guys raggin on ya.

10. Quote Originally Posted by beastcapta View Post
    365x7... and I'm in recovery mode was at 425 before I separated my shoulder. It's perfectly reasonable he could do 315, isn't a great feat of strength lol. Just lots of lil guys raggin on ya.
    Video please
    •   

11. I'm not gonna be one the tools in the gym who record themselves lifting, been doing this too long.

12. Quote Originally Posted by beastcapta
    I'm not gonna be one the tools in the gym who record themselves lifting, been doing this too long.
    You don't even have a profile pic.

Do you even lift?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post

You don't even have a profile pic.

Do you even lift?
    Amen

14. I have profile pic just not avatar pic

15. Quote Originally Posted by kdeome View Post
    I'm 5'10" 160lbs and my 1RM is 275... benching your body weight for reps is considered average, double your weight puts you in the top 33%
    More like the top 5%.

There aren't many people who can bench twice their weight. Even powerlifters struggle with this.

State records start happening at 2.1 -2.25 times your body weight.

16. Quote Originally Posted by stillnatural View Post
    225 bench press at 133 is awesome. Keep at it and by the time your at 150 you'll get 300. I've hit 347 at 175 at a usapl meet I have a video on YouTube but I can't links on here.
    Problem is, the heavier you get, the worse that power to weight ratio becomes. You don't see many 300lb'ers benching 600lbs or more. As you pack on weight, you tend to have diminishing returns.

This is also why the strongest strongmen are usually 250-275lbs max. The super heavies are generally not as strong in power-to-weight ratios as the slightly lighter guys.

17. double body weight bench is good, a little harder to achieve the heavier you get but most gym rats cannot bench double their bodyweight.

18. Quote Originally Posted by GeraldNY181 View Post
    double body weight bench is good, a little harder to achieve the heavier you get but most gym rats cannot bench double their bodyweight.
    3x Dead lift and 2.5-3x squat are harder to come by in my region...I see people with big benches here a lot...but damn they can't do a proper FULL ROM squat or any kind of pull (sumo, conventional, arched back, hitching and sad attempts) that is close to decent numbers.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

19. true dat....it is a given that gym rats cant squat or pull for crap haha

20. Quote Originally Posted by GeraldNY181 View Post
    true dat....it is a given that gym rats cant squat or pull for crap haha
    I ended a friendship (free intercourse kind) with a girl for calling me a gym rat...because I lift at 6am and she is barely going to bed at that time she called me that...I had to end it :/ I am a respectable powerlifter of the iron game...and not a gym rat '
    >SNS-Glycophase<

21. good for you, I did competitive powerlifting for about 5 years...it lays a great foundation for all training.

22. Quote Originally Posted by GeraldNY181 View Post
    good for you, I did competitive powerlifting for about 5 years...it lays a great foundation for all training.
    Strength training, all around , not only focusing on the 1RM or total (Thanks to Rodja for explaining this to me) is the best base one can get IMO. Good stuff to see someone else also agrees with us !
    >SNS-Glycophase<

23. To each his own. I never bench more then 135

24. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    To each his own. I never bench more then 135
    That some sort of joke..?

25. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

That some sort of joke..?
    Nope. I've always been training high repetition medium weight. Once my routine gets easy ill add another excersisd for that muscle group. Never tried to bench more then 205 ever.

26. you just went from never benching more than 135 to never benching more than 205. contradiction much?

27. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    you just went from never benching more than 135 to never benching more than 205. contradiction much?
    Yeah I tried 205 twice. So I guess I don't always bench 135...

28. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post

Yeah I tried 205 twice. So I guess I don't always bench 135...
    I just got 215x1 twice in my last ME session :3
    >SNS-Glycophase<

29. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    Nope. I've always been training high repetition medium weight. Once my routine gets easy ill add another excersisd for that muscle group. Never tried to bench more then 205 ever.
    There will come a point in time, if you desire to see increasing gains in size and strength, that you'll have to radically adjust your training regimen and schedule from what it is. I do not believe doing the same thing day in and out will be as benefitial as proposing new styles, exercises, paces etc to the the muscles every 6-8 weeks.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    This leaves very little room for progression and 135 is an absurdly low weight to use for any sort of working set unless you're 120lbs or a chick.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
  2. Bench Press Help
    By Swanson52 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 02:13 AM
  3. Is there anyone who doesn't flat bench press at all?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:45 PM
  4. rev bench press is this any good
    By bigrich954rr in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 04:04 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 01:03 PM