Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
It's been over a year sine my last competition at the INBF Long Island Experience IX. After much time off, moved to a new state, new job(s), new trainer, new focus.... My whole world is new and I'm finally ready to go!

2012 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS NOVEMBER 9TH AND 10TH - ATLANTIC CITY , NJ

Please visit www.tristone.org for all the contest information. No reason to post ALL the details here.

THE GAME PLAN

1. 7 Weeks out right now. Currently 158lbs at 7.7% BF on a 5'7" frame.
  2. Drop <150lbs to compete in the Open Bantamweight class. I would have done lightweight but the class goes 150 1/3lbs to 164! I just don't feel competitive against someone with 10lbs on me.
  3. Get absolutely, incredibly, phenomenally, health-endangeringly ripped and conditioned.
PROS: I have the symmetry and design. My physique is balanced and aesthetic. I pose well and have legs that stand out over my past competitors. Color always comes out good, I tan right. Stage presence and charisma have always been outstanding - I make an impression.

CONS: It's really hard for me to get that paper-thin-skin conditioning. My skin is a bit thicker and likes to hold water. Biceps are of uneven size and lack peak (L) 14.25" (R) 14.75". My abdominals have never been the highlight of my physique either. I'm also dieting through football season and my birthday :( No beer or cake for me.

CURRENT DIET: STANDARD KETOGENIC
Meal 1: 2 eggs, 2tbsp natural peanut butter
Meal 2: 3oz grassfed ground beef 80/20%, 1/2c asparagus cooked in olive oil
Meal 3: Repeat 2
Meal 4: 4oz white albacore tuna, 1tbsp sesame oil
WORKOUT
1tbsp coconut oil prior to cardio*
Post workout - 2 scoops IsoPure Whey Isolate
Meal 5: 4oz chicken, 1 oz walnuts, 1tbsp home made pesto (basically 1tbsp olive oil with basil and garlic.
Calories = 1840 = 138g protein, 125g fats, 30g carbs.
*20 minutes on treadmill post-workout 7.0 speed, flat ground. 5 minutes warm up/cool down at 3.0 speed.
TRAINING ROUTINE
5 days/week - Alternate biceps and abs every 48 hours (every other day). Calve raises on some steps 3x30 daily.
MONDAY - CHEST
TUESDAY - SHOULDERS
WEDNESDAY - QUADS
THURSDAY - BACK
FRIDAY - HAMSTRINGS/CALVES
SATURDAY/SUNDAY - Rest unless additional work is needed or a day is missed during the week.

Some nudez to start from last week:
photo.JPG
photo (3).JPG
photo (5).JPG
photo (18).JPG
photo (8).JPG
photo (11).JPG
photo (12).JPG
photo (13).JPG
photo (15).JPG
photo (17).JPG

Gotta love the face on that side tricep lol.

Current supplementation:
4 RPM 1 hour pre-workout
4 NeoVar Pre/Post Workout
3 3Z and 4 Lipo-PM before bed
2mg Biotin
3mg Fish Oils
Complete Balance Multi-Vitamin
1000mcg Niacin (B3) on select training days.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this Organic. You got some crazy low calories already for being 7 weeks out. Have you been dropping weight pretty good so far or are you dropping cals each week?

jdg76
Team APPNUT

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I know I'm going to have to lose mass to get that conditioning. Oh well, it's all for the sport. Hamstring calves and biceps today. Going there now. I'm heading down to Philladephia later to visit a friend who just had surgery.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this Organic. You got some crazy low calories already for being 7 weeks out. Have you been dropping weight pretty good so far or are you dropping cals each week?

jdg76
Team APPNUT
Im sticking around the 1800-1900 range. I expect a change-up sometime in the next couple weeks to not drop too fast - the caliper already says 8%. It's almost time to reintroduce carbs.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
In for the ride. Oh yeah, some words of wisdom for you: "Don't f*ck up!"

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Wow....7 weeks. That's coming up fast! Have you been prepping for a bit or just decided to do the show? I feel bad for you on keto. Haha. I don't know how I could go without the carbs.

Subbed to keep you motivated and give you good, honest feedback.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I started shedding weight in August to see what I looked like - do I possess a physique show worthy. After a lot of going back and forth, especially because of the time constraint, I decided to do it. Plus Cheh Low kept pushing me last week at Naturalmania lol.

I've been in keto for a while now. Longer than I think is necessary. It sucks yeah. I'll have a photo/diet update by Monday.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice broski!!! Awesome pics...if you don't mind I'll throw in my critique of your pics...ok strong points are deff your chest, lats and back...I'd say bring up your shoulders and arms a bit...abs look awesome! I bet they will look great when you lose the water bro...overall deff a physique to be extremely proud of!!! Now I need to get shredded like you!!!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good, good luck
Not to hijack but hey murk thanks bro bc of your comment you made to me yesterday I killed the gym 2 times those simple few words seriously gave me a killer push yesterday so thanks broski

murk01

murk01

Awards
Not to hijack but hey murk thanks bro bc of your comment you made to me yesterday I killed the gym 2 times those simple few words seriously gave me a killer push yesterday so thanks broski
Excellent! I'm happy to hear that!
Keep it up dude, Im truly impressed with you progress

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That was my driving force today for biceps and hamstrings! Glad to have you all aboard. Those biceps are a weak point I'm well aware of so I hit em every 48 hours. I'll post my workout later, on a train to Philly to visit a friend who started my addiction with bodybuilding.

Always open to criticism. I'm my own worst critic and we always need that "third eye."

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No computer so I'll do this as best I can.

Friday's workout:
Pump up biceps with 2 sets 30reps on 40 straight bar.
Biceps curls 3x12 with the 60. Reps I couldn't perform in good form were cheated- trying to build that peak.

Alternate arm machine preachers 4x10 @25
Incline seated dumbbell curls 4x10@20
Seated dumbbell hammer curls 4x10-12@20

Alternate bent over hamstring curls 4x15@50
Lying leg curls 4x12-15x80
Standing calves raise machine 4x12@90 with 3 second hold at top.
Lying calves press 4x10@360
^By this point I'm shakey from low blood sugar. Gotta finish up.
Seated calves raise Time-Under-Tension: 3 sets 30s on/60s off @ 90lbs.

No cardio today. Between the leg work and hypoglycemia I knew it would be bad. This weekend allows carb refeed so timing is perfect.

Going to the gym with my friend this morning. Gonna hit abs and lower back. A little calves work again.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No computer so I'll do this as best I can.

Friday's workout:
Pump up biceps with 2 sets 30reps on 40 straight bar.
Biceps curls 3x12 with the 60. Reps I couldn't perform in good form were cheated- trying to build that peak.

Alternate arm machine preachers 4x10 @25
Incline seated dumbbell curls 4x10@20
Seated dumbbell hammer curls 4x10-12@20

Alternate bent over hamstring curls 4x15@50
Lying leg curls 4x12-15x80
Standing calves raise machine 4x12@90 with 3 second hold at top.
Lying calves press 4x10@360
^By this point I'm shakey from low blood sugar. Gotta finish up.
Seated calves raise Time-Under-Tension: 3 sets 30s on/60s off @ 90lbs.

No cardio today. Between the leg work and hypoglycemia I knew it would be bad. This weekend allows carb refeed so timing is perfect.

Going to the gym with my friend this morning. Gonna hit abs and lower back. A little calves work again.
After today I'm off of work for a week and plan on going to our annual fair 3 times lol bring on the calories

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Frankie Edgar. Bet you hear that alot too.
Nah. Freddie Prince Junior or Justin Timberlake. Depends how long my hair is.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I hit the gym for a bit just for old times sake with my old roommate. He's suffering from Crohn's Disease and just a few weeks out from surgery. Just the fact he can eat real food and get in the gym is a blessing. Did a light chest/back lift with a little tricep then hit my abs and calves as required. Cardio ended up being a walk-run with the dogs. Damn, it's just nice to get out from the city for a weekend. Thankfully he's well aware of pre-compdieting so I was able to hold on. Didn't monitor it extensively but round-about OK on estimations and feeling. We'll see how I do with football today :/ GO JETS!!!

Chest/biceps tomorrow. Numbers and pictures to follow. Getting bloodwork done next week - I'll explain that one when we get the results.

After today I'm off of work for a week and plan on going to our annual fair 3 times lol bring on the calories
When Im all finished up here Im joining you on that!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
First time Symmetry check
Chest 38 1/2
Waste 30
Lats 21
Arms 14 1/4 left
Arms 14 3/4 right
Shoulder 24
Glutes 37
Quads 21 1/8
Calves 14 1/8
Fat 8.1%

Second Symmetry Check
Chest 39 1/2
Lats 22
Waist 31
Glutes 37 1/8
Shoulder 25
Right arm 15
Left 14 3/4
Quads 23 3/4
Calves 14 1/4
Fat 7.2%

This is the comparison measurement from 6 months ago. Just got this email back this morning. I gotta pick a posing song soon! Last time I did Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver and it was awesome! Although it wasn't my best condition by far my best posing routine. Looking for a similar rock/metal song or something dubstep if my buddy will help me choreograph it.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
You got a vid of your posing routine from your last competition? How much have you been practicing your posing, lately? I'm talking about the mandatory poses, not the routine-portion. Those mandatories can make-or-break you in a competition (as I'm sure you already know this).

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
You got a vid of your posing routine from your last competition? How much have you been practicing your posing, lately? I'm talking about the mandatory poses, not the routine-portion. Those mandatories can make-or-break you in a competition (as I'm sure you already know this).
I started mandatory posing daily. Breathing control is much easier now as I focused on my technique through the off season. I gonna see if I can find that video. Almost busted my ass trying for a sommersault. Didn't occur to me how ill I was until after my routine.

I need to pick a song asap.... AN Promo?!?!?!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious to see how you will look at the end of your cut. We are basically the same. 5'7 and usually 155lb and I've never been able to get a great body with my frame.
Jersey right? If I'm around I just might drive down to the show to check it out, always wanted to go to a bodybuilding show but never had a chance. Good luck man!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^ Same. Usually I go for a "fuller" look but if I'm going in bantam I have to be absolutely shredded. Conditioning like that is very difficult for me (or anyone really) to achieve. It's in AC Friday/Saturday Nov 9th+10th. Winner of the open show on Friday competes in the pro on Saturday.

Doing cardio in the AM this week. I'm a later shift 10-6 - I hate it. I lift real late and it kills my day for errand running during business hours. I'm moving some training days to weekends so I don't have to rush around so much. 3Z really helps me knock out at night though. I'm usually WIRED after training and can't get myself to settle down.

Anyone who's interested in following that log standalone http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/214425-i-sports-3z.html

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
CHEST/BICEPS
Flat Bench: 95lbs x 4sets x rep to failure (25-30) <-focus on pectoralis minor fatigue
Flat Bench: 135x2x15/13
Pec Fly Machine: 80x4 15/15/14/12
Decline Bench Press: 95x2x15, 105x2 14/13
Incline Bench Press: 95x4 15/13/12/11
Seated Hammer Curl: 25x4 12/12/11/10
Standing Barbell Curl: 40x2 sets to failure (20-25)< trying to get pumped
Standing Barbell Curl: 50x4x12 <Some reps cheated to reach 12, working on developing peak
Seated Concentration Curl: 20x4x10

20minutes cardio – Treadmill @ 7.0 speed

Took some photos prior to cardio, hoping to post them later when I get the email.

Shoulders and abs later today.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Need more Uptake....
I'll be adding a few more supps into this log as I go. Uptake most certainly one of them come mid-October.
Gonna introduce LeCheek HyperT2 and Drive next week to start amplifying things.
Also bringing in the following overtime:
ALCAR
ALA-500
Fat Free
HGHUp
Free Test
Black Cats v2
Vitamin C x3/daily with meals
Chromium Picolinate 500mgx2 daily

I'm gonna have Echinacea on hand as the weather changes to prevent getting sick when depleted. Mistake I made before.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Solid workout man! How much rest between sets?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout man! How much rest between sets?
30 seconds. Objective is to get that 12-15 rep range, hit 15 early and slowly burn out over 4 sets. Those last two get tough and I start forcing reps in to get there even if it means taking breathers between reps.

SHOULDERS/ABS
Military Press (Front) - 95x2 14/12
Military Press (Back) - 75x2 12/12 <This got tough
Machine Overhead Press - 140x4 15/14/12/12
Machine Shrugs - 180x4 15/15/13/12 <Hold for 3 seconds at the top.
Barbell Raises - 70x4x15 < Blasted through these, felt great. Held at the top for 2-3 seconds.
Reverse Machine Flyes - 90x2x13, 85x2 13/12 <Started getting tired, haven't used the machine in a while for this.
Machine Torso Twist 75degree angle - 40x4x15 (Just going for the stretch)
TMS Machine Abdominal Curl - 60x4x15
Hanging Leg Raise - BWx4x20
Side Crunch Alternating - 45x4x15 (Don't know how to call this, hold the 45 plate in one hand and lever the body to a side crunch)

Wasn't as powerful of a lift as I usually expect, so tired from the busiest day I've had at work in some time. Cardio in the AM kinda drained me all day. I'll get used to it.

PICTURE TIME! These were taken Monday after I cheated like hell this weekend. Not my best posing - felt so full and pumped. Looking in the mirror I loved how I looked. Back to depletion :(

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Alright...

PROMO TO WIN SOME N.O. UPTAKE

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I NEED A SONG FOR MY ROUTINE. PREVIOUS CHOICES HAVE BEEN THE FOLLOWING:
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - HOLY DIVER (DIO COVER)
IN FLAMES - THE QUIET PLACE
INCUBUS - PARDON ME
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - KICKSTART MY HEART (MOTLEY CRUE COVER)

I'm open to all suggestions. A trainer I work with instructs dance here in Manhattan and wants to help me put together a routine.
Really looking for something similar to the above or something absolutely, absurdly, outrageous and unexpected.

Winner will be decided on Thursday. Limit 3 entries per person.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright...

PROMO TO WIN SOME N.O. UPTAKE

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I NEED A SONG FOR MY ROUTINE. PREVIOUS CHOICES HAVE BEEN THE FOLLOWING:
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - HOLY DIVER (DIO COVER)
IN FLAMES - THE QUIET PLACE
INCUBUS - PARDON ME
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - KICKSTART MY HEART (MOTLEY CRUE COVER)

I'm open to all suggestions. A trainer I work with instructs dance here in Manhattan and wants to help me put together a routine.
Really looking for something similar to the above or something absolutely, absurdly, outrageous and unexpected.

Winner will be decided on Thursday. Limit 3 entries per person.
Indestructible - disturbed
Monster - skillet
Nightmare - A7X

Those are some good ones to listen to. Indestructible is my sh!t

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This would go great with my free test log in Nov. :wink:

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Indestructible - disturbed
Monster - skillet
Nightmare - A7X

Those are some good ones to listen to. Indestructible is my sh!t

If you got some moves on you than smooth criminal by MJ

[video=youtube;7LuSP4QaXiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LuSP4QaXiQ[/video]

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;PsO6ZnUZI0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g[/video]

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Victim- avenged sevenfold

N your pics aren't coming up let me hit up laptop quick

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
30 seconds. Objective is to get that 12-15 rep range, hit 15 early and slowly burn out over 4 sets. Those last two get tough and I start forcing reps in to get there even if it means taking breathers between reps.

SHOULDERS/ABS
Military Press (Front) - 95x2 14/12
Military Press (Back) - 75x2 12/12 <This got tough
Machine Overhead Press - 140x4 15/14/12/12
Machine Shrugs - 180x4 15/15/13/12 <Hold for 3 seconds at the top.
Barbell Raises - 70x4x15 < Blasted through these, felt great. Held at the top for 2-3 seconds.
Reverse Machine Flyes - 90x2x13, 85x2 13/12 <Started getting tired, haven't used the machine in a while for this.
Machine Torso Twist 75degree angle - 40x4x15 (Just going for the stretch)
TMS Machine Abdominal Curl - 60x4x15
Hanging Leg Raise - BWx4x20
Side Crunch Alternating - 45x4x15 (Don't know how to call this, hold the 45 plate in one hand and lever the body to a side crunch)

Wasn't as powerful of a lift as I usually expect, so tired from the busiest day I've had at work in some time. Cardio in the AM kinda drained me all day. I'll get used to it.

PICTURE TIME! These were taken Monday after I cheated like hell this weekend. Not my best posing - felt so full and pumped. Looking in the mirror I loved how I looked. Back to depletion :(
redo your pic upload bro they arent working

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Quads/Biceps today. Today one of my co-workers started talking about "Ohh I want to have a brownie so bad but I'm trying to lose weight. I'm craving it. Have you ever craved something so badly that when you have it you feel like heaven."

Blank face, half zoned out, monotone voice, without blinking I reply "You don't have the slightest clue." and return to my computer. The perpetual tired feeling is starting to settle in I'm gonna have to get used to it. Looks like Black Cats v2 is making it's appearance sooner that later! No complaints :)

Another co-worker of mine gave me fresh bitter melon from her garden. Crazy looking stuff but the chef in me is excited to add this in. We got on discussion about health benefits and she's a big fan as being a diabetic. She didn't know why so I enlightened her on the AMPK pathway for carbohydrate uptake and insulin mimicry as bitter melon has 4 phytochemicals that work to increase AMPK secretion emulating muscle nutrient sensitivity similar to just finishing a workout. Here's some reading material:
http://ac.els-cdn.com/S1074552108000823/1-s2.0-S1074552108000823-main.pdf?_tid=f44f482c-0851-11e2-a06f-00000aab0f6c&acdnat=1348716065_4d27ac3bdabd9117685ef86bb14e90ee
Now, if only I could figure out how to cook this stuff! I'm thinking to just pickle it in vinegar and garlic.

QUADS:
Reverse Icarus Squat - 270x4x15
Leg Extension - 70x4 15/12/12/14 <- I could go heavier but due to a knee injury I keep this light and just focus on peaking the top for 2-3 seconds. Almost blew my knee out in the off season so i take it easy here now. I've also fund some articles that recommend NOT going heavy for that reason. Now I just use it to pre-fatigue.
Hack Squat - 155x4 15/13/13/12
Leg Press - 360x2x20 <-ok, im dead

BICEPS:
Barbell curl - same idea to pump up with the 40 then over to 50x4x15.. cheating reps if needed till I meet quota.
Standing Cable Curl - 50x4 15/14/14/14 <- not bad, I'll up the weight maybe
Twin cable bicep curl - 30x4x20 <-- just repping out to get the stretch and focus at the top without banging my head

DIET:
1860 cal: 20g carbs, 130g fats, 148g protein - Sooooo tired. Just a couple more days.

Off from work tomorrow. Gonna lift early for hamstrings, calves and abs. Have a lot of work to do with my trainer in the business. I need to write up a proposal for one of our investors and start working on my routine. Still taking suggestions for posing music - winner gets some N.O. Uptake

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quads/Biceps today. Today one of my co-workers started talking about "Ohh I want to have a brownie so bad but I'm trying to lose weight. I'm craving it. Have you ever craved something so badly that when you have it you feel like heaven."

Blank face, half zoned out, monotone voice, without blinking I reply "You don't have the slightest clue." and return to my computer. The perpetual tired feeling is starting to settle in I'm gonna have to get used to it. Looks like Black Cats v2 is making it's appearance sooner that later! No complaints :)

Another co-worker of mine gave me fresh bitter melon from her garden. Crazy looking stuff but the chef in me is excited to add this in. We got on discussion about health benefits and she's a big fan as being a diabetic. She didn't know why so I enlightened her on the AMPK pathway for carbohydrate uptake and insulin mimicry as bitter melon has 4 phytochemicals that work to increase AMPK secretion emulating muscle nutrient sensitivity similar to just finishing a workout. Here's some reading material:
http://ac.els-cdn.com/S1074552108000823/1-s2.0-S1074552108000823-main.pdf?_tid=f44f482c-0851-11e2-a06f-00000aab0f6c&acdnat=1348716065_4d27ac3bdabd9117685ef86bb14e90ee
Now, if only I could figure out how to cook this stuff! I'm thinking to just pickle it in vinegar and garlic.

QUADS:
Reverse Icarus Squat - 270x4x15
Leg Extension - 70x4 15/12/12/14 <- I could go heavier but due to a knee injury I keep this light and just focus on peaking the top for 2-3 seconds. Almost blew my knee out in the off season so i take it easy here now. I've also fund some articles that recommend NOT going heavy for that reason. Now I just use it to pre-fatigue.
Hack Squat - 155x4 15/13/13/12
Leg Press - 360x2x20 <-ok, im dead

BICEPS:
Barbell curl - same idea to pump up with the 40 then over to 50x4x15.. cheating reps if needed till I meet quota.
Standing Cable Curl - 50x4 15/14/14/14 <- not bad, I'll up the weight maybe
Twin cable bicep curl - 30x4x20 <-- just repping out to get the stretch and focus at the top without banging my head

DIET:
1860 cal: 20g carbs, 130g fats, 148g protein - Sooooo tired. Just a couple more days.

Off from work tomorrow. Gonna lift early for hamstrings, calves and abs. Have a lot of work to do with my trainer in the business. I need to write up a proposal for one of our investors and start working on my routine. Still taking suggestions for posing music - winner gets some N.O. Uptake
Just pick me bro. That way I only need to buy one :wink:

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I thought you already picked this:
Seriously considering it. Hahaha. I have a friend who would choreograph it with me. What about opening with something gothic and dramatic of an intro then cut in?