Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Decided to stay in the city for the weekend, I want to relax and I'm going to NJ next week for family anyway.

    Holy sh*t how much better my lifts have been the last two days!!!! Better sleep, better mentality, glycogen stores although small have helped my workouts become much more explosive and I dont get so drained. Ive been having a hard time lately getting myself to go and I think those overnight shifts really messed me up.

    Still keeping to 150g carbs - I want to keep them on the low end through the weekend and see how I react. Gonna make assessments on Monday and from there decide how much to shift. I'm easily putting 10-20% more weight on each exercise and hitting higher reps with better explosiveness.
    Overhead machine press was tiring at 110 last week but I blasted through 140 without fail.
    Upped a plate for shrugs.
    Back up to the 70 for barbell raise.
    Hit front and rear delts like a boss - with energy to rip through alternating non-stop machine preacher curls 4 sets of 25.
    Not done... standing DB curls went up from 20-25 with higher reps... Could I pull off 30's next time? Maybe my strength exists higher than I thought. Either way I feel confident that, even with a diet around 2100, I'm still going to reach the necessary workout intesity I need to succeed.

    HIIT after a oatmeal/coconut oil meal works out in my favor.
    Side note: has anyone ever felt a little dizzy or woozy using a thyroid stimulant supp? I think its me just replenishing electrolyte imbalance from hard keto diet but just wondering.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka


  2. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'll have my car - lets lift heavy objects.
    Nah man I was just joking with you. Got a good 75% moved. Dead right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Decided to stay in the city for the weekend, I want to relax and I'm going to NJ next week for family anyway.

    Holy sh*t how much better my lifts have been the last two days!!!! Better sleep, better mentality, glycogen stores although small have helped my workouts become much more explosive and I dont get so drained. Ive been having a hard time lately getting myself to go and I think those overnight shifts really messed me up.

    Still keeping to 150g carbs - I want to keep them on the low end through the weekend and see how I react. Gonna make assessments on Monday and from there decide how much to shift. I'm easily putting 10-20% more weight on each exercise and hitting higher reps with better explosiveness.
    Overhead machine press was tiring at 110 last week but I blasted through 140 without fail.
    Upped a plate for shrugs.
    Back up to the 70 for barbell raise.
    Hit front and rear delts like a boss - with energy to rip through alternating non-stop machine preacher curls 4 sets of 25.
    Not done... standing DB curls went up from 20-25 with higher reps... Could I pull off 30's next time? Maybe my strength exists higher than I thought. Either way I feel confident that, even with a diet around 2100, I'm still going to reach the necessary workout intesity I need to succeed.

    HIIT after a oatmeal/coconut oil meal works out in my favor.
    Side note: has anyone ever felt a little dizzy or woozy using a thyroid stimulant supp? I think its me just replenishing electrolyte imbalance from hard keto diet but just wondering.
    What part of Jersey is your family from?
    Army Veteran. OEF.
    •   
       


  3. Im from Sussex County up by Mountain Creek. Most of my fathers side lives by Wayne.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  4. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Im from Sussex County up by Mountain Creek. Most of my fathers side lives by Wayne.
    Love me some Mountain Creek in the summer. So many girls in bikini and booty shorts for my viewing pleasure lol. Wayne.. I think that's where the old gym I used to go to was at. Bally on route 22.
    Army Veteran. OEF.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas9 View Post
    Love me some Mountain Creek in the summer. So many girls in bikini and booty shorts for my viewing pleasure lol. Wayne.. I think that's where the old gym I used to go to was at. Bally on route 22.
    Oh its lovely - I probably know 3/4s of them lol. If the lost their top it wouldnt matter they just keep on walking.
    Maybe... my old gym was right off the parkway on exit 148.

    Gonna get Chest and abs in today so I can take tomorrow off. I'm the early shift this week (6:15-2:15) so I'll have all afternoon to relax and get things done. I'm training my youth group today, I'll try to get some pictures up. I got this one Dominican kid he's 17 and looks better than I do!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   
       


  6. So instead of my original NJ plans I decided to be something of a hermit. Sleep, eat, lift, cook, and fix my apartment. I'm rather nomadic so I never put much effort into making a "home" but I went in hard on making my space personal. Got myself a new desk, some pictures, put up black out curtains, new sheets, and rearranged my entire closet. I feel accomplished.

    I look much better now. So much better. Still kinda flat and soft but it's OK - the return to form is drastic and I'm no longer questioning my ability to get in shape 2 weeks out. I had some energy today! Went in at 1230 to hit back/triceps/and abs. After the Bears blow out over Jags I still felt energized and snuck in some traps and calves... and 10m on the bike! I was dripping sweat from the bike, no idea why.

    I'm the early shift this week (6:15-2:15) so im going to bed early. Gotta be up by 5 the latest - I'll have my first meal at work.
    Diet was perfection:
    Meal 1 - 1/2c oatmeal, 1tbsp coconut oil w/cinnamon and cocoa (insulin mimicking) - parachute 200mg berberine 30m prior
    20 min HIIT
    Meal 2 - 2sc dymatize whey, 2sc Karbolyn
    WORKOUT (BACK/TRI/ABS)
    Meal 3 - 6oz ahi tuna steak, 1/2c brown rice and some veggies
    ^Sat and ate at the gym watching the giants game. I miss grubbing down at the gym postworkout.
    Meal 4 - 4tbsp almond butter... because I felt like it.
    Meal 5 - 1/2 curry quinoa, 2tbsp peanut butter (200mg berberine prior)
    WORKOUT (TRAPS/CALVES)
    Meal 6 - 4oz chicken, some salad greens 1tbsp olive oil and some apple cider vinegar

    Also 1,000mg vitamin C with every meal. Still dosing Fat Free and Hyper T 2 staggered. Noticing how much better Drive effects a workout when taken WITH RPM but I cant take it on an empty stomach. I need something in my system.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  7. Weight increases for today by comparison:
    Lat pull down: 100-->120
    Low row: 90 -->140 (Woah)
    Lying T-bar: 45 --> 55 --> 85
    Tricep Rope Pushdown (extending hands): 30-->50

    Also did a 4x10 circuit on the row machine switching hand positions to burn out as the last exercise and overhead barbell tricep press. Then a big ab circuit.
    Here's one of the teen's I train. He's only 17 but lifting for a bit with his step father. he's used to going real heavy so putting him at 10-12 reps was hard for him to break the all out heavy weight mentality.
    [IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui=2&ik=5a9e15578b&view=att&t h=13a3e194d40b0afe&att****0.1&d isp=thd&realatt****141522265094 8623511-1&zw[/IMG][IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui=2&ik=5a9e15578b&view=att&t h=13a3e194d40b0afe&att****0.2&d isp=thd&realatt****141522265094 8623511-2&zw[/IMG][IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui=2&ik=5a9e15578b&view=att&t h=13a3e194d40b0afe&att****0.3&d isp=thd&realatt****141522265094 8623511-3&zw[/IMG]He wants to get into a Teen division. He's got some work to do.

    Went down to my joke of a fitness center in my apt complex and did 8 sets of DB shrugs and 6 sets of calve press. Just because I felt like it.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  8. ^^^ pictures are not working.
    Army Veteran. OEF.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas9
    ^^^ pictures are not working.
    This ^^^^ broski
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

  10. Name:  IMAG0574.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  84.6 KBName:  IMAG0578.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  54.1 KBName:  IMAG0579.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  87.2 KBName:  IMAG0580[1].JPG
Views: 114
Size:  74.2 KB
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  11. The kid looks pretty good. Keep at him.
    I've got an 11 yr old that is just dying to get in the gym with me. I let him do pull-ups, push-ups and situps, but that is about it for another yr or two.

    jdg76
    team APPNUT
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

  12. Agreed. I don't like working with kids any earlier than 14-15.

    Head hurts a little not sure why, I think its how I slept. I popped my night capper (3Z/HGHUp) and forgot my bed sheets were still in the dryer. I just grabbed a blanket and made due.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  13. agree with jdg76 too young. I would let me kids get in there with me once they hit 7 or 8th grade

    He already looks good for 17 Shadow, great job on your part.
    Army Veteran. OEF.

  14. He's got some work to do. The other one could win tomorrow and now his brother's training too. They're 17 and 18.

    Not lifting today. Just cardio - 45m on the bike and some abs. I wanna relax to watch the Jets game and be ready to blow out chest/biceps tomorrow.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  15. <---- In case you were curious about what my back taper looks like. I got a waist like Frank Zane.

    25 m cardio light run on the treadmill 6.0 speed no incline. Did my high rep calves and some lunges and leg press.

    Sweating like crazy! Putting HyperT2 in he afternoon was a brilliant idea. Hopefully I can sleep.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  16. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    <---- In case you were curious about what my back taper looks like. I got a waist like Frank Zane.

    25 m cardio light run on the treadmill 6.0 speed no incline. Did my high rep calves and some lunges and leg press.

    Sweating like crazy! Putting HyperT2 in he afternoon was a brilliant idea. Hopefully I can sleep.
    No need to show off and compare yourself to the greatest =P. While I'm in the last 2 weeks of bulking and looking like a sumo wrestler.
    Army Veteran. OEF.

  17. Swoop, subbed, good luck dude

  18. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni
    Swoop, subbed, good luck dude
    Thanks sir. Good to see you back in the neighborhood.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  19. ive been around, lurking here and there. I just don't post all the time anymore.. working a full time job + school, you know

  20. No doubt. Gotta do work, get it done.

    For those who have competed: ever get that feeling like 3-4 weeks out like "I don't wanna do this... I'm not gonna be ready".
    Yeah, that's me right now. It always happens, I think it's a good sign in some ways.

    Chest and biceps today. My chest workout wasn't spectacular but biceps were awesome. Upping cardio to 25m and prior to lift. Right now I'm doing cradio immediately before my workout which may explain poor performance on the bench press. Although numbers have gone up since adjusting diet.

    Tomorrow is rest day. Low carb (<50g) but made better by alll daaaayy STEAK AND EGGS! Love it.
    Going to go over my routine, mandatories, take some pictures and run the numbers to see where were at. That's good - I need convincing about the above statement. Still gonna do cardio but cals will be a bit lower. Today was solid: 2150 = 128c/100f/170p. A little off, kind of had to make due with cottage cheese on not having food prepared. I should know better, I know.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  21. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    No doubt. Gotta do work, get it done.

    For those who have competed: ever get that feeling like 3-4 weeks out like "I don't wanna do this... I'm not gonna be ready".
    Yeah, that's me right now. It always happens, I think it's a good sign in some ways.

    Chest and biceps today. My chest workout wasn't spectacular but biceps were awesome. Upping cardio to 25m and prior to lift. Right now I'm doing cradio immediately before my workout which may explain poor performance on the bench press. Although numbers have gone up since adjusting diet.

    Tomorrow is rest day. Low carb (<50g) but made better by alll daaaayy STEAK AND EGGS! Love it.
    Going to go over my routine, mandatories, take some pictures and run the numbers to see where were at. That's good - I need convincing about the above statement. Still gonna do cardio but cals will be a bit lower. Today was solid: 2150 = 128c/100f/170p. A little off, kind of had to make due with cottage cheese on not having food prepared. I should know better, I know.
    Do you have any weak areas that you are trying to bring up before the show?

  22. Shadow how would compare Black Cats 2.0 to Uptake?
    Army Veteran. OEF.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas9
    Shadow how would compare Black Cats 2.0 to Uptake?
    That's like comparing spark plugs to a fuel injector. Two very different products with their own functions. BC became my everyday energy and focus aid and Uptake is my big gun to getting the most nutrient utilization and storage possible in muscle tissue. NO Uptake foes have a cognitive effect to it- a very suddle and smooth "Im bringing this down to the ground." Alpha status. One is the pep boost I need when feeling sluggish the other is what gets me pumped, powerful, and hardbodied.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

    Do you have any weak areas that you are trying to bring up before the show?
    Biceps every 48hrs and cheating. A lot of reps to try and shape a peak. Abs on alternating 48hrs. Not touching legs too much and shoulder days are a lot of sculpting. Really its not my shape or size its my conditioning I worry about. Entirely new approach to go in Bantam.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  25. Meeting with my trainer at 1600 to go over posing, numbers, music, tanning, supplements... The works. And a short business meeting on the side. Should have numbers and photos up tonight or tomorrow.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Log in
Log in