Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

Page 3 of 10 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Going midnight Monday till four PM wasn't too bad. I had time Sunday to rest and reserve energy to be up all night. Wasn't busy at work so not much running around. I resisted urges to eat and fasted till my normal feeding routine. Even the day shift wasn't so busy so it worked out.

Last night is what killed me. Now only on a collective 5 hours of sleep and working another midnight shift...and its busy. Overstimmed, underslept, underfed, you could argue underweight, overtired.... I had a hard time functioning and very dazed out. I was thinking about it: this is so bad for patients! Do you know how many people in hospitals work two jobs?! A lot of em two full time! After 10 hours of any one task your ability to perform is inevitably inhibited yet I know people who work 7 days a week 12-16 hours. Some pull 24 hour shifts. I'm scared to be a patient in hospitals.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Going midnight Monday till four PM wasn't too bad. I had time Sunday to rest and reserve energy to be up all night. Wasn't busy at work so not much running around. I resisted urges to eat and fasted till my normal feeding routine. Even the day shift wasn't so busy so it worked out.

Last night is what killed me. Now only on a collective 5 hours of sleep and working another midnight shift...and its busy. Overstimmed, underslept, underfed, you could argue underweight, overtired.... I had a hard time functioning and very dazed out. I was thinking about it: this is so bad for patients! Do you know how many people in hospitals work two jobs?! A lot of em two full time! After 10 hours of any one task your ability to perform is inevitably inhibited yet I know people who work 7 days a week 12-16 hours. Some pull 24 hour shifts. I'm scared to be a patient in hospitals.
    Good thing you got them black cats 2.0 to help you out throughout the day!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas9

Good thing you got them black cats 2.0 to help you out throughout the day!
    Monday they helped me so much. Sitting in front of a microscope wasn't easy to keep awake and its not like I can have coffee hanging around a lab. Much easier to step out and pop some black cats.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Monday they helped me so much. Sitting in front of a microscope wasn't easy to keep awake and its not like I can have coffee hanging around a lab. Much easier to step out and pop some black cats.
    Def. At my old job I always a tab of Sci-Fit Caffeine in my pocket for I started getting tired and sleepy lol.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I have a new client just for legs. Well, I'm taking over split responsibility for his off season. Killed him. It got me revved up to blast through shoulders on minimum sleep.

Started Hyper T2 today. I'm.gonna dose Fat Free staggered so I know what each is doing and not get overdone. Also on my way for fasted bloodwork now.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Note: don't take Fat Free and Hyper T2 together. Staggered works much better. I felt weird and kind of sickly, too much at once. Fat Free on awakening, Hyper T2 mid morning, Another Fat Free around lunch, Hyper T2 before training. This should be perfection on shedding off the extra midsection I'm still holding. At this point its just subcutaneous stubborn spots.

Now its my turn to hit legs. I'm taking my shake before workout now. Makes RPM waaayy more effective and mentally I feel better with the easy amino acid stream.
    Franz Kafka
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I have a new client for leg days. Well, he's one of my other teammates/trainers in my usual gym but he's trying to get his legs up this off season as he wants to compete. my trainer gave him to me to blast his quads 2x a week. Ohhh this kids gonna die. It's cool to workout with him though, I'll post pictures - he's got a great upper body but legs are soft. I like having an actual lifting partner for my leg days now.

Tomorrow is hamstring and back... Hmmm, deadlifts anyone?
    Franz Kafka
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

I have a new client for leg days. Well, he's one of my other teammates/trainers in my usual gym but he's trying to get his legs up this off season as he wants to compete. my trainer gave him to me to blast his quads 2x a week. Ohhh this kids gonna die. It's cool to workout with him though, I'll post pictures - he's got a great upper body but legs are soft. I like having an actual lifting partner for my leg days now.

Tomorrow is hamstring and back... Hmmm, deadlifts anyone?
    I miss my training partner from when I first started lifting. I was 100 pounds and he was 190. Pushed me every time. Would even go as far as saying he would drop the weight on me if i didn't complete my last reps lol. It was awesome.
    Good luck with your new partner.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I like having a trainer but I love having a lifting partner. I haven't really had someone to train with since I was in college and he was they guy who got me into bdoybuilding. It's a good feeling.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

I like having a trainer but I love having a lifting partner. I haven't really had someone to train with since I was in college and he was they guy who got me into bdoybuilding. It's a good feeling.
    Yes it is. He basically thought me everything I know. Every time I did something wrong he would correct me. He once got me to curl 40lb for 6 times when I thought 25 was my max. I have NEVER been able to curl 40lb again with perfect form. He would always get on my ass for having bad form. Hmmm I wonder if he still trains at the old gym I used to go. The new place I'm moving to is a block and a half away from that old gym. Going to go there next week after I'm done moving to see if he still workouts out there.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Yep. A good lifting-partner is indispensible in the gym!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Hey King, awesome work with you're old coach and maybe you can link up with him. As a general rule of thumb I rarely spend more than a year or two with a given trainer - nothing particularly against them just everyone has new thing to teach me and may have something of a different approach to consider. Same goes for lifting partners. It's like dating... but less homo... I think... Nevermind.

YES!!!!! NO MORE CABR DEPLETION!!

Now entering the T-30 days alert. 35 to be exact. I'm fed up with this keto, I'm experiencing all the negatives associated with high fat diets:
    Restless sleep, diuretic, brain fog, quick gas lack, getting kind of irritable, acetone breath... It's time to end this. It really hit me today when I go to grab a pen off the floor and get woozy standing straight again. Low electrolytes.

Going to reintroduce carbs somewhat slowly, only 100-150 grabs on training days. Need to assess response before cycling through them with high/low carb days. So here's what has been designed:
    Calories Protein Carbs Fat
    MEAL 1 2tbsp natural peanut butter 200 7 6 16
    1/4c quinoa 172 6 31 3
    MEAL 2 2oz walnuts 400 10 8 40
    MEAL 3 4oz chicken breast 90 20 0 2
    1oz almonds 170 6 6 15
    1c spinach 10 1 0 2
    MEAL 4 1/2c brown rice 215 10 35 4
    1oz coconut shred 100 1 4 10
    MEAL 5 2scoops whey 240 48 6 3
    2 scoops Karbolyn 64 0 16 0
    MEAL 6 6oz chicken breast 135 30 0 2
    1/2c brown rice 215 10 35 4
    1c steamed vegetables 38 5 6 0
    TOTALS 2049 154 153 101

BMR = 1732, BEE at moderate level (1.55x) = 2684, a 20% deficit on training days would be 2150. I'm allowing 100 cals wiggle room for error. I don't want too much insulin stimulation just yet so only carb protein combinations surrounding workouts. Rest days = 1650, carbs <30g.

ROCKED quads today. I feel a lot better after sleeping a lot last night and replenishing sodium and potassium via sea salt. I'm adding it in slowly noticing the diuretic and ketogenic occurances flushed my electrolytes too much. Explains a lot, stupid me for not thinking of it soon.

Really loving 3Z for sleep - wasnt my magic pill for the overnight shifts but it helped me get back on track today. Hyper T2 is a great thyroid supp - havent had thermogenic feeling like that in a while. It does pair well with Fat Free if you stagger dosage. RPM should hit harder with the preworkout shake. CANT WAIT! Certainly going to see more fullness and better performance out of NeoVar now with more carb intake. I'll take it morning and post workout instead of pre/post.

Going to start taking in more of the little helpes: VitaminC 5g/daily (1,000 with 5 meals), ALCAR, 2g additional Biotin

And lets get HGHUp in the mix!!!
    Franz Kafka
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Hey King, awesome work with you're old coach and maybe you can link up with him. As a general rule of thumb I rarely spend more than a year or two with a given trainer - nothing particularly against them just everyone has new thing to teach me and may have something of a different approach to consider. Same goes for lifting partners. It's like dating... but less homo... I think... Nevermind.
    lol It's like protein. I like woman like I like my protein. They have to smell good and they have to taste good.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I like my women the way I like my protein: smooth with chocolate flavor and easy to get mixed.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I feel so much better with just 130g carbs. It's amazing. Still not getting pumps or real explosive workouts but the quality has improved dramatically. I'm separating carbs from protein with the exception of pre/post meals because I'm trying to ease back into insulin responsiveness. I'll probably stick around 150g carbs through Monday and see what comes about. I'm expecting slight weight gain but will take caliper measurements to confirm where its coming from.
    Franz Kafka
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Hit back and triceps today for maybe 10% higher weight than I have been doing and closer to the high end of my 12-15 rep ranges. Biceps HEAVY tomorrow then rest Sunday. Cardio in AM after my first meal. With that being said I'm thinking to change the fat source to coconut oil... yeah. Makes sense.

I'm debating on going back to NJ tomorrow to visit the family. The hard part is packing for 2 days of food because they eat like typical Americans.
    Franz Kafka
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Hit back and triceps today for maybe 10% higher weight than I have been doing and closer to the high end of my 12-15 rep ranges. Biceps HEAVY tomorrow then rest Sunday. Cardio in AM after my first meal. With that being said I'm thinking to change the fat source to coconut oil... yeah. Makes sense.

I'm debating on going back to NJ tomorrow to visit the family. The hard part is packing for 2 days of food because they eat like typical Americans.
    I'm deff resting Sunday to broski...just buy food at a local grocery store there
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Yo howwedo, someone jacked your AM login and replaced your picture with this huge beast of a man.... wait, WOW!!!

You make me feel like I need to hit biceps and abs today after cardio. F*ck it Im going.

Switched out the peanut butter for coconut oil in oatmeal. Should make better for energy expenditure on both sides of the coin.
    Franz Kafka
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Yo howwedo, someone jacked your AM login and replaced your picture with this huge beast of a man.... wait, WOW!!!

You make me feel like I need to hit biceps and abs today after cardio. F*ck it Im going.

Switched out the peanut butter for coconut oil in oatmeal. Should make better for energy expenditure on both sides of the coin.
    If you want a full body workout come down to Jersey. I'm moving all this weekend lol.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I'll have my car - lets lift heavy objects.
    Franz Kafka
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Decided to stay in the city for the weekend, I want to relax and I'm going to NJ next week for family anyway.

Holy sh*t how much better my lifts have been the last two days!!!! Better sleep, better mentality, glycogen stores although small have helped my workouts become much more explosive and I dont get so drained. Ive been having a hard time lately getting myself to go and I think those overnight shifts really messed me up.

Still keeping to 150g carbs - I want to keep them on the low end through the weekend and see how I react. Gonna make assessments on Monday and from there decide how much to shift. I'm easily putting 10-20% more weight on each exercise and hitting higher reps with better explosiveness.
    Overhead machine press was tiring at 110 last week but I blasted through 140 without fail.
    Upped a plate for shrugs.
    Back up to the 70 for barbell raise.
    Hit front and rear delts like a boss - with energy to rip through alternating non-stop machine preacher curls 4 sets of 25.
    Not done... standing DB curls went up from 20-25 with higher reps... Could I pull off 30's next time? Maybe my strength exists higher than I thought. Either way I feel confident that, even with a diet around 2100, I'm still going to reach the necessary workout intesity I need to succeed.

HIIT after a oatmeal/coconut oil meal works out in my favor.
    Side note: has anyone ever felt a little dizzy or woozy using a thyroid stimulant supp? I think its me just replenishing electrolyte imbalance from hard keto diet but just wondering.
    Franz Kafka
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

I'll have my car - lets lift heavy objects.
    Nah man I was just joking with you. Got a good 75% moved. Dead right now!

Decided to stay in the city for the weekend, I want to relax and I'm going to NJ next week for family anyway.

Holy sh*t how much better my lifts have been the last two days!!!! Better sleep, better mentality, glycogen stores although small have helped my workouts become much more explosive and I dont get so drained. Ive been having a hard time lately getting myself to go and I think those overnight shifts really messed me up.

Still keeping to 150g carbs - I want to keep them on the low end through the weekend and see how I react. Gonna make assessments on Monday and from there decide how much to shift. I'm easily putting 10-20% more weight on each exercise and hitting higher reps with better explosiveness.
    Overhead machine press was tiring at 110 last week but I blasted through 140 without fail.
    Upped a plate for shrugs.
    Back up to the 70 for barbell raise.
    Hit front and rear delts like a boss - with energy to rip through alternating non-stop machine preacher curls 4 sets of 25.
    Not done... standing DB curls went up from 20-25 with higher reps... Could I pull off 30's next time? Maybe my strength exists higher than I thought. Either way I feel confident that, even with a diet around 2100, I'm still going to reach the necessary workout intesity I need to succeed.

HIIT after a oatmeal/coconut oil meal works out in my favor.
    Side note: has anyone ever felt a little dizzy or woozy using a thyroid stimulant supp? I think its me just replenishing electrolyte imbalance from hard keto diet but just wondering.
    What part of Jersey is your family from?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Im from Sussex County up by Mountain Creek. Most of my fathers side lives by Wayne.
    Franz Kafka
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Im from Sussex County up by Mountain Creek. Most of my fathers side lives by Wayne.
    Love me some Mountain Creek in the summer. So many girls in bikini and booty shorts for my viewing pleasure lol. Wayne.. I think that's where the old gym I used to go to was at. Bally on route 22.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas9 View Post
    Love me some Mountain Creek in the summer. So many girls in bikini and booty shorts for my viewing pleasure lol. Wayne.. I think that's where the old gym I used to go to was at. Bally on route 22.
    Oh its lovely - I probably know 3/4s of them lol. If the lost their top it wouldnt matter they just keep on walking.
    Maybe... my old gym was right off the parkway on exit 148.

Gonna get Chest and abs in today so I can take tomorrow off. I'm the early shift this week (6:15-2:15) so I'll have all afternoon to relax and get things done. I'm training my youth group today, I'll try to get some pictures up. I got this one Dominican kid he's 17 and looks better than I do!
    Franz Kafka
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

So instead of my original NJ plans I decided to be something of a hermit. Sleep, eat, lift, cook, and fix my apartment. I'm rather nomadic so I never put much effort into making a "home" but I went in hard on making my space personal. Got myself a new desk, some pictures, put up black out curtains, new sheets, and rearranged my entire closet. I feel accomplished.

I look much better now. So much better. Still kinda flat and soft but it's OK - the return to form is drastic and I'm no longer questioning my ability to get in shape 2 weeks out. I had some energy today! Went in at 1230 to hit back/triceps/and abs. After the Bears blow out over Jags I still felt energized and snuck in some traps and calves... and 10m on the bike! I was dripping sweat from the bike, no idea why.

I'm the early shift this week (6:15-2:15) so im going to bed early. Gotta be up by 5 the latest - I'll have my first meal at work.
    Diet was perfection:
    Meal 1 - 1/2c oatmeal, 1tbsp coconut oil w/cinnamon and cocoa (insulin mimicking) - parachute 200mg berberine 30m prior
    20 min HIIT
    Meal 2 - 2sc dymatize whey, 2sc Karbolyn
    WORKOUT (BACK/TRI/ABS)
    Meal 3 - 6oz ahi tuna steak, 1/2c brown rice and some veggies
    ^Sat and ate at the gym watching the giants game. I miss grubbing down at the gym postworkout.
    Meal 4 - 4tbsp almond butter... because I felt like it.
    Meal 5 - 1/2 curry quinoa, 2tbsp peanut butter (200mg berberine prior)
    WORKOUT (TRAPS/CALVES)
    Meal 6 - 4oz chicken, some salad greens 1tbsp olive oil and some apple cider vinegar

Also 1,000mg vitamin C with every meal. Still dosing Fat Free and Hyper T 2 staggered. Noticing how much better Drive effects a workout when taken WITH RPM but I cant take it on an empty stomach. I need something in my system.
    Franz Kafka
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Weight increases for today by comparison:
    Lat pull down: 100-->120
    Low row: 90 -->140 (Woah)
    Lying T-bar: 45 --> 55 --> 85
    Tricep Rope Pushdown (extending hands): 30-->50

Also did a 4x10 circuit on the row machine switching hand positions to burn out as the last exercise and overhead barbell tricep press. Then a big ab circuit.
    Here's one of the teen's I train. He's only 17 but lifting for a bit with his step father. he's used to going real heavy so putting him at 10-12 reps was hard for him to break the all out heavy weight mentality.
    He wants to get into a Teen division. He's got some work to do.

Went down to my joke of a fitness center in my apt complex and did 8 sets of DB shrugs and 6 sets of calve press. Just because I felt like it.
    Franz Kafka
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

^^^ pictures are not working.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas9
    ^^^ pictures are not working.
    This ^^^^ broski
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Name:  IMAG0574.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  84.6 KBName:  IMAG0578.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  54.1 KBName:  IMAG0579.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  87.2 KBName:  IMAG0580[1].JPG
Views: 83
Size:  74.2 KB
    Franz Kafka
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.

The kid looks pretty good. Keep at him.
    I've got an 11 yr old that is just dying to get in the gym with me. I let him do pull-ups, push-ups and situps, but that is about it for another yr or two.

jdg76
    team APPNUT
    Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Agreed. I don't like working with kids any earlier than 14-15.

Head hurts a little not sure why, I think its how I slept. I popped my night capper (3Z/HGHUp) and forgot my bed sheets were still in the dryer. I just grabbed a blanket and made due.
    Franz Kafka
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

agree with jdg76 too young. I would let me kids get in there with me once they hit 7 or 8th grade

He already looks good for 17 Shadow, great job on your part.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

He's got some work to do. The other one could win tomorrow and now his brother's training too. They're 17 and 18.

Not lifting today. Just cardio - 45m on the bike and some abs. I wanna relax to watch the Jets game and be ready to blow out chest/biceps tomorrow.
    Franz Kafka
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

<---- In case you were curious about what my back taper looks like. I got a waist like Frank Zane.

25 m cardio light run on the treadmill 6.0 speed no incline. Did my high rep calves and some lunges and leg press.

Sweating like crazy! Putting HyperT2 in he afternoon was a brilliant idea. Hopefully I can sleep.
    Franz Kafka
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

<---- In case you were curious about what my back taper looks like. I got a waist like Frank Zane.

25 m cardio light run on the treadmill 6.0 speed no incline. Did my high rep calves and some lunges and leg press.

Sweating like crazy! Putting HyperT2 in he afternoon was a brilliant idea. Hopefully I can sleep.
    No need to show off and compare yourself to the greatest =P. While I'm in the last 2 weeks of bulking and looking like a sumo wrestler.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Swoop, subbed, good luck dude
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni
    Swoop, subbed, good luck dude
    Thanks sir. Good to see you back in the neighborhood.
    Franz Kafka
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

ive been around, lurking here and there. I just don't post all the time anymore.. working a full time job + school, you know
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

No doubt. Gotta do work, get it done.

For those who have competed: ever get that feeling like 3-4 weeks out like "I don't wanna do this... I'm not gonna be ready".
    Yeah, that's me right now. It always happens, I think it's a good sign in some ways.

Chest and biceps today. My chest workout wasn't spectacular but biceps were awesome. Upping cardio to 25m and prior to lift. Right now I'm doing cradio immediately before my workout which may explain poor performance on the bench press. Although numbers have gone up since adjusting diet.

Tomorrow is rest day. Low carb (<50g) but made better by alll daaaayy STEAK AND EGGS! Love it.
    Going to go over my routine, mandatories, take some pictures and run the numbers to see where were at. That's good - I need convincing about the above statement. Still gonna do cardio but cals will be a bit lower. Today was solid: 2150 = 128c/100f/170p. A little off, kind of had to make due with cottage cheese on not having food prepared. I should know better, I know.
    Franz Kafka
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:05 PM