Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

Page 10 of 13 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    At least practice your posing for 30-45 minutes. That will provide some cardio and muscle stimulation. I've done that for past preps when my scheduled workouts suddenly weren't an option.
    Great idea! Find a good spot maybe it'll get me hooked up with one of the young docs or nurses here. Yeah buddy!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

Great idea! Find a good spot maybe it'll get me hooked up with one of the young docs or nurses here. Yeah buddy!
    Atta boy! Kill two birds with one stone!
    •   

3. I wonder if physical therapy would let me use some of their equipment. A light workout is better than no workout.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

4. Damn man rough time with the emergency at work! Hope everything works out for you though!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

5. Completely forgot about the idea of walking down the street to a supermarket to get food. Place wasnt chaotic but it wasy real busy. Bought some prepackagaed tuna and mackerel, macadamia nut oil, salad greens and went on my way. Picked up an extra days worth. But food (like everything else) in Manhattan is sooooo expensive!
    Franz Kafka

6. Glad you seem to be working it all out. Kinda scary there for a few, I'm sure!!

O/T question- what do a lot of ppl that live in NYC think about the new ban on large soft drinks??

7. Damn dude where do you work that they'd ask you to stay overnight like that? Haha, honestly two Weeks out I'd probably tell them to go **** themselves and go home to my cozy bed and disgusting tilapia

8. I made the dumb mistake of going into healthcare which is a 24/7 industry. Trying to change fields not gonna hide it. I told them no. They get it, they see me daily and have watched me go through it in the past so have an idea of what's going on. Someone said "Oh you're young you can handle it" and someone else backed me up because she knows the deal.

As for the soda law: it was 50/50 on opinions at first. A lot of people, self included, believed its a violation of freedom like "Who are you to tell me what I can drink?" Which is true. But overtime people started supporting it because its pretty clear we have a big issue but the law was written sloppy. The thing is we have such a huge variety of people views are far and wide. People who don't like it are generally overweight already, lower income, less health conscious *cough cough Bronx cough BedStuy*. People who do support it are sick of paying their health care costs. It's too bad they couldn't set it up like they did with cigarettes taxed so high its $13/pack: you can smoke all you want but you'll pay a premium. Smokers in NYC are at an all time low. Not a lot of people smoke.
    Franz Kafka

9. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I made the dumb mistake of going into healthcare which is a 24/7 industry. Trying to change fields not gonna hide it. I told them no. They get it, they see me daily and have watched me go through it in the past so have an idea of what's going on. Someone said "Oh you're young you can handle it" and someone else backed me up because she knows the deal.As for the soda law: it was 50/50 on opinions at first. A lot of people, self included, believed its a violation of freedom like "Who are you to tell me what I can drink?" Which is true. But overtime people started supporting it because its pretty clear we have a big issue but the law was written sloppy. The thing is we have such a huge variety of people views are far and wide. People who don't like it are generally overweight already, lower income, less health conscious *cough cough Bronx cough BedStuy*. People who do support it are sick of paying their health care costs. It's too bad they couldn't set it up like they did with cigarettes taxed so high its $13/pack: you can smoke all you want but you'll pay a premium. Smokers in NYC are at an all time low. Not a lot of people smoke.
    You can stay in Healthcare, just do something like me and go into Physcial Therapy. Monday-Friday days. jdg76Team APPNUT
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

Libido is up from Free Test and the nudez that JD76 sent him.
    Do you have to be in Pre-contest to get teh nudz?
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    You can stay in Healthcare, just do something like me and go into Physcial Therapy. Monday-Friday days. jdg76Team APPNUT
    Thought about it. It's an option. I'd like to do something more administrative like Publich Health or Epidemiology. I also really enjoy nutritional/metabolic sciences so I think of going the RD route into sports nutrition. Zero interest in MD/RN. One thing for certain is I want out of the non-profit sector. In the mean time I have Bodies Made Fit (my personal training company) building it's works with promises. Thankfully other people have been picking up for me while I'm prepping.

OH! Forgot to mention!
    Last night I was able to run home for a few hours, pack some meals, and get a quick leg workout in and a 20m jog. The fitness center in my apt complex is minimal but I made due to hit leg extension, smythe squats, seated leg press, hamstring curls, calve press and calve raises. So I did get to beat myself up a bit. Hooray.

I haven't done real squats in a while - mostly icarus and hack. Felt great and I miss it although my glutes were real tight after.
    Franz Kafka

12. gotta love glute pumps

13. Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    gotta love glute pumps
    LMAO!!!
    Franz Kafka

14. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Thought about it. It's an option. I'd like to do something more administrative like Publich Health or Epidemiology. I also really enjoy nutritional/metabolic sciences so I think of going the RD route into sports nutrition. Zero interest in MD/RN. One thing for certain is I want out of the non-profit sector. In the mean time I have Bodies Made Fit (my personal training company) building it's works with promises. Thankfully other people have been picking up for me while I'm prepping.

OH! Forgot to mention!
    Last night I was able to run home for a few hours, pack some meals, and get a quick leg workout in and a 20m jog. The fitness center in my apt complex is minimal but I made due to hit leg extension, smythe squats, seated leg press, hamstring curls, calve press and calve raises. So I did get to beat myself up a bit. Hooray.

I haven't done real squats in a while - mostly icarus and hack. Felt great and I miss it although my glutes were real tight after.
    It's good that you were able to squeeze in a workout and more importantly get good food from home. Last thing you need 2 weeks before your show is to live out of a hospital cafeteria or even worse, vending machines.

15. Well I had a voucher for dinner and spoke with the chef on making me tilapia to order. Worked out fine. Saved me a meal.
    Franz Kafka

16. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Well I had a voucher for dinner and spoke with the chef on making me tilapia to order. Worked out fine. Saved me a meal.

Figured they would try and accommodate you.

Watching your city on the news right now....hope everyone stay's safe.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q

Figured they would try and accommodate you.

Watching your city on the news right now....hope everyone stay's safe.
    That crane is scary! Were unaffected for now, my apt is down by where Con Ed shut power.... Uh oh.

If it really came down to it ill just not eat. Id rather fast for a day.
    Franz Kafka

18. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

That crane is scary! Were unaffected for now, my apt is down by where Con Ed shut power.... Uh oh.

If it really came down to it ill just not eat. Id rather fast for a day.
    How are you feeling man, about one week out now??

19. 10 days. It crossed my mind that this show might not happen for me after this situation. Trying as best I can to hold a diet. Practicing posing in the bathroom mirrors, doing any kind of body weight isometric exercise I can do to get some stimulation.

I had means to go for a run before work in the morning. I was thinking to go to central park but, at 5AM when its still dark, getting mugged wasn't on my to-do list. So I created a HIIT routine: Sprint between avenues (about 10s) rest 30s while crossing the street. Did this about 16 times.

I'm pretty far under calories: I calculated today only being about 1600 . All fish, macadamia nut oil, and leafy greens. But....

I GOT TO GO HOME!!!
    All the bridges are open and buses are running now. So a co-worker drove me home. I got to get a chest and bicep lift in with some cardio, felt great to hit it. Unfortunately subways are down for another week or so which means I have few options on getting back over the bridge. I'll have to take a taxi to work tomorrow but I could care less, they're picking up the bill. Unfortunately, I may have to stay overnight again tomorrow if they can't get new people to come in and cover me.

New discovery: if you have a hard time getting into cardio mentally, drop 2 Black Cats and you're good to go. When i got home I had a hard time motivating myself to get up again but that really got me going and I did an extra 10min.
    Franz Kafka

20. Don't stress over what it's hard to control with training/cardio. I think it was 2 weeks out? My mom suffered a heart attack, training & cardio suffered as did my diet (I didn't binge unjust didn't eat!) stressing will just make it worse. You're going to do well my friend, almost there!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

21. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    10 days. It crossed my mind that this show might not happen for me after this situation. Trying as best I can to hold a diet. Practicing posing in the bathroom mirrors, doing any kind of body weight isometric exercise I can do to get some stimulation.

I had means to go for a run before work in the morning. I was thinking to go to central park but, at 5AM when its still dark, getting mugged wasn't on my to-do list. So I created a HIIT routine: Sprint between avenues (about 10s) rest 30s while crossing the street. Did this about 16 times.

I'm pretty far under calories: I calculated today only being about 1600 . All fish, macadamia nut oil, and leafy greens. But....

I GOT TO GO HOME!!!
    All the bridges are open and buses are running now. So a co-worker drove me home. I got to get a chest and bicep lift in with some cardio, felt great to hit it. Unfortunately subways are down for another week or so which means I have few options on getting back over the bridge. I'll have to take a taxi to work tomorrow but I could care less, they're picking up the bill. Unfortunately, I may have to stay overnight again tomorrow if they can't get new people to come in and cover me.

New discovery: if you have a hard time getting into cardio mentally, drop 2 Black Cats and you're good to go. When i got home I had a hard time motivating myself to get up again but that really got me going and I did an extra 10min.

Nice OS. Things are/will fall into place. You don't have long now, just keep at it. Looks like you are still doing what you can,which remembering how I felt at this stage, it shows a lot that you are still mentally in it and figuring out ways to get sh!t done!
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

22. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Don't stress over what it's hard to control with training/cardio. I think it was 2 weeks out? My mom suffered a heart attack, training & cardio suffered as did my diet (I didn't binge unjust didn't eat!) stressing will just make it worse. You're going to do well my friend, almost there!
    I'm sorry to hear that. At first I was stressing then saw an article about Obama and the election being disrupted and told myself it could be worse - you could be the president fighting for your job. Things happen unexpectedly and we do the best we can to keep moving life doesn't slow down because a curveball came crashing though.

Update: 149.2lbs and looking LEAN!

Gonna do some cardio and pack up for work. Cooked plenty of tilapia and salmon last night to last me the next two days should I have to stay again. There's a gym uptown I can use after work so I will resume as necessary.
    Franz Kafka

23. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    10 days. It crossed my mind that this show might not happen for me after this situation. Trying as best I can to hold a diet. Practicing posing in the bathroom mirrors, doing any kind of body weight isometric exercise I can do to get some stimulation.

I GOT TO GO HOME!!!

Nice to hear things are back up and running!! I'm sure I missed this but are you on zero carbs right now??

24. Your gonna kill this show! That tilapia will do its job drying you out. You got all of us here and yourself backing you. There's no way you can fail! Do work!

25. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Nice to hear things are back up and running!! I'm sure I missed this but are you on zero carbs right now??
    Not quite yet but its <50g/day from one meal of quinoa and blueberries in the AM. Cut them out completely on Friday then begin full depletion circuit training with some MCT intake. Still normal water intake with some salting of food to about 2-2.5g/day and 1.5-2gal/day.

I get looks in the gym while I pose in the locker room. The light is better there and I just finished a workout I wanna take a look... deal with it.

Shoulders:
    Machine Overhead Press: 175x4x12/12/10/8
    DB Lateral Raise: 20x15, 25x15x2, 30x12 (thought to attempt 35 but knew it would be sloppy)
    BB Raise: 60x4x15
    BB Front Delt Raise: 35x4x20
    Machine Shrugs: 180x4x15
    Seated DB Press: 35x15, 40x2x15, 45x10
    Abdominal circuit and 20m jog at 6.5speed

So it crossed my mind this morning that Atlantic City is in shambles. I wonder if the show will happen! I emailed the promoter about it but haven't heard anything. I'm going to continue moving forward until I hear otherwise. Transportation will be running again tomorrow... kind of. So at least I can train at my usual ghetto gym and meet with my crew.
    Franz Kafka

26. Random carb depleted rant:
    Someone walks into the lab today all flustered and swearing about how rough a morning she had. Another coworker says "Yeah, well all had it rough." And that ruffled her feathers a little more. Later I ask about her morning so she could vent and hear maybe she's had some difficulties. While some of us are stuck sleeping in offices, trees fallen on houses, fires, property damage, boats floating to streets or entire neighborhoods demolished... Your morning was made so difficult because you had no hot water or electric but you just HAD to have coffee and a hot shower in the morning or you can't survive?!?!?! Life is so hard. God forbid you take a cold shower one day. Be thankful you still have a roof over your head and a car to drive. I kept my mouth shut.
    Franz Kafka

27. Hopefully your show will go on. My friend was supposed to compete this weekend in the Eastern USA Championships (Tribecca Art Center) and it has been moved to Nov 18th.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q
    Hopefully your show will go on. My friend was supposed to compete this weekend in the Eastern USA Championships (Tribecca Art Center) and it has been moved to Nov 18th.
    Yup I was psyched to go.
    Franz Kafka

29. Just heard form the promoter that we're still on for the show! Eases my mind in some ways, tenses it up in others. So my half dead bicep/tricep workout wasnt for nothing. 1 week left....
    Franz Kafka

30. E****lent news Organic!! Now you can keep on keeping on!!!

The friend that I posted about earlier (that competed last weekend) was supposed to compete this weekend in NYC but since it was postponed he now has to diet for 3 more weeks!! Good thing that didn't happen to you!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 06:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:05 AM