Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. Yeah Organic the reason you look "softer" is because you're depleted. Don't worry about that now, if your trainer suggests you keep depleting, do it, that way you'll get leaner. Then when you carb up you'll be dry and full, just like you said.


  2. Yup. It messes with my head a bit but I feel better that I'm figuring it out on what I'll need each day upcoming. Almost on the 2 week mark so you know what that means...

    TIME TO GO FISHING!!!!
    Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  42.1 KB
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   
       


  3. Big day today

    20m bike ride fasted AM cardio
    1/2c oatmeal w/ 100g blueberries, 1 sc elite gourmet whey, 4 caps FreeTest/NeoVar
    4oz turkey breast and some salad greens and apple cider vinegar
    2sc isopure whey, 4 caps RPM
    LEGS!!!
    Icarus Press Reverse: 270x4x15 <Blasted through this, great mind to muscle connection
    Hack Squat: 165x4x15 <This does wonders for my glutes, not as heavy as I can do but I wanted the higher rep count doing 4 sets
    Leg Press: 270x4x15
    Iso-Hamstring Curl Alternating: 40x4x15 non stop <I was almost dizzy after this
    Lying Hamstring Curl: 60x4x15/15/14/13 <Same flushed feeling
    Standing Calve Press: 80x20, 90x15, 100x2x15 < The plates were getting stuck so I just upped the weight
    Seated Calve Press: Pump 30s, rest 45, repeat 4 times (T.U.T.)
    20m walk 10%incline, 3.2speed
    4oz turkey, 1/2c white kidney beans, 1/2c brown rice, 4 caps NeoVar/Liver40
    4oz chicken, 1/2c mashed cauliflower, 1/2oz almonds
    4tbsp natural peanut butter

    2074cal = 140g carbs, 82g fats, 198g protein. Been high on protein lately but it's shown to be for the better. Looked good today, tomorrow may go either way. I'm keeping blueberries and white kidney beans in. Switching to all fish on Friday. Taking apple cider vinegar at least 3x a day and at least 2c green tea. Almost hit 2gal water today.

    I am sooooo tired. It's incredible. Got through my workout OK but it took effort. Took a midday nap and had to cancel plans with a girl I met last week. She called me a flake, I guess I deserved that. Prep dieting and being single do not coexist well.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  4. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Big day today

    20m bike ride fasted AM cardio
    1/2c oatmeal w/ 100g blueberries, 1 sc elite gourmet whey, 4 caps FreeTest/NeoVar
    4oz turkey breast and some salad greens and apple cider vinegar
    2sc isopure whey, 4 caps RPM
    LEGS!!!
    Icarus Press Reverse: 270x4x15 <Blasted through this, great mind to muscle connection
    Hack Squat: 165x4x15 <This does wonders for my glutes, not as heavy as I can do but I wanted the higher rep count doing 4 sets
    Leg Press: 270x4x15
    Iso-Hamstring Curl Alternating: 40x4x15 non stop <I was almost dizzy after this
    Lying Hamstring Curl: 60x4x15/15/14/13 <Same flushed feeling
    Standing Calve Press: 80x20, 90x15, 100x2x15 < The plates were getting stuck so I just upped the weight
    Seated Calve Press: Pump 30s, rest 45, repeat 4 times (T.U.T.)
    20m walk 10%incline, 3.2speed
    4oz turkey, 1/2c white kidney beans, 1/2c brown rice, 4 caps NeoVar/Liver40
    4oz chicken, 1/2c mashed cauliflower, 1/2oz almonds
    4tbsp natural peanut butter

    2074cal = 140g carbs, 82g fats, 198g protein. Been high on protein lately but it's shown to be for the better. Looked good today, tomorrow may go either way. I'm keeping blueberries and white kidney beans in. Switching to all fish on Friday. Taking apple cider vinegar at least 3x a day and at least 2c green tea. Almost hit 2gal water today.

    I am sooooo tired. It's incredible. Got through my workout OK but it took effort. Took a midday nap and had to cancel plans with a girl I met last week. She called me a flake, I guess I deserved that. Prep dieting and being single do not coexist well.
    You are doing great man. The level of detail in your log is impressive. Its one thing to follow along when someone wants to drop a few lbs. or build a little muscle. Contest prep is a whole different animal. Keep up the great work!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    I am sooooo tired. It's incredible. Got through my workout OK but it took effort. Took a midday nap and had to cancel plans with a girl I met last week. She called me a flake, I guess I deserved that. Prep dieting and being single do not coexist well.
    The average person let alone the average girl doesn't have a clue what it takes to do contest prep. If you're currently single, wait to do any dating until after the show. Also, frees you up to mac on any chicks at the show. You've got to ease the girl into the BB lifestyle.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    And your new avi is getting me jacked up for biceps today!!!

    I've been lifting on my own the last few days and sending over excel sheets. We meet for posing practice mostly now. I know what I need to do in the gym and just rely on that "third eye" to tell me what to change up. Makes both our lives easier so I can lift when/where I want and he can pick up where I'm slacking in business. Time for legs. Peace.

    Photo shopped!! Glad I could inspire you!!

    That is a lot of fish- Tilapia ?? I was talking to someone tonight and he has been eating nothing but Tilapia for the last 2 weeks ( main meat source) and said he's skin is getting thinner and his body is making changes. Might need to incorporate that in my diet soon as well!!

    Looks like you had a killer leg w/out and a nice carb up day, I bet you will be feeling fine and dandy by tomorrow. Nice detailed log so far....

  7. Yup 2 weeks out and all fish to help peel off anything left. Tilapia and salmon, I have tuna (both canned and steak) already. I'll get some cod, too. I tried flounder, not worth it. I had eggs this morning but I'll drop them and any other whey besides IsoPure next week.

    Slept 9 hours, so much for AM cardio... just gotta put it all post workout :/
    I woke up mid sleep kinda hungry - so to try and trick myself I just munched on a couple pieces of broccoli.

    It's a catch 22 - you look great but can't do anything about it. lol. I don't ask people to understand, I just tell them they don't and it's OK. Although I haven't gotten the "You can eat it, go ahead, you look good you can spare it."
    That makes me wanna slap bitches.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  8. Taking Hyper T2 and sitting at work bored is not a good combo I want to get up and move I feel myself in an energetic state. Ahh
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  9. Doing good man. Hang in there, just a few more weeks!

    jdg76
    team APPNUT
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    Doing good man. Hang in there, just a few more weeks!

    jdg76
    team APPNUT
    Yeah, you have made it this far and we know you are going to just keep improving up until the show. That's a lot of fish, but a smart idea. I eat a lot of grilled salmon but want to change it up. I was thinking of getting some Tilapia next time. How do you prepare it?

  11. The all fish helps shed off any extra wet weight because of its light texture and high BV. Unlike chicken which is slower to digest and causes water retention. In about 2 weeks I'm going to hate everything about tilapia. Gonna stay easy on the tuna - we try our best to pick the right ones but mercury is still an issue with high intake. 2 weeks out.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  12. Past two lifts: reinstated my NYSC membership for convenience and I almost miss it... Almost.

    Thursday Back/Abs
    Close grip cable row: 110x20, 120x4x15/15/13/12
    Lat Pull Down: 110x15/12 100x2x14<dunno what happened just wasn't feeling it
    Iso Lat Machine: 70x4x15 alternating< never done this machine before but I dig it. Maintaining good posture is imperative.
    Bent Over Row DB: 55x15, 60x3x15
    Dead Lifts: 185x12, 225x8/8/6 <Haven't done these in a while! Felt great.

    Abdominal circuit and a long one. Not posting it but it was about 10motions 20reps each and 4sets. Dead
    30m treadmill

    Friday- Bis/Tris
    Standing BB Curl: 45x3x20, 65x2x10 <I wanted to go heavier!
    Standing Hammer Curl: 35x4x15 <I like how I'm looking now and it inspires me to keep truckin.
    Machine Preacher:50 x 4x15/15/13/14 < This ones too fancy for me with the oval pivot piece and adjustable resistance thing.
    Reverse Cable Curls: 80x4x20

    Reverse Cable Pushdowns:110x15, 120x3x15
    Outside pronated grip cable pushdown: 90x15, 100x15/12/12/13
    Machine Dips: 130x15/13/12/10
    Skullcrushers:60x4x15 super set 10 close grip pushups
    Overhead DB Press: 70x14/12/12/10

    I noticed why I went higher weight on the cables is because they have six wheels in the cable system. It wasn't designed for pushing heavier weight but it gave me a false sense of strength. Torque was next to nothing. Just adjust the weight and keep pushing. Cardio was done in the AM.

    This is by far the most vascular I have ever been! Hyper T2/Fat Free has been a serious day incinerator but the stims are a lot. Almost done with FF but ill run Hyper till the show. Im tempted to up the Free Test does to 6 caps (4 am, 2 pm). Still tanning 3x/week. OsteoSport did game away from the joint clicks and minor aches, thankfully. Looking leaner each passing day but weight won't budge from the 153 range. Sometimes up to 154 or down just below to 152.6. Haven't calculated BF in a while. Photos and numbers hopefully this weekend if the storm doesn't rip through too hard. Libido keeps climbing. Still not tight and dry just yet but that will pull together when time comes, not so worried I just can't dwell on it.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  13. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Yup 2 weeks out and all fish to help peel off anything left. Tilapia and salmon, I have tuna (both canned and steak) already. I'll get some cod, too. I tried flounder, not worth it. I had eggs this morning but I'll drop them and any other whey besides IsoPure next week.

    Slept 9 hours, so much for AM cardio... just gotta put it all post workout :/
    I woke up mid sleep kinda hungry - so to try and trick myself I just munched on a couple pieces of broccoli.

    It's a catch 22 - you look great but can't do anything about it. lol. I don't ask people to understand, I just tell them they don't and it's OK. Although I haven't gotten the "You can eat it, go ahead, you look good you can spare it."
    That makes me wanna slap bitches.

    You should do that!!

    Your almost there man!!!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    It's a catch 22 - you look great but can't do anything about it. lol. I don't ask people to understand, I just tell them they don't and it's OK. Although I haven't gotten the "You can eat it, go ahead, you look good you can spare it."
    That makes me wanna slap bitches.
    Try prepping with people who are all 30-100lbs over weight (everyone I work with)

    Smacking would have been kind compared to the verbal thrashing I could have given some people, where's my award? Lol.

    There's a video on YouTube with animations, something like "I wanna be a bodybuilder" it's pretty funny and also pretty true kinda mocks dating a bodybuilder.

    Keep on track brotha, women can wait. Like others said, there will be lovely ladies there. Nothing better than a gal who's into fitness, she's hot & doesn't nag for our "stupid" habits :-D

    Good luck.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  15. So I'm trying to find ways of hitting my macros in different "to go" meals easily eaten and transported. I have the idea of tuna salad or salmon salad using mayo and break up some broccoli and celery for texture/bulk. Any thoughts on using Omega-3 Mayo? I could always make aioli (olive oil mayonnaise) or use sesame oil (I respond well to sesame) but the process is so tedious!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  16. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    So I'm trying to find ways of hitting my macros in different "to go" meals easily eaten and transported. I have the idea of tuna salad or salmon salad using mayo and break up some broccoli and celery for texture/bulk. Any thoughts on using Omega-3 Mayo? I could always make aioli (olive oil mayonnaise) or use sesame oil (I respond well to sesame) but the process is so tedious!
    They sell olive oil Mayo in a lot of places. I've never tried omega 3 Mayo but would assume it to be unnecessary considering the amount of fish you're eating.

  17. True. To me it doesn't matter where your fats come from but a quota should be met on the omegas while keeping AA down. Well, I gotta go shopping. I got home and just sank into my couch - I'm trying to find the drive to get on the bike. The more I think about it, the more I think I should just give myself the day off.

    Hey Leonidas... I might be moving back to NJ. I'll know on Monday.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  18. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    True. To me it doesn't matter where your fats come from but a quota should be met on the omegas while keeping AA down. Well, I gotta go shopping. I got home and just sank into my couch - I'm trying to find the drive to get on the bike. The more I think about it, the more I think I should just give myself the day off.

    Hey Leonidas... I might be moving back to NJ. I'll know on Monday.
    Well I don't necessarily care where any of my macros come from as long as I meet them :wink:


  19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well I don't necessarily care where any of my macros come from as long as I meet them :wink:

    Outside competition prep I'm with you there! Maybe I'm just sticking with an older mentality but dietary choices do matter coming to show time - until someone enlightens me otherwise and eases my mind about the little things.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  20. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Outside competition prep I'm with you there! Maybe I'm just sticking with an older mentality but dietary choices do matter coming to show time - until someone enlightens me otherwise and eases my mind about the little things.
    Nope. In prep, little things matter
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  21. It's the fine tuning of the machine for maximum performance. I hate comparing myself to a machine but its a good analogy. Thanks.

    DW - any thoughts on the Smart Balance Omega Mayo?
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  22. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Outside competition prep I'm with you there! Maybe I'm just sticking with an older mentality but dietary choices do matter coming to show time - until someone enlightens me otherwise and eases my mind about the little things.
    I agree that the small things do matter at this stage. You have put so much into this that now is not the time to tinker around too much. Go with tried and true staples.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Nope. In prep, little things matter
    I totally agree, but I will never be in contest prep :wink:

  24. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    It's the fine tuning of the machine for maximum performance. I hate comparing myself to a machine but its a good analogy. Thanks.

    DW - any thoughts on the Smart Balance Omega Mayo?
    2 weeks out right?

    I'd just go with extra virgin olive oil and pepper. Winning is not about taste, it's about looking your best, know what I mean? Macadamia Oil is another option.

    When your show is over you can eat anything you want man. Keep your eye on the prize brotha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    2 weeks out right?

    I'd just go with extra virgin olive oil and pepper. Winning is not about taste, it's about looking your best, know what I mean? Macadamia Oil is another option.

    When your show is over you can eat anything you want man. Keep your eye on the prize brotha
    How did your show go? (Assuming it already happened)
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Log in
Log in