How much should i bulk?

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.91%

How much should i bulk?

16 years old and 5'5 weighting 150lbs at 14% bodyfat.

How much should I bulk and how many pounds per month?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

1lb per week at a 3500 calorie surplus every week
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.91%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    1lb per week at a 3500 calorie surplus every week
    I Always thought 2lbs was good. Aight but till how much. 180LBS?? 170? I'm going to cut afterwards so please suggest
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

you can go 2lbs but you will need a 1000 calorie surplus everyday and could lead to fat gain vs muscle gain, you can bulk for however long you want, nobody can tell you when to stop but if you start gaining excess fat the drop your calories down or decide if its time to cut
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.91%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    you can go 2lbs but you will need a 1000 calorie surplus everyday and could lead to fat gain vs muscle gain, you can bulk for however long you want, nobody can tll you when to stop but if you start gaining excess fat the drop your calories down or decide if its time to cut
    I already have exsessive fat. Should I just keep bulking at 1lb-1.5lb till 180 and then cut to 170-175? Oh and IF or just regualar meals
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Aim for 2-2.5 lbs a month IMO. IF protocol is what I follow, increase cals slowly, bulk until you are happy. Don't let someone tell you how to tune your body, we all do this because we love what we do, we love to mold and shape our bodys and watch it change. Train for your goals, research how to diet and train correctly, you're young so it would be great to start now.

You can only really gain 2 lbs of LBM a month, maybe a little more if you are new to lifting, and even less if you are experienced. Take it slow and good luck.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Aim for 2-2.5 lbs a month IMO. IF protocol is what I follow, increase cals slowly, bulk until you are happy. Don't let someone tell you how to tune your body, we all do this because we love what we do, we love to mold and shape our bodys and watch it change. Train for your goals, research how to diet and train correctly, you're young so it would be great to start now.

You can only really gain 2 lbs of LBM a month, maybe a little more if you are new to lifting, and even less if you are experienced. Take it slow and good luck.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18

Oh the 25lbs of muscle a year deal?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Oh the 25lbs of muscle a year deal?
    I'm just saying, theres alot of bulkers out there that eat pizza every day and think they are putting on 6-8 lbs every month lol.
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18

I'm just saying, theres alot of bulkers out there that eat pizza every day and think they are putting on 6-8 lbs every month lol.
    Totally agreed.
    There's good weight and bad weight....

w/o "help" (anabolics) people won't "blow up", so though your statements sounds accurate.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Totally agreed.
    There's good weight and bad weight....

w/o "help" (anabolics) people won't "blow up", so though your statements sounds accurate.
    Yeah, anabolics as well all know will speed up the process. He is 16 though, so please don't get any ideas! Lol
  12. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by SquatOrTwat View Post
    16 years old and 5'5 weighting 150lbs at 14% bodyfat.

How much should I bulk and how many pounds per month?
    Here is a rationality check - don't ever bulk!

You are 16. Keep eating right and do not gain fat. Puberty is going to kick in hard real soon. Don't blow it by getting over fattened thinking you are "bulking up".
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

Quote Originally Posted by SquatOrTwat View Post
    I already have exsessive fat. Should I just keep bulking at 1lb-1.5lb till 180 and then cut to 170-175? Oh and IF or just regualar meals
    Id agree with 1lb or less p/week. Even less would be recommended. Scale weight doesnt reflect body compostition, so dont get fat thinking your getting swole.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.48%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Here is a rationality check - don't ever bulk!

You are 16. Keep eating right and do not gain fat. Puberty is going to kick in hard real soon. Don't blow it by getting over fattened thinking you are "bulking up".
    100% agree. Eat clean, lift, sleep, and let it happen. I made the biggest gains from 16-20. It just took patience and consistency.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.5%

At 16 you're probably still in highschool, are you on amy teams? I am a junior in college and have been lifting seriously since I was a sophmore. So I remember how hard it can be to follow a diet, and schedule it in. The first thing I would recommend is shoot for 1lb lean gain a week. Don't get sloppy eating whatever you want, keep it clean and at around 3800 calories, or if youre on a sports team 4500.
    The diet I used and put on decent size was similar to the one Ill lay out. I know it'll be tough to do, but here was my diet off season, and bare in mind I lived alone during my junior and senior years of highschool and cooked all my meals (and you may have to too):
    8:45 five eggs (three whole two white)
    11:00 two pbjs on whole wheat (prepacked)
    1:05 whatever the cafeteria is serving
    2:35 Two turkey sandwiches pre packed.
    5:00 Leftovers from night before
    7:00 Dinner for that night.
    I would go to bed at ten usually.
    PWO whey protein and recon by muscle pharm
    Tips:
    I have always been a heavy eater, but have found out it's easier to eat this way and stay a little hungry after each meal so that by the next one I'm starving.
    DRINK WATER! I mean a gallon a day is what your minimum should be. I mean don't over hydrate just carry a nalgene with you to class and use the water fountains to fill it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much should I lose
    By Doug8796 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
  3. how much should I be eating?
    By getjacked63 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:39 PM
  4. How much should i expect
    By sooner999 in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:30 PM
  5. what and how much should i stock up on??
    By cpd32 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 11:45 AM