Need some advice

BallisLove

Awards
Im 16 (new to site) and in need of some tips to get more muscle. I lift every other day (mostly). Currently im focused on upper body only due to surgery on my knee earlier this summer so i cant do legs. Even though i workout quite a bit i cant seem to get muscle. Any tips on if i should break up my upper body workouts in to different areas on different days or just mix up my workout? My current workout is
Bench press-110lbs 3 sets of 6
Tricep extension- 55lb (using curling bar) 3 sets of 6-7
Bicep curl- 55lb (curling bar) 3 sets of 8
Incline dumbbell bench press- 35lb 3 sets of 6
Dumbbell shoulder press- 30lb 3 sets of 8
Lat. pulldown- 85lbs 3 sets of 8
Seated row-65 lbs 3 sets of 8
Bench press the bar with no weight- 2 sets of 30 w/ rapid repetitions.
As an added note im about 6"2 and around 220 lbs (most of it fat >_>)
Also im trying to go natural. No supplements cus my parents would look at me like im insane and probably freak out and question me endlessly why i wanna use them.
Last thing is i kinda eat like a pig cus im constantly hungry from what i think is my working out. And i cant stand vegetables. Im a picky eater so heads up if any of you guys throw in a diet response =|.

PIKEstrong

Awards
You will not gain muscle if you are a picky eater, regardless of what your weight lifting routine looks like. If you want to be 200lbs, you need to eat like your 200 lbs. That means eating a bowl of cereal and a go-gurt for lunch is not considered a meal. Eat a lot of red meat, chicken, pork, eggs, rice, potatoes, etc and eat as often as you can. Remember, Rome was not built in a day, it takes months and months of dedication to nutrition and lifting to gain muscle.

In terms of lifting, use major compound movements like bench press, military press, squats, and deadlifts (when your knee recovers).

Most importantly, remember and understand that it takes dedication and most of all TIME to gain muscle.

Hope this helps.

BallisLove

Awards
Ive been working out for quite a while and i have seen a big jump in my bench. Freshman year i couldnt lift 95 lb for bench. So from not bein able to lift 95 to liftin 110 is nice. I did have to take a major break due to my surgery since i had to wear a brace (ACL and meniscus repair) about a month and a half before i got my knee strong enough just to carry the weight to the bench without worryin bout my knee given up on me. I eat a lot meat poultry fish. its the peas, green beans, broccoli etc. that i can just smell and gag from it. Thats the picky extent of my eating habits. Squat wise i was doing about 150 when my knee was healthy and deadlift about 120.
On a personal note i like the rome wasnt built in a day statement made me smile :p

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Make sure you focus one your muscle's time under tension and try to not focus so much on reps but rather how far you can go until you fail on your last rep or set.and make sure you're eating enough because no matter how good your training is,it's all waste if your body gets nothing.and about going natural without supplements.you're still natural if you take any form of creatine,,bcaa or whey protein or any supplements out there unless you're going for them roids.train hard eat smart and sleep well and a full load of dedication and patience you will grow.guaranteed.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
And if your parents still have those paranoid mentality thinking all those supplements out there gonna make you look like a monster and endanger your health.try doing some research and show them those articles.it'l probably help them to understand.