Biceps Burn

thaddeus

thaddeus

Awards
Does anybody else struggle to reach that burning, tight feeling in their biceps? I always feel it when I train chest, I always feel it when I train legs, I pretty much feel it on every muscle except biceps?

I train hard too, I'm not messing around, it's not about a lack of focus, knowledge or motivation, I just rarely feel like I've touched my biceps. My biceps aren't small, about 16.5 round, but for a while they've not grown...

Lately I've been banging out about 300 reps (in sets of about 20-30) standing barbell curls, with 17.5kg, and this has just about hit them.

Any tips would be much appreciated guys...!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Does anybody else struggle to reach that burning, tight feeling in their biceps? I always feel it when I train chest, I always feel it when I train legs, I pretty much feel it on every muscle except biceps?

I train hard too, I'm not messing around, it's not about a lack of focus, knowledge or motivation, I just rarely feel like I've touched my biceps. My biceps aren't small, about 16.5 round, but for a while they've not grown...

Lately I've been banging out about 300 reps (in sets of about 20-30) standing barbell curls, with 17.5kg, and this has just about hit them.

Any tips would be much appreciated guys...!
Damn... But yeah I have a similar feeling as you. Changing out the way I grip and exercises has helped a bit.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
kai incline.jpg

DB curls done seated on an incline bench. Full stretch, full contraction

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
300reps? More does not always = better. You can get results in a tenth of that.

That tightness often occurs after extensive eccentric training (the lowering phase) and just because you don't get it all the time, doesn't mean your body won't grow. How long have you been stuck on 17.5kg for? Unless you add weight or reps then your body simply wont grow because it doesn't need to. Doing 30 sets isn't going to stimulate it more than if you increase the weight and reps per set.

Also, whats your diet like? are you feeding the body the fuel and tools it needs to grow? IF your in calorie deficit, don't expect growth. Because it just won't come.

You can't build a mansion with the tools only to build a shack.

Another point, how hard do you train your triceps? considering they make up ~70% of total arm dimensions they are also important to hit. If your hitting biceps with 300 reps, it would only make sense to match that intensity of triceps if not go over that.

Id suggest cutting down sets,. 300 reps is not needed.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Incline curls are good but I have recently switched to PHAT training and the hypertrophy arms day with concentration curls kills my biceps. After training chest it's just 3* 8-12 Cambered bar preacher curls and then 2* 12-15 Dumbbell concentration curls. It's been a long time since I have done conc curls but they really hit the biceps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
DemntedCowboy Natural Bodybuilding 83
enhanced Anabolics 11
u_e_s_i Training Forum 28
u_e_s_i Training Forum 13