any one use gripads?

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Just seeing if any one used these. Not a fan if gloves but these seem pretty cool. Reading some mixed reviews though.

Www.Gripad.com

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is a guy at my gym that uses them. He seems to get by just fine with them. I have not used them though. I also do not like gloves either. I'll use straps occasionally though.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Just looks like a gimmick to me. You are better off hardening your hands up, unless you like soft, girly mitts.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just looks like a gimmick to me. You are better off hardening your hands up, unless you like soft, girly mitts.
Got your pm btw. Will get back to you a little later.

jondel

jondel

Awards
grippads really dont do anything, just sand you callus if it starts to hurt

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
One of the main writers from muscle and fitness did a video on straps. And he said there was a study of trained athletes , one group used straps on back day the other didn't. The study showed that the group using straps consistently did at least one extra Rep every set. So that equals more growth. And when I train back I really don't care bout my forearms. Plus now that I'm added in grip strengthening specific exercises it gets tough at times. So I'm just looking for something. And I can't use chalk :(.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of the main writers from muscle and fitness did a video on straps. And he said there was a study of trained athletes , one group used straps on back day the other didn't. The study showed that the group using straps consistently did at least one extra Rep every set. So that equals more growth. And when I train back I really don't care bout my forearms. Plus now that I'm added in grip strengthening specific exercises it gets tough at times. So I'm just looking for something. And I can't use chalk :(.
Why don't you just go with straps then?

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Honestly they seem like a hassle. And I kinda feel like unless ur pulling some heavy ass weight u shouldn't use um. I feel like I have to earn them by lifting sum heavy ass weights! Lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly they seem like a hassle. And I kinda feel like unless ur pulling some heavy ass weight u shouldn't use um. I feel like I have to earn by lifting sum graveyard ass weights! Lol
You will get used to them. Also, you don't need to use them all the time.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
gripad-for-men3.jpg

That just looks fuggin silly.

Mkspillai

Awards
I got a pair free and I've been using them. I was sceptical at first... But the damn thing is amazing... Really helps with my presses... Certainly helps push more weights...

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I got a pair free and I've been using them. I was sceptical at first... But the damn thing is amazing... Really helps with my presses... Certainly helps push more weights...
Sold

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
How did u get a set free?

Mkspillai

Awards
How did u get a set free?
They r good for presses and lifts.... Not so much when u use cables...

I used to struggle with presses specially when bars are narrow... Used to hurt my palm... These really helped... I hate using gloves.. This just feels different... My presses went up at least 10kg with these...

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
They r good for presses and lifts.... Not so much when u use cables...

I used to struggle with presses specially when bars are narrow... Used to hurt my palm... These really helped... I hate using gloves.. This just feels different... My presses went up at least 10kg with these...
Nice so how'd u get them free?

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
I'd be skeptical on someone telling me they gained 20lbs from cushions.

Mkspillai

Awards
No one has to take my word for it.. Merely stating my experience...

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I'd be skeptical on someone telling me they gained 20lbs from cushions.
True but at 10 bucks I think ill give um a go. The main complaint I see online is that they don't last and it looks like there addressing that buy make the elites which have better materials.

ph4y5e

Awards
I also got them for free from BB.com, and i only use them on my arm days.

I have been using them for the past 6 weeks on my arm days only , and i have felt a difference in two areas.

firstly, It works your grip, My grip has never been my strongest point, and i find that by using the grip pads it has built my grip strength quite a bit.

secondly, It also seems to give my forearms a killer burn during my arm workout,

Thus i find them quite useful but only for my arm days.