Bicep thickness

dmax79

dmax79

Awards
I have good shape to my arms but I can't seem to get much more thickness, any suggestions?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vary your grips. make sure you're going down all the way. limit use of your forearm. eat

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
try switching your arm routine

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
When your doing row exercises use straps. It will allow you to use more weight therefore giving your biceps more of a challenge.

You could also try changing exercises, and/or use a variety of sets and reps.

dmax79

dmax79

Awards
Is it better to curl your wrist when you come up or keep them straight?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've looked up the same stuff man, I have the same problem as you. don't curl your wrist, you cheat the weight up that way and I usualyl get a pump in the firearm that I hate

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gain more weight. It's hard to expect to have really thick muscle bellies at 185lbs.

dmax79

dmax79

Awards
I'm trying, I want to hit 200 I eat like a horse but it's slow gain

Big_Mick

Awards
This amazes me, don't worry about curls. Focus on the big lifts.

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
put back in the beginning of the week...hit your bis at the end....do arms at the end of the week and hit bis with different exercises that u dont usually do..eat...force them to grow

do incline bench curls and heavy barbell

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
This amazes me, don't worry about curls. Focus on the big lifts.
I agree. You want bigger biceps, stick to compound movements.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I also do compound and isolation on bi's but never do too many sets. My arms seem to grow better wit the "less is more" approach.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
I let my wrists curl down as i lift up, isolates bicep good with a lighter weight

survey

Awards
Heavy Barbell Curls will do the trick. Stick to 5x5 for a few weeks and see what happens. Vary your grip and use a straight bar one week and a curl bar the next. A narrow grip will get the outsides of your bis and a wide grip the insides.

Anik87

Awards
I also do compound and isolation on bi's but never do too many sets. My arms seem to grow better wit the "less is more" approach.
I have heard this from some other trusted sources as well. Will try now. Thanks.

diezel

Awards
  • Established
Biceps are a lagging part for me as well so I hit them twice a week. Once with a Back/hamstring day and then again at the end of the week for an arm day. I've noticed great size improvements with this.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have heard this from some other trusted sources as well. Will try now. Thanks.
Allgood, experiment with sets + reps etc. you never know what stimulus your biceps will respond to more

hmmoreno

hmmoreno

Awards
  • Established
Good Info