Thinking about getting into bodybuiding

  1. New Member
    latenight6194's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    37
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    42.75%

    Thinking about getting into bodybuiding


    Hi, I am eighteen years old and I have been thinking about getting into body building. I was wondering if there was any tips that anyone would like to give me such as diet, and workouts and such. Would a 3 or 5 day workout be best for building a body builder physic? How many times a week should I bench? That sort of thing.
    Thanks!

  2. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    42.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by latenight6194
    Hi, I am eighteen years old and I have been thinking about getting into body building. I was wondering if there was any tips that anyone would like to give me such as diet, and workouts and such. Would a 3 or 5 day workout be best for building a body builder physic? How many times a week should I bench? That sort of thing.
    Thanks!
    Google my friend..then come back when u have a basic understanding bulking cutting and different splits. Twin muscles workout on you tube are great as well. Enjoy!
  3. New Member
    latenight6194's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    37
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    42.75%

    Twin muscles workout are funnier than hell.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    GoGetSwole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    453
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%

    You need to find what's right for you, what works for you. Upper body I suggest compound movements obviously, higher rep range of 8-12, and focus on the negative when you lifts. So get the weight up and focus on the return. For lower body, do a high rep range of 16-20. And how much should you bench? Well.. You have to go find out what's most effective for you and what you complete 8-12 reps with, the last rep should be using almost all your strength with out losing form. Form is important too, then most important over 'how much you bench', it's 'how much can you properly bench with keeping form'. This is my 5 day aesthetics split, monday; chest and triceps, Tuesday: legs and abs. Wednesday: take a day off. Thursday: back and biceps. Friday: shoulders and lower laterals. Finally EAT MORE THEN YOU EVER HAVE if you want mass, personally I like a lean/cut look even while I bulk so I do intermittent fasting, but that's not for everyone. If your and ectomorph(very thin) Id say.. eat eat and eat again. Take in a lot of protein, 1 gram per pound of body fat. So 170 pounds? 170 grams. If you need a diet plan to bulk and stay at minimal bf% message me. Or if you need a true 'body builder' meal plan rather then a 'aesthetics' plan, I can help you out there to. I'm new too but I've done my research..stick with it and go get swole!
  5. New Member
    GoGetSwole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    453
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%

    ^sorry about my grammar, iPhones..
  6. New Member
    latenight6194's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    37
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    42.75%

    Thanks for the advice man. Ill have to PM you about a diet for body builders that like to stay lean because that is sort of what I am aiming for. I just recently cut 39 pounds and I really don't want to put that back on, unless its muscle.
  7. New Member
    GoGetSwole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    453
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by latenight6194
    Thanks for the advice man. Ill have to PM you about a diet for body builders that like to stay lean because that is sort of what I am aiming for. I just recently cut 39 pounds and I really don't want to put that back on, unless its muscle.
    Congrats on the fat lose! 39 pounds is a great accomplishment!! depending on your weight I could help you out with a very clean, very nutritional diet. All I'd need to know is: your goal, your weight and height, and body fat %. Personally like I said before, I go for an aesthetic look, diet and routine which is just a slightly modified body bulking regiment. It's takes more time, but you'll be ripped, lean, strawations showing the whole time you bulk. You can actually see the MUSCLE forming instead of, bulking, gaining fat, struggling to cut it, THEN seeing what you've built. Either way it works. Ya pm me for a diet of clean foods, to stay lean and get riiiiipppped. Again, congrats on the fat lose!! Now get to the gym, and gogetswole!
  8. New Member
    Sansuwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    29
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    31%

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGetSwole

    Congrats on the fat lose! 39 pounds is a great accomplishment!! depending on your weight I could help you out with a very clean, very nutritional diet. All I'd need to know is: your goal, your weight and height, and body fat %. Personally like I said before, I go for an aesthetic look, diet and routine which is just a slightly modified body bulking regiment. It's takes more time, but you'll be ripped, lean, strawations showing the whole time you bulk. You can actually see the MUSCLE forming instead of, bulking, gaining fat, struggling to cut it, THEN seeing what you've built. Either way it works. Ya pm me for a diet of clean foods, to stay lean and get riiiiipppped. Again, congrats on the fat lose!! Now get to the gym, and gogetswole!
    Just wondering maybe you could help me out wanna try to be aesthetical than bulking up hope to hear from you
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 01:55 AM
  2. THinking about getting into it, Advice?
    By tilldeath in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 05:32 PM
  3. thinking of getting into powerlifting
    By touchdownthirty in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 05:27 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in