First competition

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Whats up fellas? I hope to compete in my first show in september. I was wondering if anyone can help me with a diet for competition and a posing routine. All advice is much appreciated.
P.S. I'm 6'2 234-238lbs right now. Thanks

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Also, I have always been natural, if that helps anyone with advice. Thanks

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
i've only been in 2 shows the 1st one i was all natty,did pretty good got a 4th in open and 2nd in masters, i followed a lane norton (i think last name my be spelled wrong) ya hear all kinds of show prep thats sounds kinda crazy,most times imo...if it sounds that way..it most likely is, you know yr self,make a plan and stick to it.rice,fish, chicken and something green. (green beans or broc) as for poseing,i had help from a friend and went on line. body building.com is helpful. legs(for me) were kida hard to POP. work on them and the rest will come....best to ya bro....fun as hell bro.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
i've only been in 2 shows the 1st one i was all natty,did pretty good got a 4th in open and 2nd in masters, i followed a lane norton (i think last name my be spelled wrong) ya hear all kinds of show prep thats sounds kinda crazy,most times imo...if it sounds that way..it most likely is, you know yr self,make a plan and stick to it.rice,fish, chicken and something green. (green beans or broc) as for poseing,i had help from a friend and went on line. body building.com is helpful. legs(for me) were kida hard to POP. work on them and the rest will come....best to ya bro....fun as hell bro.
Cool. Much appreciated bro. Will do! I want it bad. I can't wait. It's an npc show, so I'm sure I'll be competing with non naturals lol but I don't care.

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
by your pic ya got good size bro,the last 2 weeks is make or break(for anyway) like i said ive only done 2 shows,3rd one this oct. i started poseing every day 2 months out for my show last fall and it payed off in a big way, it had hurt me befor. it makes a big inpact if ya got that on point. check out that stuff from lane if ya get a chance,theres alot of info out there.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
by your pic ya got good size bro,the last 2 weeks is make or break(for anyway) like i said ive only done 2 shows,3rd one this oct. i started poseing every day 2 months out for my show last fall and it payed off in a big way, it had hurt me befor. it makes a big inpact if ya got that on point. check out that stuff from lane if ya get a chance,theres alot of info out there.
Cool. Thanks man! I checked out the posing on bodybuilding.com and it has helped quite a bit. There was a lot of tricks I didn't know, so thanks for that. I spoke with a guy from NPC and I told him how long I've been training, and he was trying to encourage me to go ahead and compete because most of the guys he sees have only been training a quarter of that time. Lol. But I think it would be better to be a spectator first, so I know what to expect? Thanks for all the advice bro. It is all appreciated, I need every little bit of help I can get. I'm dying to take my bodybuilding hobby to that next level. The biggest thing of all is taking home a trophy, so I can say I did it. Lol. I've been training all these years, and it would be great to have something to show for it besides a good physique, although thats the main thing. Thanks man!

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Also, my app on my phone has been frozen for the last 10 hours or so. So thats why I couldn't respond earlier.

4drteg

Awards
I'm doing my first show in Tampa, would be cool to relate any gained knowledges along the way.