this real?

pastorcgc

Awards
I know I guy who changed his body completly in only three monthes and says its natural. He lost 30 pounds of fat and gained an inch on each ARM. Said his secret was eating more not less. The more he ate the more he lost and the more muscle he grew. He only works out three times a week doing full body. 1 exercise for each body part 3 sets. I thought that was a beginwers program and he has been working out for years. And years. Anyone able to tell me if this guy with so so genetics in his 40s could realty do this? Thanks

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yes he could, its called proper diet, proper training and enough rest time. Bro's are used to training Mon-Fri hitting many "splits" and everything like twice or trice a week..that is wrong , whole body workouts are not only for beginners , they are for everyone , and the big compounds will always yield better results than just being a curl-bro...

pastorcgc

Awards
Is there a place that helps u do this? I have the same goals. I don't know much about nutrion is there a better place to ask this? I'm five ft ten. I have a 16 and a half inch ARM. My stomch is 39. My weight is 205. I want to drop some weight but put an Inch on my arms as well. I an add muscle but put on fat. Every time I diet a loose weight but loose muscle very fast. Any help would be great. Prayer doesn't seem to work for this lol.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...this is all about nutrition and training bro I can point yah in the direction I think works , but its a try and error process always, some stuff might work for me and not for you , and some for you and not for me...But I have yet to meet someone that doesn't like the results of well applied Intermitent Fasting , its a LOT of reading material , but it helps , so READ IT ALL and think it up , its a good sunday for that :p:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Thats the main idea behind it, go around the website I gave yah and check the other stuff , the studies , trials and examples if you don't believe it yet, it is scientific and empiric knowledge at its best.

Now if you DID like it , there's a process called Recomp , to burn fat and build muscle , it is a bit slower to make size gains , but you are putting down fat at the same time , so here is how to get the diet ironed out:

http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/

If you check the links on this last one , in the read you have many useful hints , and also you can find the basic training programs there , well links to them for Starting Strength and 5x5 , which is what I would recommend for someone starting to train properly and with a nice diet.

Any questions , read it up and feel free to ask if you get stuck somewhere :).

pastorcgc

Awards
First off I want to thank you for your time and effort to point me in the right direction. Another well none site I got ignored or treated bad. I will go back but looked briefly. Everyone says eat all day every day this is the opasite. Do u do this diet? How did it work for you? I also am on daa. Anabeta. Erase pro and creatine and nos. Again I can't thank u enough sir!

pastorcgc

Awards
I See a lot so far about maintaining muscle but not much on gaining. Never seen this diet in a bbq magazine. These are great links.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
First off I want to thank you for your time and effort to point me in the right direction. Another well none site I got ignored or treated bad. I will go back but looked briefly. Everyone says eat all day every day this is the opasite. Do u do this diet? How did it work for you? I also am on daa. Anabeta. Erase pro and creatine and nos. Again I can't thank u enough sir!
I See a lot so far about maintaining muscle but not much on gaining. Never seen this diet in a bbq magazine. These are great links.
Gains do come haha and pretty good , the reason Martin Berkham puts a lot of emphasis on the "muscle loss" its because its pure BRO-SCIENCE that you will lose muscle if you fast, and reading upon the next link I gave you it will prove that Recomping and Bulking are more than satisfactory here because the fast and proper macro management helps you stay LEAN and gain LBM instead of fat , specially the recomp status. Now as for supplements I am a HUGE advocator than you DO NOT NEED SUPPLEMENTS passed the usual STAPLES , for the beginning of your serious building run in bodybuilding , since the best supplement you need is YOUR DIET , no supp will ever build anything by being on a caloric deficit , or by not tuning in proper macro ratio to build muscle, there are no miracle pills , but then again I do love the Combo of ABE+EP+DAA , however I think you need to check your diet and training habits first.

Yes I have done , and I am still doing Lean Gains style for Intermittent Fasting and love it , my results have been to get to 7% BF , and stay in single digits BF for now , while still having gained 13lbs of mostly Glycogen stores + Water + Lean Body Mass , while not going up much in the FAT department and still maintaining 8-9% bf :). Also my lifts have gone up as much as 50lbs in some , well my deadlift mainly :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I know I guy who changed his body completly in only three monthes and says its natural. He lost 30 pounds of fat and gained an inch on each ARM. Said his secret was eating more not less. The more he ate the more he lost and the more muscle he grew. He only works out three times a week doing full body. 1 exercise for each body part 3 sets. I thought that was a beginwers program and he has been working out for years. And years. Anyone able to tell me if this guy with so so genetics in his 40s could realty do this? Thanks
U ask him what he was eating?
He said he ate more of what?

pastorcgc

Awards
Cel do u do the 1 gram of protien per pound of bodyweight? How do split ur meals up using if?

aceroni

Awards
**** full body training. its for beginners.
yes do your compound lifts but if you've been training for more than a few yrs i don't see the point of doing 3 sets of each body part 3x weekly...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Cel do u do the 1 gram of protien per pound of bodyweight? How do split ur meals up using if?
I base my macros more in the way I now how my body reacts on them and some kind of rules of thumb , lets see not only 1g of prot per lb pf BW , I can go up to 1.25 or 1.5 , I don't mind the extra prot , but I do know 1g per lb is essential and that .45g of fat to .5g of fat per lb of bw are essential too , the rest of my kCals a day come from complex carbs. I split em up in 1 huge meal with 50-60% carbs in , a small protein/fat snack and a last meal pre bed with the rest of the carbs (loads of carbs haha) and the rest of the fat/protein.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
**** full body training. its for beginners.
yes do your compound lifts but if you've been training for more than a few yrs i don't see the point of doing 3 sets of each body part 3x weekly...
But he hasn't he is a complete beginner and you could provide him more inside on better training programs for WHEN HE GROWS more experienced , kinda like DoggCrapp or PHAT , or good West Side variations...but for this he needs to learn how to train first and to know his body, it takes AGES to perfect this mind-muscle connection and to polish the knowledge of what your body reacts best too, not to mention it takes even more YEARS to perfect the physique you want :)

aceroni

Awards
ok fair enough. for a beginner i'd suggest a starting strength style program training 3x aweek, one day focusing on squats, the next on deads, the next on presses / ohp

edit:: even though 5/3/1 is for more advanced trainees it could really benefit a noobie too

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
ok fair enough. for a beginner i'd suggest a starting strength style program training 3x aweek, one day focusing on squats, the next on deads, the next on presses / ohp

edit:: even though 5/3/1 is for more advanced trainees it could really benefit a noobie too
Agreed completely bro :) Good advice , something like 5x5 and Starting Strength will be perfect to get a baseline for him!

aceroni

Awards
I would honestly suggest going out and buying the book starting strength.. it will detail the important exercises, and will also help you build out a program. it would be very beneficial.. can be found at amazon.com

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I would honestly suggest going out and buying the book starting strength.. it will detail the important exercises, and will also help you build out a program. it would be very beneficial.. can be found at amazon.com
I actually bought the book a while back , I enjoyed it very much , I got that one by rippetoe , 5/3/1 by wendler and some other goodies in my bookshelf hehe. Perfect read to understand more all this complex art of ours in your early stages at it!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Haha, you know for once I have to disagree with intermittant fasting for someone new. Maybe he should start getting used to watching his macro intake and learning his body before you throw him in the deep end. Diet is only one peice of the puzzle, but its a piece you have to get right in order to gain, esp. if training is on point.

Id recommended bilding yourslef up to a IF style diet, e.g. week 1 eat as per normal, minding that your meeting your macro goals, perhaps take 2-3weeks doing this (adjusting as you gain mass etc.). Then maybe from week 4 start compiling meals to later in the day, go from 6 meals to 5 without reducing calories then oer time drop 1 meal at a time until you can eat within a 8 hour window.

pastorcgc

Awards
First thanks to everyone willing to share there advice with me. Can someone explain the 5 3. 1?

aceroni

Awards
First thanks to everyone willing to share there advice with me. Can someone explain the 5 3. 1?
It's a training program involving training 3x a week, each day focusing on one primary lift, squat, bench, and deadlift.. First week 3x5, next 3x3, next 3x1, deload week and repeat..you should really buy the book by Jim Wendler he can explain it much better