question.about 6 pack abs

Zoomy273

Awards
I have been training for quite a while now and have difficulty getting.definition on my abs.

is it possible to get a 6 pack without any cardio?

any help is appreciated .

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been training for quite a while now and have difficulty getting.definition on my abs.

is it possible to get a 6 pack without any cardio?

any help is appreciated .
If you want to have and see a 6-pack, you simply have to be lean enough AND have the muscle there TO see. Cardio is not a must in leaning down, but it can definitely help in conjunction with your nutrition and resistance training. In the end, you need to do what is going to work for YOUR body in getting to the level of leanness required to see a 6-pack on you.

~Rosie~

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Exactly what Rosie said. To make things, simple work out all your body parts because you are going to need a certain amount of muscle to maintain a six pack.

Zoomy273

Awards
Thats great thanks for the.replys appreciate the help. So is diet.probably the most important.factor in getting visible abs?

Also.is there.any ab workout routines anyone would highly recommend?

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Thats great thanks for the.replys appreciate the help. So is diet.probably the most important.factor in getting visible abs?

Yes, your diet is IMO the most important. But continue to work out all your body parts.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

For 99.99999999......% of people, YES, NUTRITION is the determining factor in their fat loss success (or not).

Just do abs twice a week for ~100 reps total each time, primarily weighted exercises - they're the same as any other muscle groups, so no need to do excessive amounts of abwork or every day.

~Rosie~

tommo90

tommo90

Awards
I found weighted ab exercises rapidly enhanced the definition of my abs compared to bodyweight exercises. But its true that abs are built in the kitchen, cut down on the carbs

Zoomy273

Awards
thanks.again.:) i have been using.the p90x.workout for abs...does.anyone have any thoughts on it because it definetly feels like it hits my abs?

pasamoto

pasamoto

Banned
Awards
a lot of the P-90x "ab" movements are actually hip flexor exercises. p-90x is good for fat guys who have some muscle and need to lean out. if your a skinny guy p-90 is not gona do much for ya

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
a lot of the P-90x "ab" movements are actually hip flexor exercises. p-90x is good for fat guys who have some muscle and need to lean out. if your a skinny guy p-90 is not gona do much for ya
I agree. I'm a meso - endo and Insanity did wonders for my definition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LeviHamilton

Awards
Barbell rollouts and other lower ab workouts will be important to do if you want the full pack if not you will get some weaker looking abs in the lower section or they won't even be seen. Stick to a steady diet, some cardio will help, weighted ab workouts (as previously stated), and lower ab workouts. If you don't know any/many look for some, there are very few that execute that area well but the work pays off once you start seeing results. Try ad changed the workouts for your abs up, too, so you see what works best.

GoGetSwole

GoGetSwole

Awards
I'm new so you don't have to take my ADVICE but from my experience it has a lot to do with genetics as well, some people have 4pk some 6 some 8. It's really dependent what you were born with and how badly you want to razor it up. Plus the stubborn fat areas for most men is lower abs and back, so maybe it's time to go on a caloric deficit, or maybe even a carb elimination(which ever is easier on your performance drive) also for the cardio question, My cardio consists of brisk walking on the 'mill, whereas I can hold a normal conversation while doing my cardio. Ive been doing this since day 1 and haven't had ANY fat stored really. Just enough to keep my frame up and a little to burn. It's only my opinion though, "you can do whatever the **** you wanna do!" -hodge twins

Good luck broo

Source: BroScience

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Yes it is absolutely possible. A 6 pack is simply being low enough body fat % to see your stomach muscles. The more muscle there the more noticeable it will be. Hell I almost never do AB work outs.

Getting low body fat is mainly about diet, but why not do some cardio? A couple sprints a day will make a difference.

Genetics play some role. I hold fat on my abs the longest. Most do. I need to be around 10% to have an unflexed 6 pack.

My personal favorite cutting tool is sets of 25-50 hang cleans at a very fast speed. Recover and repeate. Don't throw up! Use lighter weight obviously...

GoGetSwole

GoGetSwole

Awards
If your core is strong enough and comfortable with the movement, I suggest incorporating 200 weighted decline sit ups into your core exercises, and some some leg raises. Also, I SUGGEST changing your eating schedule to a fasting regiment. I've been doing a 16hrs fast, 8 hours eating, looks like this

12am- oatz 100g, milk 150g, whey 40g

2pm- eggs whole: 160g, bread 80g

4pm- pasta 247 g, meat sauce 400g

530pm-oatz 100g, milk 150g

730pm- cottage 234g, tomato 145g, . oatz 50g, whey40g, jelly 50g,
eggs 199g, Natty PB 15g

P:244g
F: 93
3102,5 cal

8pm-12noon FAST

Pretty easy day. And I've never felt so good and young in my life, ive never had so much energy . And I'm bulking an cutting at the same time, wouldn't bash it till you try it, I DO THIS EVERY DAY BTW, 2 months so far

Zoomy273

Awards
again appreciate all.the info and suggestions will take all this into.consideration. thanks