The dry hard look

A

allday54

Awards
How do I get the hard dry look? My diet is spot on, but still don't have the dry look. Is it carb depletion??

S

SlyCamaro

Awards
Its called roids LMAO... that dry hard look really is tuff to get and keep when your all natural. What is your body fat like, you need to be around 8-9% at lest and still without a PH or AAS that hard solid look is not really gonna be there, youll definitely look vascular and ripped but the solid dry look and feel not really. I think some of it is genetics, my bro has always been kinda soft even though he's in good shape. I do notice as long as I lift heavy and keep my protein up my muscle feels harder, but not like what I think your after.

Also if I go to low on carbs I actually loose pump, and muscle starts to look flat. That does not work for me but everyone is different, I try to keep my carbs low but I eat them almost every meal. I have become much leaner and fuller looking by keeping carbs in my diet but keeping them low for a few days, then do a carb up every now and then.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
The "Dry" hard look comes from being lower in body fat. If you want that look, then you need to re-evaluate your diet and shed some pounds. You don't have to be on roids to get that look. If your developed "muscle maturity" when you cut back the fat on your frame you will look like this, if you are newer to the game then you won't get this look for lack of LBM.

S

SlyCamaro

Awards
Ya I agree muscle maturity has allot to do with it, you can be 8% and still not look solid! I see allot of guys like that, but younger and lack enough mass to have that look. I am 32 and it took till I was about 30 before I started to have a more solid looking frame, even at lower BF I never looked very dried out. All though natty test boosters and creatine seemed to get the vascularity going good.

inda11

inda11

Awards
How do I get the hard dry look? My diet is spot on, but still don't have the dry look. Is it carb depletion??
Don't take creatine. Keep sodium levels low. Body fat low. Carbs really have to be limited. Really low reps with really heavy weight because it uses different muscle fibres and unlike hypertrophy doesn't push fluid into muscles. Bruce lee used to weight train like that look how strong and dense he was. RIPPED! Its basically just preparing for a contest. Only problem is it can not be maintained because such low body fat is dangerous for general health.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't take creatine. Keep sodium levels low. Body fat low. Carbs really have to be limited. Really low reps with really heavy weight because it uses different muscle fibres and unlike hypertrophy doesn't push fluid into muscles. Bruce lee used to weight train like that look how strong and dense he was. RIPPED! Its basically just preparing for a contest. Only problem is it can not be maintained because such low body fat is dangerous for general health.
Im sorry but this is some of the worst advice ive read outside of body fat levels low.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because keeping sodium levels low when your not a day before a show is rediculous. Your body needs sodium to function correctly.

Also you can have a dry hard look with carbs in your body unless your body hates carbs.

The statement you made was very general in nature and making a blanket statement like that just isnt correct as everyone is so vastly different.

Also high weight low reps? Seriously? I suppose since im cutting ill want to do light weight and high reps then?

inda11

inda11

Awards
Because keeping sodium levels low when your not a day before a show is rediculous. Your body needs sodium to function correctly.

Also you can have a dry hard look with carbs in your body unless your body hates carbs.

The statement you made was very general in nature and making a blanket statement like that just isnt correct as everyone is so vastly different.
After i talked about it been pre contest prep If you read what i said at the end. It can not be maintained. Its unhealthy.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After i talked about it been pre contest prep If you read what i said at the end. It can not be maintained. Its unhealthy.
Thats not what he is asking for. He didnt state dieting for a show and i also dont remember that comment about pre show being there when i responded.

He stated his diet was on lock and he wanted that dry hard look. Which is very attainable without cutting sodium.

inda11

inda11

Awards
Thats not what he is asking for. He didnt state dieting for a show and i also dont remember that comment about pre show being there when i responded.

He stated his diet was on lock and he wanted that dry hard look. Which is very attainable without cutting sodium.
Okay how does he achieve it?

B

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
winny

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations state the obvious
Wow, dont get so butt hurt. I wasnt being an ass, but im not going to let misinformation be passed around.

A

aceroni

Awards
At the OP, you don't need drugs you just need to really get your diet locked in and your boundary low

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The "Dry" hard look comes from being lower in body fat. If you want that look, then you need to re-evaluate your diet and shed some pounds. You don't have to be on roids to get that look. If your developed "muscle maturity" when you cut back the fat on your frame you will look like this, if you are newer to the game then you won't get this look for lack of LBM.
Important point worth reiterating.

A

aceroni

Awards
AndroHard doesn't hurt :)
yeah besides the fact that this thread is in the "natural"area.. Like the above posters have said, clean up your diet, get lean, and drink over a gallon of water daily..

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Giant Slayers Youth Ministry

??? WTH

LOL
Youth that goes around slaying giants. Pretty important group. I tried to get in when I was younger, but they don't just take anyone.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha wtf was my thought as well.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LMAO

Youth that goes around slaying giants. Pretty important group. I tried to get in when I was younger, but they don't just take anyone.

inda11

inda11

Awards
LOL only if you really knew what it meant. You would not be laughing! Haha

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With all due respect, you had your chance to joust with 3clipseGT

Let's all move on
Lol.. I just dont understand people, i really dont. I wasnt trying to joust or be a hard ass or none of that. But i suppose some peoples noses are so far in the air they cant handle someone else telling them they are wrong.

But hey no biggie, ill continue to do my thing.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah besides the fact that this thread is in the "natural"area.. Like the above posters have said, clean up your diet, get lean, and drink over a gallon of water daily..
Sorry the stupid back and forth distracted me. But yes, diet will be 99% of the results natural or not.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's the internet. Anyone can hide behind the computer screen. Let it go - who gives a hoot.

;)

Lol.. I just dont understand people, i really dont. I wasnt trying to joust or be a hard ass or none of that. But i suppose some peoples noses are so far in the air they cant handle someone else telling them they are wrong.

But hey no biggie, ill continue to do my thing.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im good and i let it go a while ago. No biggie whatsoever.

A

aceroni

Awards
Sorry the stupid back and forth distracted me. But yes, diet will be 99% of the results natural or not.
Yes diet will affect the majority of your results, but i do not agree that you have to diet / train as hard while on gear. Many people will flame me for this statement, but you just DO NOT HAVE TO. Its a fact. I'm 100% natty, and I see guys in the gym who I KNOW are on sauce, and they text inbetween sets, taking 10 minute+ rest periods, and they dont even train hard, and they still gain.
I absolutely DESPISE how people try to downplay how much juice actually helps... Honestly, I don't care if you do it or not- that's your choice. But when you 1- lie that you're not on it and 2- say that you have to work just as hard as a natty guy- you're just an ignorant ****.

Edit:: I'm not talking about anyone here on this forum, nor am i attacking anyone here. I'm just fed up with people lying to themselves.
Case A- Some guy I know start's dieting for a show, let's call him "ron".. Ron comes into the gym, 3 weeks into his diet, looking small and depleted.. Two more weeks later, hes 10 lbs heavier, and leaner, dryer, more vascular. He says to my face "Yeah, this is ALL me Bro, I haven't taken anything yet".. First off his trainer told me he was jumping on anavar. Secondly, I've dieted down for a show before- You DO NOT gain weight when you start dieting (if you're natural / not on juice)

/end rant

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Attaining a "dry look" is some what genetic as I know several people with varying BF levels and some with HIGHER levels appear "drier" Skin thickness, vein protrusion, muscle insertions and muscle bellies etc,,,

Once you get into that single digit range --- EVEN NATURAL you can be dry. Keep sodium moderate to HIGH while water is jacked up high to compensate.

High sodium + high water = muscle fullness, vascularity and better muscular pumps/contractions while training.

Carbs will be unique to each person , but once in that single digit zone --- 100-150-200g seems appropriate for most people once in that BF range.

Androgens will HELP --- of course, dry compounds like proviron, masteron, furuza, pstanz, Androhard, etc....

-matt

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
I used to want to look like a bodybuilder/fitness guy all the time. Or ever really. Then I found out, by talking to a couple amateur guys at the gym, how unhealthy that can be. And also seeing what pros look like off contest. Big difference. And hey some guys just have some good genetics and really do look like that naturally. I would guess however that most can't. Bieng comfortable with what I got and have accomplished is more important now. But i'm old and washed up so that's probably why.

BTW, from earlier, low sodium can give you seizures.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Attaining a "dry look" is some what genetic as I know several people with varying BF levels and some with HIGHER levels appear "drier" Skin thickness, vein protrusion, muscle insertions and muscle bellies etc,,,

Once you get into that single digit range --- EVEN NATURAL you can be dry. Keep sodium moderate to HIGH while water is jacked up high to compensate.

High sodium + high water = muscle fullness, vascularity and better muscular pumps/contractions while training.

Carbs will be unique to each person , but once in that single digit zone --- 100-150-200g seems appropriate for most people once in that BF range.

Androgens will HELP --- of course, dry compounds like proviron, masteron, furuza, pstanz, Androhard, etc....

-matt
Great advice Matt.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
inda11

inda11

Awards

-matt
Great advice. Just what this thread needed.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know you guys have all seen the natural taller guys at the gym --- that are not "BIG" by any means but possess a "dry look" veins in arms and delts, nice muscle tie-ins, probably 6 foot and only 180 (ish) lbs but look damn good.

We have them at every gym --- genetics. So do not think for 1 minute a "natural cannot" appear dry. REMEMBER THIS -- A natural CANNOT appear DRY + BIG ---- now that is damn near impossible lol

-Matt