What to do

frankie_96

Awards
I'm 19 I have been training for about year and a half and I'm doing everything that I can right eating heeps of good foods about 3900 cals training hard and not sure why I'm not gaining that well and maybe some fat that's all what could I be doing wrong I'm avoiding over trainig and cosseting try a ph cycle of halodrol what could be the reason
Could it be low test

Thatguy_603

Awards
19 years old ur test should be high just keep training and stay away from ph's till ur atleast 22.

frankie_96

Awards
I know it should be high but I don't think I have gained hardly any muscle at all and not sure how to fix it

frankie_96

Awards
Weight 96 kg about 14 percent bf Havnt or a clue
Umm douimg 4 day split ATM chest triceps
Back bi rest shoulders legs rest rest
Is that what u want

frankie_96

Awards
Height 185 cm
Weight 95 kg
Training spit 4 days a week ATM chest tri ,
Back bi ,rest shoulders, legs rest rest
Eat around 3900 cals a day ATM
Is that all u want

Colby

Colby

Awards
Wats ur set n Rep scheme? Being ur age and still being fairly new to training u should b making good gains eating that much, wat kind of cals r u eating? N how much sleep for u get nightly?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
I know it should be high but I don't think I have gained hardly any muscle at all and not sure how to fix it
U sure u didn't see any improvement? I also didn't see any improvement at 1st, but I am now... how long have u been on this program u wrote about?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I'm 19 I have been training for about year and a half and I'm doing everything that I can right eating heeps of good foods about 3900 cals training hard and not sure why I'm not gaining that well and maybe some fat that's all what could I be doing wrong I'm avoiding over trainig and cosseting try a ph cycle of halodrol what could be the reason
Could it be low test
It could be low test but at 19 you're still developing and you might just be late on the development scale. Do you have medical insurance? If so, the doctor should be able to run a blood panel. Tell him you are lethargic and feel like your sex drive isnt as high as your peers (whether its true or not, this is what you say to get him to run a hormone panel, he'll run everything else too - vitamin B levels, etc.)

19 years old ur test should be high just keep training and stay away from ph's till ur atleast 22.
Agree that the illicit route is not the way to go at 19. Unfortunately, just because test SHOULD be through the roof at 19 doesn't mean it WILL be. I had a weird medical condition when I was like 2 years old and only one of my guys is producing test. Both are there and look normal but one is a dud :grumpy: - the result, test ~300ng/dl. I won't go into my whole story but the point is, you can have a low testosterone condition at any age.

This isnt the dark ages, right? We have medicine and doctors so if you think its hormonal, go get checked out. I'd put $1000 on it being your diet and/or training. Body building is 80% diet and 20% training (supplements and gear only give you a 1-5% extra boost, giving you 105% :biglaugh:)

Height 185 cm
Weight 95 kg
Training spit 4 days a week ATM chest tri ,
Back bi ,rest shoulders, legs rest rest
Eat around 3900 cals a day ATM
Is that all u want
185cm! Are my math skills off or is that ~7 feet? (I should say is google search off ..... ) At 7 feet and ~190 lbs (or 185cm/95kg) you, my friend, are likely what we call an ectomorph. You might just have "that type" of body. To overcome your genetics, you might need to eat until youre so full youre sick? 3900 calories.... I'm 5'9" and I eat more than you. You need to up those calories, put in healthy carbs and protein. You should be eating a 1200 calorie omlet for breakfast, peanut butter and jerkey 90 minutes later, a full 12 oz. lean meat for lunch and another 12 oz for a snack later, some cottage cheese, a chef's salad for dinner plus a whey shake post WO and casein before bed. That's a diet for someone 7 feet tall trying to bulk.

LET ME EMPHASIZE: YOUR WORKOUT MIGHT NEED IMPROVEMENT BUT YOUR PROBLEM IS DIET!!!

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Dude...you're only 19 with only 1 1/2 of training under your belt. It takes YEARS to attain a quality physique.
x2

Everyone wants immediate results, but even with anabolics they aren't immediate..unfortunately. Deadlift, squat, bench, and military press over and over for years..you will be happy with the results.

frankie_96

Awards
Not sure what to answer First umm I might try that doctor thing does that blood panel a blood test not a fan of them at all hahha
Um I'll try eating more and I think I eat all the right foods in right times but I have upped it a little puting a bit of fat on that's all but I'll try harder and I just started this trainig split tryed a few do them for a mouth or 2 see like no results and try a new one but I'll keep this one going

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what to answer First umm I might try that doctor thing does that blood panel a blood test not a fan of them at all hahha
You scared of needles? Its worth while to get a hormone panel now, at the very least it will serve as a baseline for later in life.

Um I'll try eating more and I think I eat all the right foods in right times but I have upped it a little puting a bit of fat on that's all but I'll try harder
If you want to chart progress you can get a body composition done at a nutritionist, figure out bf % and weight which gives you lbs. fat, subtract lbs. fat from total BW to get lean body mass. It could easily take 1-3 years to put on 10 lbs of lean body mass post-puberty, especially without also gaining a ton of fat.

frankie_96

Awards
I might hit up a nuttiest sports to get a diet to make sure it's 100 percent and get that done also needles are an enemy I wish I didn't hate them but I really do never had a blod test and hope I domt need one hahah but I'll think about it alot

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
how tall are you in customary, because 7ft like woo

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This speaks to the failure of the US education system. 1in=2.54cm, so he's ~72" or 6'.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Dude...you're only 19 with only 1 1/2 of training under your belt. It takes YEARS to attain a quality physique.
Right on. And the same with Crazy Chemist. Rep to you both.

Maaaan, sounds like youre an ectomorph with a training routine that isnt heavy enough and a diet that isnt big enough. AND, since youre only 19, youre a product of my generation that thinks everything can happen as fast as email and well do whatever it takes to make it faster.

Lift big, eat big, sleep. If youre not seeing results: reevaluate your diet. Where are those 3900 cals coming from anyway?

frankie_96

Awards
Well what kind of workouts should I be doing I'm doing a 4 day spit ATM but u do hight rep for a week then next week say 8-12 the week after les reps then less again the week after them after u get doing to 3 reps u start again and try beat to last few weeks in the rep range it's off bb .com
I'm going to see a nutritionist soo to get a diet and get all that sorted hopefully not costly and maybe see a doctor soon and try get a blood test can I just say I want a blood panel done to see we're I'm at in test and hormon level etc

frankie_96

Awards
I don't think I am a ectomorph I put weight on pritty easy and I don't have small bone structure like narrow shoulders or anything like that I was pritty fat when I was younger like grade 9 them lost it all

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
You should be doing 4-6 reps or maybe 6-8 with a minute rest between sets. 4 days can be ok but be sure to get in your rest time. I suggest pushing to failure, some may say otherwise but I feel its the most significant in stimulating anabolic hormone release and hyoertroohy at the expense of also causing increased Cortisol.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
This speaks to the failure of the US education system. 1in=2.54cm, so he's ~72" or 6'.
HAHAHA I knew the conversion but without a calculator 185/2.54 was alot to think about so i googled it. The result: [h=2]6 feet [SUP]53[/SUP]⁄[SUB]64[/SUB] inch [/h]which I read as
[h=2]6 [SUP]53[/SUP]⁄[SUB]64[/SUB] feet[/h] mistakenly