workout schedule....

Starter09

For the last 6 er 7 weeks ive ben workin out monday thru Saturday;

Monday-back/bi
Tuesday-chest/tri
Wednesday-legs/shoulders

And then repeat Thursday thru saturday. To change up the muscle memory a lil bit i went to reading bout some new exercises an came across an article by the all so famous Lou... "an mass gaining program should be no more than 4 days a week". Which would explain me makin no gaines in the last 6 weeks.....
So i switched it to;

Monday: back/bi
Tuesday: chest/tri
Wed: off
Thursday: legs
Friday: shoulders

Also includin abs on Tuesday/ Friday

Im 5'11 165lbs. Its difficult to gain any weight an figured this may be a solution.... any suggestions? Should i work a body group twice a week with it already bein difficult to gain mass?

Also...im takin in 277 grams if protien, 292g carbs, 97g fat...... chicken breast, fruit, pasta, and shakes like ther goin outta style.

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
^^^ that was no help at all jackass

U need to eat more whole food proteins not just shakes...more carbs I'd say like 400-500 and see where that gets you. Mayb add in creatine and drink lots of water

For training... Maybe you need more rest if you are not used to lifting or haven't always been an athlete.
Try 1 on 1 off...
Chest/back
Off
Legs
Off
Shoulders/ abs
Off
Bis and tris

Use Myfitnesspal.com make sure you're getting enough food.. You might think you are but most people think they're eating a lot more than they actually are.
Hope this helps

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
For the last 6 er 7 weeks ive ben workin out monday thru Saturday;

Monday-back/bi
Tuesday-chest/tri
Wednesday-legs/shoulders

And then repeat Thursday thru saturday. To change up the muscle memory a lil bit i went to reading bout some new exercises an came across an article by the all so famous Lou... "an mass gaining program should be no more than 4 days a week". Which would explain me makin no gaines in the last 6 weeks.....
So i switched it to;

Monday: back/bi
Tuesday: chest/tri
Wed: off
Thursday: legs
Friday: shoulders

Also includin abs on Tuesday/ Friday

Im 5'11 165lbs. Its difficult to gain any weight an figured this may be a solution.... any suggestions? Should i work a body group twice a week with it already bein difficult to gain mass?

Also...im takin in 277 grams if protien, 292g carbs, 97g fat...... chicken breast, fruit, pasta, and shakes like ther goin outta style.

I personally think this seems fine, maybe bump your carbs up to 300-400 but 400-500 i think for your size is slightly extreme. Your split is good just make sure you have all the basic compound lifts and set your self goals in strength increases, every week, every month, what ever it doesnt matter just try your best to progress.

I dont know your lifting experience but If you feel like you cant achieve enough intensity training one muscle group a week increase the frequency and do something like an upper/lower