Bicep peak

liljohn

Awards
I'm starting to workout now and I'm looking for tips and workouts to get a bicep peak

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
really no need to double post but preacher curls work for me...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i circuit train bi's with tri's, its usually high volume....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
When the term high volume is thrown around are we talking more reps or sets...

For instance 1 person can think high volume is 3 sets of 15 reps...

Another person could say high volume is 5 sets of at least 8 reps...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
for example yesterday i did about 12 sets 12-15 reps 4 different exercises all supersetted with tri's, the only rest is actually walking from one exercise to the other...the term can be confusing but i refer to it as high rep

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
meaning i have little rest in between sets and i superset bi's with tri's...in all honesty, my back workout primarily works my bi's for the most part...i use high reps on my bi days to fill the void but i also train arms in a 2 part split

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget reverse curls broseph.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
for example yesterday i did about 12 sets 12-15 reps 4 different exercises all supersetted with tri's, the only rest is actually walking from one exercise to the other...the term can be confusing but i refer to it as high rep
12 sets of biceps and triceps not just biceps correct?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
For bicep mass id do chinups, barbell curls and incline curls.
For bicep hight/peak id do concerntration curls and barbell spider curls with a moderate to light weight concerntrating on form and contraction at the top.

altrock

Awards
Peak depends on genetics too. Guys with short muscle bellies have great peaks so if you're having trouble building a peak in the short term then you could just have a long muscle belly which is better long term. Just look at Sergio Oliva biggest muscle bellies ever.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
turn your wrists outwards when you do a curl

allday54

Awards
Heavy db one preacher curl. Focus in bringing your wrist towards you on the way up.

Aloi90

Awards
Bicep peak genetics play apart , there are many training methods that can help such as the exercise that is similar to the pose showing the bis ppl find to help " high bicep cable curls " and 45* angle db curls . Focus on form , contraction and TMT start with a bulk heavy such as a bb curl then your concentration type curls . Work on your weakest areas such as if you never do hammer curls add the to you new routine as a new stimulant .

liljohn

Awards
Bicep peak genetics play apart , there are many training methods that can help such as the exercise that is similar to the pose showing the bis ppl find to help " high bicep cable curls " and 45* angle db curls . Focus on form , contraction and TMT start with a bulk heavy such as a bb curl then your concentration type curls . Work on your weakest areas such as if you never do hammer curls add the to you new routine as a new stimulant .
Agreed

JakeMitch522

Awards
So I do biceps and triceps on separate days is that good or bad should I do biceps and triceps on the same day?

liljohn

Awards
So I do biceps and triceps on separate days is that good or bad should I do biceps and triceps on the same day?
Well i would do my biceps on my back days and triceps on my push days. Because when I work back it uses my biceps so at the end of each back day I'll kill the biceps.

liljohn

Awards
For bicep mass id do chinups, barbell curls and incline curls.
For bicep hight/peak id do concerntration curls and barbell spider curls with a moderate to light weight concerntrating on form and contraction at the top.
What are your thoughts on reverse grip for your bicep brachialis?

Blade Icewood

Awards
gl reaching ur goal u can do it!!:dance:

ozHarris

ozHarris

Awards
I find preachers make my biceps thicker..
Incline dumbell curls helped me with my peak.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
What are your thoughts on reverse grip for your bicep brachialis?
get a really good pump on reverse, i like to incorperate them at least once a week, plus it hits the forearm real good