cutting after bulking

GregorT

Awards
Hi all, i am new to the forum and also to training. Ive done a bit of research but id go to experienced opinions. This may sound like a silly question but please bear with me.

Once ive reached my goal weight for bulking, do i stick to the same program to cut with or should i start a new cutting 'specific' program? Thanks

kowalsik

Awards
Lower your carb intake a bit, do more cardio. Keep your rests between sets to 1 minutes so your heart rate is higher throughout your workouts.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, i am new to the forum and also to training. Ive done a bit of research but id go to experienced opinions. This may sound like a silly question but please bear with me.

Once ive reached my goal weight for bulking, do i stick to the same program to cut with or should i start a new cutting 'specific' program? Thanks
After your bulk, You can just decrease the carbs, do a lil tough dieting add some cardio depending on your situation... and lower the weight a lil on exercises and increase the reps and also keep the rest periods low between sets...

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
And one doesnot need some SPECIFIC program to cut or bulk... This is my personal suggestion...

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
continue to lift heavy as possible if you trained "heavy" in the first place. Give your body a reason to keep the muscle, how you put the muscle on; is how you keep it. This hasn't been researched, but it's my personal opinion.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Can be a Long complex topic....
Simply put to start, dont start eating less right away add in 3-4 cardio sessions a week, when weight plateaus reduce cals by ONLY 200-300 cals at a time for weight loss, increase cardio up to 6 times a week max imo, only reduce cals when needed in small increments to keep metabolism going, its FAR better to diet and loose weight on as MUCH food/calories/carbs as possible whilst including cardio sessions, cardio boosts metabolism and more calories boosts metabolism, naturally when dieting and loosing weight this slows down so you want to keep it going as fast as poss, eat as many small meals a day as poss with your allowed calories, consume protein every 2.5-3.5hrs
In the gym lift as heavy as you can ALL the time no matter what anyone says about higher reps when cutting, shorten rest periods as said a little but not to much, dont overtrain with to many supersets and negative sets etc.
When weight loss slows or halts then a variable will nedd to be changed, increase/change cardio/time of cardio/intensity, reduce or INCREASE cals, calorie cycle and carb cycle, your body wants to stay the same so it makes weight loss harder and harder the leaner you become so you will have to keep tweaking to get to the lower levels of bodyfat.
Just my 2 cents.

tru162

Awards
SimplyShredded.com beyond great information.will help you alot

GregorT

Awards
Thanks very much all, it certainly does make it a bit clearer. I will keep it all in mind when i start the cutting cycle.

Blade Icewood

Awards
gl reaching ur goal u can do it!!:dance: