New Way 5X5

1. Registered User

New Way 5X5

Before writing, i want to tell that i tried doggcrapp, dtp, classic 5x5 and other workout routines. By the way i really love powerbuilding kind of workout routines. For that reason, my gym buddy and i want to create or mix all this routine types in one.

Monday
    (this day 1 set starts with %50 of max and and with %90 for 5x5)
    Bench press 5 x 5
    Behind the neck military press 5 x 5
    Renegade Row 5 x 5
    Squat "doggcrapp way"

Tuesday
    (this day 1 set starts with %50 of max and and with %90 for 5x5)
    Weighted dips 5 x 5
    Barbell curl 3 x 15-10
    Hanging Leg raise 4 x 20-30
    Cable crunch 4 x 20-30

Wednesday is resting day

Thursay
    (%85-90 of max weight in all 5 sets)
    Incline/Decline bench press 5 x 5 (each time one of them)
    Smith Machine front shoulder press 5 x 5
    Weighted Pull ups 5 x 5
    Romanian Deadlift/suma deadlift "doggcrapp way"

Friday
    (%85-90 of max weight in all 5 sets)
    Close grip bench press 5 x 5
    Hammer curl 3 x 15-10
    Reverse barbell curl 3 x 15-10
    Hanging leg raise 4 x 20-30
    Cable wood chopper 3 x 30

What do you think about this routine? Im going to start this on Monday and i think i can see some progress. And i want to add, Im lifting more than 4 years and im 21 years old. I know this workuout routine can be overtrain, but i believe i can recover faster because of my age and all in natural way ^_^. Im eating more than 300gr protein per day. I really want to learn your ideas and suggestions. And last thing, I know my english isnt good ^_^

2. Registered User

I dont see how you could recover adequately with heavy flat bench one day weighted dips the next, then incline press then cgbp. It seems like a lot for your triceps. Plus you have other lifts that hit your tris on some of those days as well.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

So you are almost always at 90% of your 1RM? Where's the progression and deloads? I also agree with poster above... chest/tri's def getting more work than the rest of the body.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

You need much more Back work. Otherwise you will end up looking like a gorilla with your shoulders pulled forward. We had a guy on on our campus rec that looked like that. Its not good.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

for back try these:

facepulls (rear delts)
    meadow rows (destroys my back...sore everytime)
    deads (enough said)
    WG weighted pullups (slow and controlled)
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

honestly i was going to add what these guys are saying. do one less presing day where you focus on back.. the above poster hit the nail on the head.. facepulls to warmup, some deads, rows, and pullups. you want to get big? you gotta train your back.
    and as far as the squats.. idk what a dogcrapp squat is, but ive noticed more leg gains off hitting mine twice a week, with higher volume.
    one day i squat, heavy. and the 2nd time i hit legs in that week i focus more on leg presses and lungs and just try to rep them till i fall over.
  7. Registered User

Thank you for comments. I have to change Triceps workout with back workout for less triceps work. And it is really good idea, i have to add 1 or 2 more back movement. By the way, doggcrapp style squat is like 4-8 reps, 15 breathing breake, then with lower weight 20 killer reps. I really like it. Maybe i have to do double leg too. But i scared because of muscle pain. While not recover the squats pain in the leg, doing heavy deadlifts are feel me like overtraining.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Here is the 5x5 that I use. If you are interested. Maybe you can pull some ideas and such from it.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat
    Split: Perform each workout once per week. Day1 & 2 can be on back to back days, same for day 3 & 4 (I doMon, Tues, Thurs, Fri). How To: Perform the exercises as straight sets,completing all the prescribed sets for one move before going on tothe next. Pay attention to the percentages of your 1RM assigned toeach 5x5 lift. They will increase each week. If your 1RM is 300 lbs,a set that calls for 65% of it will be done at 195 lbs. The loadswill increase as follows: Wk 1: 65% of 1RM Wk 2: 75% of 1RM Wk 3: 85% of 1RM Wk 4: 60% of 1RM... Reduce the sets onthe remaining exercises to two each. Wk 5: Add 5 lbs to upper-body lifts and10 lbs to lower-body lifts, and begin the cycle again at 65%. Lifts... Day 1: Squat 5x5 Power Clean 5x5 Split Squat 3x6 (each leg) Hanging Leg Raise 3x As many aspossible Day 2: Bench Press 5x5 Dips 3x As many as possible Bent Over Row 3x8-12 Pull-ups 3x As many as possible Side Bends 3x8-12 (each side) Day 3: Deadlift 5x5 Front Squat 3x8-12 (I actually ended updoing this 5x5 more often so I could keep pace w/ Pwr Cleans) Back Raise 3x8-12 Planks 5x10 sec hold (tense all musclesas hard as possible, increase hold as feasible) Day 4: Overhead Press 5x5 Incline DB Press 3x8-12 Tate Press 3x8-12 One-arm DB Row 3x8-12 (each side) Hammer Curl 3x8-12 *During the 2nd cycle Iadded BB shrugs 3x15 to Day 1, Triceps cable push down drop sets tofailure on Day 2, calf raises 3-4x20 to Day 3, and Lateral DB raises3x8-12 on Day 4 (if time permitted). All these extra exercises wereadded as the last lift of the workout. Cardio: I usually do 10-20 min of cardio post workout, switching it up always from the bike, treadmill, stair climber, C2 Rower, & Jump rope. On some of my off days, maybe 1-2 days a wk, I will run outside doing tempo runs, sprints, time trails, etc. It various as well. Warm-up: Before every workout I follow a dynamic warm-up routine thatconsists of following each exercise in order to create a round andcomplete 3 rounds: Rotate a PVC pipe from in front tobehind by going over head x10 Over head air squat with PVC pipe x10 Pull-ups x5-10 Push-ups x10-15 Samson stretch x10-15 secs Sit-ups x10 Cool-down: After every workout I use various static stretches focusing onflexibility and mobility, and with emphasis on the muscle groups,tendons, joints, etc that were worked out that day, but whole bodynone the less.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RJW719 View Post
    I dont see how you could recover adequately with heavy flat bench one day weighted dips the next, then incline press then cgbp. It seems like a lot for your triceps. Plus you have other lifts that hit your tris on some of those days as well.
    100% agree

this is definitely overworking...

If you properly use the amount of weight you should be pushing in a 5x5 and pushing yourself appropriately you body could not handle
    Mon: Chest
    Tues: Dips
    Wed: inc / decline Chest.

Forcing yourself to do so will result in LOWER lifts due to fatigued muscles and over time a decrease in strength.
    https://www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
  •