does compression make muscles smaller?

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I play baseball and we have practice that lasts like 4 hours. I have been getting pretty bad shin splints. I'm thinking about gatteing a mcdavid compression leg sleeve to help not get shin splints. Will tight compression make my calves smaller?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't see how wearing a compression sleeve would make a muscle smaller. You're increasing pressure in that area but unless you're cutting off circulation I don't see any reason why you'd lose muscle tissue.

Plus it's not like you're going to be wearing this thing all day anyway. Don't worry about it..

I had shin splints when I played football and the only way I could ever get rid of them was to completely rest them and not do any kind of running. I played through them but it was a bitch!! Good luck

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I don't see how wearing a compression sleeve would make a muscle smaller. You're increasing pressure in that area but unless you're cutting off circulation I don't see any reason why you'd lose muscle tissue.

Plus it's not like you're going to be wearing this thing all day anyway. Don't worry about it..

I had shin splints when I played football and the only way I could ever get rid of them was to completely rest them and not do any kind of running. I played through them but it was a bitch!! Good luck
Thanks bro. I'm just going to wear it and not worry about it