Biceps

draft91

Awards
Steve Kuclo's Crazy Eight workout maybe. It is really working.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying he doesn't have good genetics, I'm just saying someone who isn't on gear shouldn't train like they are. A lot of this has to do with volume.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying he doesn't have good genetics, I'm just saying someone who isn't on gear shouldn't train like they are. A lot of this has to do with volume.
Yea man i know! Hence the "this should smash em lol"

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Is there like a workout though?
Look, there is no special get big bi's workout! Just train and cycle intensity/volume accordingly. Do deads/chin/pulls they all work bi's throw in a small iso set once or twice a week.

I currently train bi's twice a week with a total number of 4-6sets for the week.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I believe heavy straight bar curls along with cheat curls are the best exercise for bicep mass.

woodbear

Awards
Spare the isolation work until you have atleast 16" arms...
First, get overall size, make sure to todo close grip benches, i started with them to late, after ten years of training because i did not get a good pump from them as pushdowns etc.the make arms thick, and also improve bench.
Do them and dips as a part of a chest routine. Low rep and heavy... Actually those are my main chest execises too..
For biceps, make sure to have undercrip pullsdowns or pullups on back day...similar to close grip bench for biceps..

Then later in the week have a arm day if you like with curls and frenchpresses... Or add isolation after chest and back depending on split.

I spent too much time hunting for bigger arms, but nothing else.. The first inch came in weeks, then i stagnated for years until i finally got into dc training. No longer doing that, but it made me learn things.

I have naturally big chest, which makes chest training a breeze, but arms sucked...now they match..

Secret... Do less for arms, but mote often, they cant take much work per session, but they are small so they recover again very quick..

Sample splits.

Arms
Shoulders
Legs
Back
Chest

Chest back
Shoulders arms
Legs
( important to have a restday after chest back)
Or do
Chest back
Legs
Shoulders arms
Rest
Repeat

The classic

Chest shoulders triceps
Back biceps
Legs
Rest repeat or repeat the two upperbody days... With different rep range then rest two days and repeat.

My favorite for some time
Chest triceps
Back biceps
Shoulders triceps
Legs biceps

Dont go overboard with arm,6-9 sets each time... It works better todo arms with 12-20 sets spread over two workouts rather than one

But until you have gained 1-2 inches, stick to the more basic splits with just 1-2 isolation moves with few sets... Youll not regret it

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
i throw in 2-3 set of preacher ez bar curls after a back day to get a full range of motion for them....then on another day i do bi's and tri's i superset every bicep exercise with a tricep exercise...retarted arm pumps an will kickstart some growth to your arms

woodbear

Awards
I think when it comes to training we can say everything works and nothing works;-) i

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Chin-ups really spurred growth in my biceps.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Who likes doing straight bar or EZ-Curl bar 21's??

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I found my biceps responded best to chin ups. Decline curls also helped.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
DemntedCowboy Natural Bodybuilding 83
enhanced Anabolics 11
u_e_s_i Training Forum 28
u_e_s_i Training Forum 13