Unable to compete due to scaring?

lboston

lboston

Awards
I have been pondering entering some amateur competitions in the next year or so...have the size for my height, but need to hone in the diet.

However, I had cancer when I was an infant--in my liver. Due to this I have a large scar that runs across my midsection; it looks like someone tried to gut me! I also have a circular scar on my side from a port where I had chemo.

I am pretty much incapable of having a six pack due to this...scar tissue, torn muscle, etc. Would this make it impossible for me to compete competitively?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I have been pondering entering some amateur competitions in the next year or so...have the size for my height, but need to hone in the diet.

However, I had cancer when I was an infant--in my liver. Due to this I have a large scar that runs across my midsection; it looks like someone tried to gut me! I also have a circular scar on my side from a port where I had chemo.

I am pretty much incapable of having a six pack due to this...scar tissue, torn muscle, etc. Would this make it impossible for me to compete competitively?
it can be a cruel world sometimes but dont forget you will be competing with individuals who have strived for perfection .

i would suggest you contact an organiser of a show local to you and see what he has to say you ll also have the opportunity to show him what you are talking about.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Contact Denny kakos, the president of the INBA. Nice guy and should help clear things up.
I think you could get away with it, If it's as obvious as it sounds...of the rest of you is lean and symmetrical, you might do ok :)

lboston

lboston

Awards
Contact Denny kakos, the president of the INBA. Nice guy and should help clear things up.
I think you could get away with it, If it's as obvious as it sounds...of the rest of you is lean and symmetrical, you might do ok :)
Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate it. I am definitely going to make some calls. It is definitely a noticeable scar, but something I'm thankful for give the alternative of the circumstance I had.

I truly do appreciate the feedback.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
good luck with it bro!